Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
katyj26
Mouseketeer

Which Club Level?

We are planning our annual girls trip and trying to decide between Club Level resorts. We know we want to be near DHS and EPCOT so Boardwalk CL or Yacht Club or Beach Club CL?
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

katyj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
RebelSoul
Mouseketeer

I have the exact same question. Of the three resorts, does one have something that makes their CL better than the others?
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

I've stayed at YC CL many times, and have enjoyed it every time. I find the decor at YC very relaxing after a busy day in the parks. My whole family loves SAB, so that's another plus.

In five weeks I am doing a split stay between BWI CL and BC CL. Both will be new to us. I'll be reporting about the experience when I get back, and part of that will be comparing all three.
Kim1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Stayed at both at YC Club level & BWI Club level. Love them both. But I prefer the BWI Club level due to the CM's. You can't go wrong with either one. No idea about BC as I haven't tried it.
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

We've stayed BC Club Level and BWI Club Level......we like BWI way more!! I also liked the general atmosphere of BWI for adults anyway.

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, WDW AKL Concierge Nov 2013, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
penel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

I don't think you could go wrong with either resort however, I'm a BC cheerleader. The decor, access to EPCOT...I don't know how any resort can top SAB. That alone is worth a BC/YC stay.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
WDWgirl413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

There's lots of information available on the Conscierge/Club Level Thread located here...
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959196

If you're strictly looking for opinions, mine would be BWI slightly edging out BC, only for it's size. BWI's lounge is much bigger, and location wise, it's just as close to Epcot as BC, and it's closer to DHS if you're planning on walking.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

We loved the BCR CL on our last trip. And it's the closest to Epcot. Just strictly my own opinion - the BWI doesn't appeal to us. We aren't that crazy about the Boardwalk itself and that would be my last pick for a resort. I'm sure it's great. The theming and location just aren't for me.

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've stayed at all 3 and rank them BWI, YC and then BC. BC has been my least favorite at WDW.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
eablib
Earning My Ears

My family and I have stayed at BC Club level in August 12 and January 13.

On BC: We love the pool, theme, Beaches and Cream, CMs, but most of all the location. Being within walking distance of our favorite parks - both Epcot and HS - has meant that at peak times we don't need to rely on Disney transportation.

On CL: I would give it a 8/10

Pros: CMs, breakfast, evening sweets/alcohol, comfortable seating

Cons: size of room itself (at about 9am and 5pm - it can be hard to find a seat/table), and of course the coffee is awful.

Overall, CL at Beach Club is great. I love being able to get something quick for breakfast, get a NY Times, and read a paper whist queuing at International Gateway waiting for Epcot to open!

Enjoy!

(Phew, first comment over!)
eablib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
But I prefer the BWI Club level due to the CM's.
Ditto this! The CMs at Bwalk are amazing! So personable and helpful and just over the top Disney! Have stayed at GF and CR and found B'walk to be head and shoulders above them!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
gogo
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at all three. BWI CL the last two years, previous to that we stayed at BC CL and it has been many years since stayed at the YC cl. Out of these three I'd choose BWI CL.

I think the lounge feels more adult-oriented. This could be a plus or minus depending on your travelling party. The food presentations were displayed beautifully and the food was very good. I agree with the others about the friendly and helpful cm's. The decor was lovely!

BWI has a great location to walk to Epcot, YC & BC, Hollywood Studios and the shops and restaurants on the boardwalk. There always seemed to be activity without being noisy or intrusive.

I really didn't care for the BC club level. The lounge seemed very small and crowded and I wasn't impressed with the food offerings.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
RebelSoul
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input everyone, very appreciated. We decided to stay YC CL for the first 5 nights of our Spring 2014 trip. We think it would be fun to celebrate DH's birthday with some CL nights. After the YC CL, we'll switch to AKL on our DVC points for the remaining 7 nights, which we already have booked. We have some friends joining us that week, so it makes sense to do the CL at the beginning of the trip while we are by ourselves.

We're doing a week long cruise in the Spring of 2015 out of Ft Lauderdale. After the cruise, we'll be spending 7 nights at WDW. We'll probably try a split stay of WL CL and AK CL for that trip. Then in the Fall of 2015, for F&W we'll try BC and BW CL. After that, who knows. We'd like to try CL at all the resorts at some point over the next few years.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eablib View Post
My family and I have stayed at BC Club level in August 12 and January 13.

On BC: We love the pool, theme, Beaches and Cream, CMs, but most of all the location. Being within walking distance of our favorite parks - both Epcot and HS - has meant that at peak times we don't need to rely on Disney transportation.

On CL: I would give it a 8/10

Pros: CMs, breakfast, evening sweets/alcohol, comfortable seating

Cons: size of room itself (at about 9am and 5pm - it can be hard to find a seat/table), and of course the coffee is awful.

Overall, CL at Beach Club is great. I love being able to get something quick for breakfast, get a NY Times, and read a paper whist queuing at International Gateway waiting for Epcot to open!

Enjoy!

(Phew, first comment over!)
Nicely done

Welcome to the fun!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We've stayed CL at GF (main building), Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club.

Yacht Club is our favorite. CMs are terrific, food offerings are pretty decent and we love everything about the Epcot resort area.

I would rank GF and AK next. Then, BC and WL.

Last place goes to Boardwalk. We were totally not impressed with the CMs there. Food and wine offerings were unappealing, to say the least.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: