Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #1831
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post

No, you cannot apply AP discounts but the rental rates are already a large savings over rack rates direct through Disney.

It is common to have to pay it all up front. However, DVC Rental Store allows you to pay $8.00 per point up front and the balance (other $6.00 per point) 45 days prior to arrival.

Yes, in most rental agreements all sales are final. Trip insurance is recommended to cover yourself.
Thanks so much for the info! From what I can tell, the AP discount would still save us close to $1000 over renting points from that site. It WOULD save some of the hassle, but I'm not sure if that's worth $1000
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #1832
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Can anyone give me a basic run down of the daytime pool activities at CR and BLT pools?

I'm not a lounge around the pool guy, but we have 1 full pool day planned (got a cabana for the day).

I'm looking forward to what the activities CMs do with the pool guests on most days.

thx!
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #1833
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post
Can anyone give me a basic run down of the daytime pool activities at CR and BLT pools?

I'm not a lounge around the pool guy, but we have 1 full pool day planned (got a cabana for the day).

I'm looking forward to what the activities CMs do with the pool guests on most days.

thx!
There is a link in post 11 of this thread. I tried to link it for you, but my iPad doesn't want me to, lol!
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1834
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
There is a link in post 11 of this thread. I tried to link it for you, but my iPad doesn't want me to, lol!
Awesome!!! exactly what I was looking for....thank you
Old 07-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #1835
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Getting Ready to Book!

I need some help, please. I plan on booking my May 2014 vacation on July 10th. YAY! So soon! ;-)

I would like a 1st floor Garden Wing room, close to the Tower, preferably facing the pool/bay.

1)is this request "bookable"?
2)is it more expensive than a standard/parking lot view?

How specific can I get when booking a room? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

More than anything, I want to just be sure we get a 1st floor room. A glass of wine on the patio (even if shared with neighbors) after the kids go to bed would be lovely! :-)
Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #1836
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomChristine View Post
I need some help, please. I plan on booking my May 2014 vacation on July 10th. YAY! So soon! ;-)

I would like a 1st floor Garden Wing room, close to the Tower, preferably facing the pool/bay.

How specific can I get when booking a room? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

More than anything, I want to just be sure we get a 1st floor room. A glass of wine on the patio (even if shared with neighbors) after the kids go to bed would be lovely! :-)
How exciting!! Yes, those are requests which can be added to our reservation and yes, it would be a higher rate garden view rather than a parking lot/std view.

Remember: not more than three request and always in order of which is most important to you.

1. First floor
2. Close to Tower
3. Pool or Bay view

Be sure to ask at check in if they were able to honor any of your requests - if not, try not to be discouraged and nicely ask if they could try to find a room that will meet all or some of your requests and let them know you are willing to wait until it is ready. Also, if staying several nights it might be worth asking if a room that meets your requests would be available the next day. It means moving, but could be a way to get exactly what you hoped for in room location etc.

Good luck and happy planning!!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #1837
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #1838
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post

thx!
In addition to the recreational activities listed in Posts 10 and 11, the monthly resort activity calendar is hyperlinked in Post #1 and it includes all daily activities, currently for July. I think this may be what you're looking for?

Quote:

Your request is only bookable insofar as you would need to book a Garden View room and request the following:

~Ground Floor
~Facing Bay Lake or the pool

Rooms face one or the other, but not both. Rooms that face the pool will have a Bay Lake view off to the right, but they won't front Bay Lake and front the pool. The only other Garden view is of the canal/trees. I have photos on the first page of both a Bay Lake and canal view-facing GW room. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #1839
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

One more question - for the Garden Wing rooms facing the Bay...about how far is that walk to the Tower? It doesn't seem all that far, but I'm just curious. I'll be pushing a double stroller. :-)
Old 07-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #1840
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just wanted to add a couple of thoughts. These rooms go fast! So book as soon as you know your dates. Also we love the bottom floor, having a patio and grass area but I think there isn't very many of us. Most people, to me, always request a higher floor so I think you will get one but request first for sure. Also let me reiterate make your request in the order of importance and then when you check in if you don't get them, make sure there isn't a room that meet your request. Love the Poly but they always tried putting me on a higher floor probably cause that's what most people wanted so I would ask and they would be like "oh yea we have some bottom floors".

I think you will love the CR wings we use to stay there all the time but after the North Wing got torn down and DD got older and busier they were always gone by the time we knew when we wanted to go.
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #1841
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW

Question About Renting Points

Just curious, I am holding a cash reservation, but would love to be able to rent points instead for the savings.

I have tried multiple times to request availability through the DVC Rental Store and David's and I immediately get an email back that nothing is available (we are going over Thanksgiving).
My question is whether it is still worth checking? Does anything ever open up? I was wondering now that GFV are taking reservations maybe people are switching over.

Thanks for any info!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #1842
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One more question - for the Garden Wing rooms facing the Bay...about how far is that walk to the Tower? It doesn't seem all that far, but I'm just curious. I'll be pushing a double stroller. :-)
Curious too...I think I saw that it's like 10 min. walk to MK? Or is it more like 12+ from those at the end of GW?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #1843
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Curious too...I think I saw that it's like 10 min. walk to MK? Or is it more like 12+ from those at the end of GW?
The furthest GW room maybe adds a minute to your walk to the Tower. There are exits on each side of the GW. So if you are facing Bay Lake or the pool, for example, there is a door that is directly in front of the pool with a path to the Tower/pool/walkway. The closest GW room to the Tower has a door that is where the covered walkway is, so it's perhaps one minute closer.

This is the GW path to the Tower with the covered walkway in the distance:

Courtesy of cburek
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #1844
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
If you are all the way down near the end it will be a bit of a walk to the MK - if you look at the map of the area including CR and walk to MK you can see it is more than a couple of minutes even to the Tower. It will depend on your family and how quickly you walk - from the end it could be a good 10+ minute walk to the MK entrance. Anyone who says it is less has not walked it completely, especially with young children.

DisneyMomChristine - I should have been clearer. KOOK is correct in that the clear view of the lake would be farther down toward the end of wing or the very end. We could see some of the lake straight ahead from our patio close to the tower - being optimists we considered it a view of both. .

In all honesty, it is a toss up for us...be at the at end with a lake view (some views will be of the canal) and have the longer walk to the tower, or be closer to the tower and have a very easy walk to the elevators/escalators and up to the shops/restaurants and then monorail. If a patio is most important then I would make that my only request.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #1845
Chm635
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

Chm635 Its been a while since we have stayed in one...but I am pretty sure that the room number for a room with a king bed ends with 13..so if you were for examble on the 10th floor the room number would be 4613..every room in the CR tower starts with a 4..and added with the next number gives you the floor..46 equals 10 and so forth...

HTH...
Thank you, wonder if I can make the request for room number ending in 13?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: