Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
wee Nemo
Earning My Ears

Weather

Hi,

Sorry if this is on the wrong board. Just wondering what the weather is like in Kissimmee at the mo? (I'm from UK) every weather website is telling me different stories!

I'm due to arrive a week on Wednesday, so any future forecasts would also be appreciated.

X
wee Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
WRWDisney
Mouseketeer

It has been unseasonably rainy and thus cooler than normal this past week. However, the unseasonable part (and weather.com) leads me to think that is ending and it will be in the upper 80's to lower 90's and storm briefly every afternoon when you are here (ie. a more seasonable weather patern.

We are leaving tomorrow, unfortunately. Enjoy when you get in in about 10 days

* 1972 Contemporary * 1982 Tree House Village * 1987 Offsite * 1997 All Star Music * 2000 Coronado * 2004 Offsite * 2005 Disneyland * 2006 Wilderness Lodge * 2007 All Star Sports * 2008 AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder * 2009 POP/AKV * 2009 OKW (Christmas) * 2010 BLT * 2011 Offsite: Sheraton Vistana (Spring Break) * 2011 OKW/BWV * 2012 Offsite: Sheraton Vistana (Spring Break) * 2012 OKW (Christmas) * 2013 Caribbean Beach (Spring Break) * 2013 Sheraton Vistana Villages * 2013 AKV (Christmas) * 2014 Bonnett Creek (Spring Break)
WRWDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Disworldluv
DIS Veteran

Average temps for July are around high 80's through low 90's and humid. Showers and T-storms are very common but usually don't last long. Florida is in the sub-tropics so this weather is very common on a daily basis during the summer months.
Disworldluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Here are the local tv station websites. Www.wesh.com, www.wftv.com & www.local6.com. Use those to look at the forecasts as all are Orlando stations. I will tell you it's hot & humid every day, but the weather can change in minutes here in Florida. Travel safe & enjoy the magic!!

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
wee Nemo
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! All very helpful. We have friends there just now and every photo they send us it's raining
Counting the sleeps till the magic begins
Old 07-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
TrentzMom
Earning My Ears

I live in Virginia...the entire East Coast is getting an unusual amount of rain right now. By the 4th of the month we had already received triple the amount we normally see in July and it's all coming from the south. Now looking at a slow moving cold front coming from the west, so we brace ourselves again for a week of rain.

We always go to Disney in the summer months and have learned to deal with the short showers and thunderstorms...however, I think Florida is having the same rain issue we are having which means more rain than usual. Looks like the front that's moving into Virginia is also going to hit FL next week.
**June 1996 - Contemporary***July 2005 - Off-Site****August 2009 - 10th Anniversary Trip with All the Family @ Saratoga Springs****August 2012 - 13th Anniversary Trip (just the 2 of us) @ All-Star Music****August 2013 - @ All-Star Sports** **December 2013 - Band Trip @ Saratoga Springs (The band stayed at ASMusic)*****August 2014 - 15th Anniversary Trip @ Dolphin******June 2015 - Youth Group Trip @ TBD***

TrentzMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
wee Nemo
Earning My Ears

Aw noooo hope it clears up for the 17th! It rains 365 days a year in Scotland!! Lol kinda sick of it!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Been here for the last week. The temperatures were lovely for me (cooler than normal) but it has rained a lot. I will say that we saw sun every day though

Weather.com has been totally off the mark. I would stick to weather underground (wunderground.com) and even then not more than 18-20 hours out. The forecast changed so much even morning to afternoon for the next day's forecast.

The other thing I just realized is that someone posted the NOAA website today with a notice that two tropical systems are currently forming

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

I've learned my lesson to not look up the weather at Florida before heading on our trip. It changes too often and the major weather channels, not the local channels, always seem to get it wrong. It only stresses me out to look it up before I go. You will get rain. Just know that before you go. The difference is that it is usually a short time of the day. It might be hard showers, but they don't typicallylast a long time. Don't get me wrong, we have experienced stretches of all day rains, but that's not typical. It helps to go in with the mindset knowing that you will experience rain (and heat) at some point in your trip. Don't let the rain sway you. In fact, the parks clear a lot and rides get much shorter when rain comes out. Find a spot (gift shop, show, character meet-n-greet, etc) to ride out heavy rain, and then usually it tapers off soon and the sun is blasting away again. I hope you have a wonderful trip, and I hope the weather cooperates for you!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #10
wee Nemo
Earning My Ears

Aw thanks so much for your kind words
Old 07-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee Nemo View Post
Aw noooo hope it clears up for the 17th! It rains 365 days a year in Scotland!! Lol kinda sick of it!
Well, at least you can probably count on it being a lot warmer than in Scotland!

We were at WDW one year during tropical storm Faye. It poured for days! Glad we had brought 2 pair of shoes for each person. Rain ponchos were our friends. One good thing was it drove most people out of the parks and lines for rides were non-existent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: