Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #451
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Of course you did! Lol we were talking about the possible marching band trip to DL which the school has timed to be over spring break. Evan has gone from "you can't go" to "some families are turning it into a family vacation and staying there longer" I'm like, of course they are!

Woot woot sounds like a trip to Disneyland in the making!

Would you do WDW for 2 nights/one day post cruise?

I know Pam's answer even though she has until Wed now!

Quote:
Can we? He says. Mom and me trip? Maybe, I say, meantime Eric just has this sour look on his face and I'm like dude..,what do you think, it's spring break. I'm going to just leave you home alone? You should have seen the look on that kids face, it was priceless!

Like he doesn't know you better than that! Would K and Jeff go too?

Quote:
Of course this is assuming the trip happens but I think it likely will. Question will ten be whether Jeff is going an 1b versus studio.

'Id save the points and do amStudio. The GCV points are high especially over the weekends. It's hard to go without a kitchen and that whole other bedroom and washer dryer but sometimes, for shorter trips, it's worth it.

Quote:
I hear you, we actually don't graze for the same reason, too busy!

Funny how every family is different. As long as we're all healthy, I don't care how the nutrients get taken in; 3 large meals vs 6 small vs grazing.

Quote:
Yes, maybe. Disney adds on the tip, mandatory 18% but you have to pay it, it isn't included so does have to be budgeted for. TIW is mandatory 18% too.

It will likely come down to who all ends up in our room and whether they are up for doing it. It actually pencils pretty well with our line up. Nice thing with DVC is you can add it up to 3 days before the trip,

Right but then at least you don't get stuck leaving the entire tip. Disney outs it in there. I'm guessing you'll do separate checks per family?

That is a great deal, the three days. What happened to adding the DDP for only the days you wanted it? That seems short lived with DVC. Great idea though. It would so pay off on $$$ buffet days.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #452
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Stalk away! No problem with me sounds like you're leaning towards VWL now. That's a great resort too. They have some kind of water parade every night you can see from the beach, and movies on the beach and all the great restaurants you guys are already talking about. Yes, you can walk to Fort Wilderness, it's not that far. And then catch a bus back to WL if it's too late/dark.
I know I'm hopelessly behind, but Yay! for being under 200 days.

And I second the VWL stay. I have run from VWL to FW many times. It's about a mile. It's a really pretty walk with great views of the Contemporary and Bay Lake. In the nice weather I would not hesitate to walk there.

I just missed the ELP on the girl's trip, but you can watch it from the beach. The beach at night is just so peaceful.

Would this be your first stay at WL?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #453
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

The VWL are sounding better and better to me.I've been working on my day to day plans for the PTR and our few days there sewm like they are going to be very peaceful and rekaxing. Not that the rest won't be, but I imagine once we have gathered with the others, there will be a littke more pressure to be places and do stuff.

I'm sure you and Joshua will enjoy whatever resort you go to. Now to get Michael on board!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #454
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Me too. I love the OKW, laid back, Jimmy Buffett vibe. I'm just really wanting to stay somewhere new, somewhere we may not stay as a family.
Is VWL not on the list fora family trip?

Quote:

He's been in religious school for years. He has to chant in Hebrew, lots to do. www.jewfaq.org can explain better. Just put bar mitzvah in the search engine. He's been working for a long time on this. We're really proud of him. His sisters have set a good example for him.

Thanks, I'll definitely check this out, I've always been curious about this subject.

Quote:
Olivia's is so good. Joshua has never been either. I really need to make some decisions.

Quote:
My friend leaves for a 4 night Dream cruise to the Bahamas next Saturday. I can't find her cruise online, does that mean it's booked? Do cruises really book at 100% capacity? That's going to be one crowded ship.
Right, it won't show up if its sold out. It might not be at capacity though, that would have to be if each room was booked to hold the max.

Quote:

195 days!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #455
Pinkocto

Quote:
I know Pam's answer even though she has until Wed now! [/CENTER]
I took away that post, felt like I was bragging which I didn't mean

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #456
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I know I'm hopelessly behind, but Yay! for being under 200 days.

And I second the VWL stay. I have run from VWL to FW many times. It's about a mile. It's a really pretty walk with great views of the Contemporary and Bay Lake. In the nice weather I would not hesitate to walk there.

I just missed the ELP on the girl's trip, but you can watch it from the beach. The beach at night is just so peaceful.

Would this be your first stay at WL?
It will be out first stay at VWL. Still trying to decide if its worth the drive but I have decided on VWL. I showed Joshua both BLT and VWL and he didn't hesitate towards the Wilderness Lodge.

You ready for week #2 at the new job?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #457
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The VWL are sounding better and better to me.I've been working on my day to day plans for the PTR and our few days there sewm like they are going to be very peaceful and rekaxing. Not that the rest won't be, but I imagine once we have gathered with the others, there will be a littke more pressure to be places and do stuff.

I'm sure you and Joshua will enjoy whatever resort you go to. Now to get Michael on board!
Peaceful and relaxing are great. Your trip seems like it'll be a good mix of that, good food, and fun meets! I can't wait to read about Victoria and Albert's.

I agree. I've never been attracted to the VWL but the more info I gather, the more appealing they become.

Michael is totally in board now; it's me who's hesitating....if it weren't for the drive it'd be a no brainer. The drive is only one way thankfully.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #458
rentayenta

Quote:

Is VWL not on the list fora family trip?

Thanks, I'll definitely check this out, I've always been curious about this subject.

Right, it won't show up if its sold out. It might not be at capacity though, that would have to be if each room was booked to hold the max.

For the next family trip I think SSR proper and BWV were in the lead but collectively Epcot is our least favorite park so we'll see. Now I just need to get some dates for a family trip. We'll make it back to Disneyland before WDW. I know that they'll all want AKV regardless of when the trip is. They are AKV junkies!

Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #459
rentayenta

Quote:

I took away that post, felt like I was bragging which I didn't mean
You're too funny! It's awesome you have until Wednesday. I'd be shouting from the rooftops. It didn't come across as bragging at all; just excitement. goodvibes:

Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #460
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Peaceful and relaxing are great. Your trip seems like it'll be a good mix of that, good food, and fun meets! I can't wait to read about Victoria and Albert's.

I agree. I've never been attracted to the VWL but the more info I gather, the more appealing they become.

Michael is totally in board now; it's me who's hesitating....if it weren't for the drive it'd be a no brainer. The drive is only one way thankfully.
We stayed at the lodge in a suite on our first vacation to WDW together. It was magical! I went out to the geyser and watched it go off so many times! I loved it. We took the boat launch to a bunch of places as Fran was still able to walk wherever she wanted on that trip. It was the next one we realized she needed a wheelchair and broke down and got a scooter. When we got home she bought one so we never had to rent again, except we did until we understood the replacement of batteries.

Now we are good with it all and don't need to worry about batteries because we replace them often enough.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #461
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

this is supremely annoying! I totally responded from my phone and it's not here...
Quote:
[CENTER] Woot woot sounds like a trip to Disneyland in the making!
Yep! We will see how it all pans out

Quote:
Would you do WDW for 2 nights/one day post
cruise?
Well....for me, from Canaveral, yes. If it were ME driving from Miami, no. I despise driving so unless it was 3 nights...probably not. But that's ME.

Quote:

Like he doesn't know you better than that! Would K and Jeff go too?
K has a different break schedule so no, but on Jeff it remains to be seen. He should have a work trip to that area and it will depend on how that seminar times, or doesn't, with the school trip.

Quote:
'Id save the points and do amStudio. The GCV points are high especially over the weekends. It's hard to go without a kitchen and that whole other bedroom and washer dryer but sometimes, for shorter trips, it's worth it.
Yah, I need to figure out how many nights. Band trip is only 2 nights, early sat arrival, mon pm departure. I'd rather get there on Sunday but don't want to miss a performance so...we will see. Studio works well if it is just the boys and I, less so if Jeff. LOL!

Quote:
Right but then at least you don't get stuck leaving the entire tip. Disney outs it in there. I'm guessing you'll do separate checks per family?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on DDP versus not

Quote:
That is a great deal, the three days. What happened to adding the DDP for only the days you wanted it? That seems short lived with DVC. Great idea though. It would so pay off on $$$ buffet days.
Yes, that was short lived! It was lovely though! Mary Ellen and I did the DxDP for a couple nights on our first trip, it was a fabulous way to work it!

We do have a split stay so can break it up if we want, we will see!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #462
Pinkocto

Quote:
You're too funny! It's awesome you have until Wednesday. I'd be shouting from the rooftops. It didn't come across as bragging at all; just excitement. goodvibes:
Thank you!

I don't know if you saw my post, and don't mean to be pushing this, but you and Joshua are more than welcome to drive up with me to WDW.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #463
rentayenta

Quote:
Thank you!

I don't know if you saw my post, and don't mean to be pushing this, but you and Joshua are more than welcome to drive up with me to WDW.

I don't think I saw it. That's so sweet of you. If I finally decide on the WDW portion, I'll take you up on that. Sharing gas and the cost would be great. And the drive. I looked into cars for just the day and they're like $170. For one day. WTH? I also looked into shuttles but they take like 7 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Well....for me, from Canaveral, yes. If it were ME driving from Miami, no. I despise driving so unless it was 3 nights...probably not. But that's ME.
I'm so torn......I really want the day at MK and two night DVC. 4 hours isn;t that bad but the cost, minus the points, would be about $500 extra. I can't decide. I really want to stay at the VWL now.

Quote:
K has a different break schedule so no, but on Jeff it remains to be seen. He should have a work trip to that area and it will depend on how that seminar times, or doesn't, with the school trip.

Gotcha. It's so hard to plan without their schedules.

Quote:
Yah, I need to figure out how many nights. Band trip is only 2 nights, early sat arrival, mon pm departure. I'd rather get there on Sunday but don't want to miss a performance so...we will see. Studio works well if it is just the boys and I, less so if Jeff. LOL!
A Studio would totally work. At 7 months, we found everything open. I have a feeling you'll have good luck if you decide to go.

Quote:
Yes, that was short lived! It was lovely though! Mary Ellen and I did the DxDP for a couple nights on our first trip, it was a fabulous way to work it!

We do have a split stay so can break it up if we want, we will see!

That's great you've got a split, you can stack the $$$ meals on one part if that's what you decide. I wonder why they took that DVC/DDP per day option away? Must have been losing money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We stayed at the lodge in a suite on our first vacation to WDW together. It was magical! I went out to the geyser and watched it go off so many times! I loved it. We took the boat launch to a bunch of places as Fran was still able to walk wherever she wanted on that trip. It was the next one we realized she needed a wheelchair and broke down and got a scooter. When we got home she bought one so we never had to rent again, except we did until we understood the replacement of batteries.

Now we are good with it all and don't need to worry about batteries because we replace them often enough.

I really want to stay there now. I bet your suite was amazing. Any pics?

I didn't have much of an interest in staying there before this after-cruise option came into play. I've been reading the super thread and looking at pics and I think Joshua will love it. And I'll get to cross a new DVC off the list.

I'm glad you bought her a scooter. Much less hassle I hope. I read about so many batteries wearing a down. Do you bring extra on trips? Are they big?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #464
rentayenta

And Pam......

193 days!!!