Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #856
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne View Post
Hello,

Leaving in 30 days!!!!! Staying at the lion king suites... Excited!!!!!! Do they provide soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels???????
Yes, they provide a small bottle of shampoo/conditioner combo, a bar of bath soap, and a bar of facial soap in each bathroom every day. If you need more, just call housekeeping and they will bring more or leave a note in the room for them. We always needed extra shampoo/conditioner. While I liked the smell of it, it didn't lather up very well and I needed about 1/2 a bottle just to do my hair (and I have a short bob). My daughters have long thick hair and needed almost a whole bottle to do their hair each day. And then there were 3 guys in the room, too.

They also provide towels. The standard in our Lion King room was 8 bath towels, 4 hand towels, and 6 washcloths every day. We used the bath towels at the pool as well so I called and asked for extra bath towels. Some days there were carts of fresh towels by the elevator. I grabbed some extras and stored them in one of the drawers so we had them for the pool throughout the week.

Have fun! We loved our Lion King suite!

Last edited by bluezy; 07-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #857
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hello! Has anyone come across the August outdoor movie schedule for AoA? Thanks in advance
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #858
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hello! Has anyone come across the August outdoor movie schedule for AoA? Thanks in advance
I don't think they release the movie schedule until the month starts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #859
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

We're staying in Cars in Oct, but I haven't put any requests in yet. We will have our car and will likely be driving most of the time. Any recommendations as to which bldg. or anything other specific requests that I should put in? I'm guessing bldg. one or two, but anything else to specify? Does it really matter? We've never stayed at a value before so I really have no idea how the resorts are set up as far as elevators or stairs or anything.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #860
LaurenRenae
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I have the same concerns and we are going in Aug. Some people on here say the walk isn't that bad and others say it's a long walk after a day in the parks. I guess we won't know until we try it! Does anyone in your group have mobility issues? LM rooms might not be a good choice if that is an issue.
It's all subjective. I was not worried about the walk when someone said they timed it at about 7 minutes and we are active with no issues walking. But wow, it is a hike. We were in LM building 7. Asked for a room near the elevator but we were still about halfway down the hallway, with a stroller. You are really not near anything. Parking lot is closest, but forget running to get food. By the time you order and get to your room, half an hour is gone. There are no short cuts anywhere. We needed a solid 15-20 minutes to get to the buses (with a double stroller). And I don't think it was a building choice issue. I think they'd all be about the same. The only way to save time is if you can use the stairs and get an end room.

I'm glad we experienced it for our first resort stay, but we won't stay again. My red-headed Ariel-loving five year old liked the room theme on first glance, but after day one, she could care less. We'll probably try a value resort when there's a discount next time. Maybe POP so we can walk over and take pics with the giant statues, which seemed to be the best part of the resort. Oh, but for all the complaints about the bathroom fan, it actually never bothered us!
LaurenRenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #861
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradesintherain
We just booked a room at the Lion King suites for August 9-17! Very last minute, but I am so excited. The Lion King may be my all-time favorite movie. The buildings all seem pretty close to everything, but are there any building/room requests to make?
We had room 6610. It was lake view but had a great view of Pop Century! We were maybe 3 doors down from the stairwell closest to the big blue pool, landscape of flavors etc.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #862
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post

Yes, they provide a small bottle of shampoo/conditioner combo, a bar of bath soap, and a bar of facial soap in each bathroom every day. If you need more, just call housekeeping and they will bring more or leave a note in the room for them. We always needed extra shampoo/conditioner. While I liked the smell of it, it didn't lather up very well and I needed about 1/2 a bottle just to do my hair (and I have a short bob). My daughters have long thick hair and needed almost a whole bottle to do their hair each day. And then there were 3 guys in the room, too.

They also provide towels. The standard in our Lion King room was 8 bath towels, 4 hand towels, and 6 washcloths every day. We used the bath towels at the pool as well so I called and asked for extra bath towels. Some days there were carts of fresh towels by the elevator. I grabbed some extras and stored them in one of the drawers so we had them for the pool throughout the week.

Have fun! We loved our Lion King suite!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #863
CutiePie516
Earning My Ears

What theme park is AoA closest to? Just curious...
CutiePie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #864
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

2014 AAA Rates

Has anybody had any luck calling in and receiving a AAA discount on their AoA bookings for 2014?

Specifically, the LM room?

Read many reports here that others were able to call yesterday & today to adjust their 2014 rates. when I called was told the AAA rates aren't out yet. tomorrow i'll call again lol.

I seem to recall reading posts here 'somewhere' that there was a 5% discount offered for the LM rooms last year, but don't really recall the details or whether there were blackout dates, etc

Did any of the regulars on this thread receive a AAA discount last year for their LM room?

TIA

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #865
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
Has anybody had any luck calling in and receiving a AAA discount on their AoA bookings for 2014?

Specifically, the LM room?

Read many reports here that others were able to call yesterday & today to adjust their 2014 rates. when I called was told the AAA rates aren't out yet. tomorrow i'll call again lol.

I seem to recall reading posts here 'somewhere' that there was a 5% discount offered for the LM rooms last year, but don't really recall the details or whether there were blackout dates, etc

Did any of the regulars on this thread receive a AAA discount last year for their LM room?

TIA
I was told by a CM yesterday that LM does not offer AAA discounts. I have also read that others have gotten one. I really wish I knew what is correct. We are staying there next year and would love the AAA discount.

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #866
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
I was told by a CM yesterday that LM does not offer AAA discounts. I have also read that others have gotten one. I really wish I knew what is correct. We are staying there next year and would love the AAA discount.
I wish everybody good luck in getting good rates, but it's frustrating how they roll out the AAA rates. I only need one night but two rooms.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #867
tnt9498
Ah yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie516 View Post
Wow
Just got back from AOA. We order an anniversary cake to be delivered to our room. Worked out great. The next day however we walked in on housekeeping and she appeared to have a mouth full of something. I had plenty of other snacks in the room for our family of 4, but the cake appeared to have fork marks in it. I know it wasn't from my boys. They are older teens and neither really like cake. I tossed what was left of it, but didn't realize until we were on the way home the wedding figures I purchased and placed on the cake were missing. Really disappointing. I hate to complain, but I guess I really should call and report it.

LM rooms were cute. I didn't mind the walk, but it is a good distance. Still worth it. The rest of the trip was awesome!

1979~Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
1983~Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
1989~Disney Inn
1999~Westgate Lakes
2002~All-Star Movies
2008~Pop Century
2013~Art of Animation
tnt9498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #868
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

I am staying at AOA in Aug/Sept 2013 in a little mermaid room. Everyone seems to complain about the walk to the food court and buses, but does anybody have an accurate time of how long it takes to walk there from these rooms??
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #869
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
We were not able to get a AAA discount on the LM room for our stay. I have never heard of someone who has gotten to do that. I wish there was a discount, then we could rent a car! I think if they aren't going to have fridges for a while there should be a little discount for everyone We had planned to do a grocery delivery, but there would be no point without a fridge. It will make things tough.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #870
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamorgan View Post
I am staying at AOA in Aug/Sept 2013 in a little mermaid room. Everyone seems to complain about the walk to the food court and buses, but does anybody have an accurate time of how long it takes to walk there from these rooms??
I am reading a trip report of a family who stayed there and he timed it and said walking with his kids it took about 8-10 minutes to get to the front going through the food court area (and they were in the farthest building). He said he could get to the front without his kids walking (going on the path that wraps around the front and doesn't go through the lobby/food court area) in about 5 minutes.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: