Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #3511
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
No worries. As of last week we didn't know exact start date but I'm thinking January. And when the actual lounge is under construction, the lounge is relocated into the Presidential Suite which is super large and beautiful. It would not adversely affect your experience at all. In fact, it might make it nicer.

All Disney resorts are rehabbed on a schedule. Most of the time you don't even know it is going on. They do a small section of rooms at a time and all noise work is done during the day when people are at the park or in the pool.
Thanks Teena, thats good news .
Having the CL in the presidential suite would be nice too.
At least when we go in a few weeks, it will be the normal BC CL lounge........that way when we get sprinkled with pixie dust , the presidential suite will be ready for us, lol

Thanks for the updates !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......

Last edited by Syndrome; 07-06-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #3512
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
My husband and I just returned from a short Vegas trip. There were signs all over the pool saying that staff would remove towels from chairs that had been unoccupied for an hour or more---I told dh that they should implement this at SAB
Take a page from Ninja Mom, when she sees unoccupied chairs with only pool towels, no personal items, she takes the chairs and relocates them

Sadly there are rude people who just leave the pool with the towels on the chairs, and can't be bothered to put towels in return bins so others can have the chairs.

So any chair with no personal items, flip flops etc is fair game.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #3513
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post

DH and I commandeered chairs at SAB on July 4. Not one of my prouder moments, but we had looked for a chair (for our family of 3) for 35 minutes and finally just threw our stuff in the bushes. We swam in the area around our stuff for 45 minutes and when nobody came back to their chairs with nothing but a resort pool towel on them, well... we moved in.
Very 007 !!!!!

I may take your advice
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #3514
vyrg
Lilipépite

Supermarket

Hi

We're going to YC in august, 5th. We come from France and we are not going to rent a car but we'd like to go in an american supermarket. It's very different , for sure than in France. But we don't know where the nearest Walmart or another shop ? How can we go ? In taxi is it very expensive or by Bus ?

After WDW , we are going to Hard Rock Hotel. Is it easier ?

Thank you very much to help me
Old 07-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #3515
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

I've been updating DH & DS11 about all my reading on the DISboards. We are in full "Disney mode"- took out luggage today to start packing those odds & ends. I told them about the SAB lounge chair hoarders. DS who has the memory of an elephant said the "family of the day doesn't have to worry about that". That got me thinking... How are they picked? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #3516
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Omg this happened to us! We only need one lounge for the 5 of us because we're swimming! But my husband and I would need a place to set up base, to rest, etc. and often times there would be neatly folded towels on entire rows of loungers. I would give Mr. Towel an hour then move in.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #3517
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
Hi

We're going to YC in august, 5th. We come from France and we are not going to rent a car but we'd like to go in an american supermarket. It's very different , for sure than in France. But we don't know where the nearest Walmart or another shop ? How can we go ? In taxi is it very expensive or by Bus ?

You could hire a car service to take you from the airport to the resort. Most of them include a grocery stop in the cost.

Taxi would also be an option. We have not hired one from YC/BC but I would assume it would be less than $25 each way. There are WalMarts and Publix close to property.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #3518
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi

We go to the Publix supermarket on Vinland. It would maybe be cheaper to get the taxi from Downtown Disney. There is a small grocery store close to DTD off of Palm Parkway called Goodings, but it is expensive.
Teens has mentioned a few posts back about a Super Target close to Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #3519
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi

How are you getting to the Hard Rock from the Yacht Club?

If you are using a taxi or a car service to get there, you could ask to stop at a supermarket. Do you want to buy food for your trip or do you mostly want to look around? There are no refrigerators to use to keep food cool once you get to the Hard Rock. They only have the refrigerators that are already full of way overpriced snacks and drinks and you can't put your own stuff in there.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #3520
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikifan View Post
Natebenma, you are welcome to post my report however you'd like. I wrote just one the other day and then my computer "dipped' and I lost it all so I was trying to spit out what I could as fast as possible yesterday We've stayed at the BC before as well as SW, Dolphin, BWI, and BWV and this is the first time we've had any complaints about the bus service. To be honest, I love the BC so much I feel a little bad saying anything negative, but wanted to give our observations. Thank you for reading!
Thank you so much. I'll link the review.

I'm glad that you love the BC, like many of us do. We appreciate you writing your experiences, good and bad. It is sad when parts of the trip are disappointing, but we don't want anyone white-washing any problems they have had.

So sorry you lost what you originally wrote! I hate that! I have had a couple of long posts disappear on occasion- don't even get me started on the annoying track pad that is supposed to replace my computer mouse. I keep touching it accidentally and things I write go away.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #3521
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
Thank you! I didn't know most of that! Are the fast pass machines still the same or are those RFID enabled now too?

Also, related to fast passes -- is it two or three hours before you can get another one? I've forgotten. Thanks!
Two hours. If the FP window opens sooner than the two hours, then you get get a FP when it opens.

Pull FP for Space Mtn at 9 am. Ride window is from 10 am to 11 am. Then I believe you can get another FP at 10 am. Does it still work that way, folks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
I've been updating DH & DS11 about all my reading on the DISboards. We are in full "Disney mode"- took out luggage today to start packing those odds & ends. I told them about the SAB lounge chair hoarders. DS who has the memory of an elephant said the "family of the day doesn't have to worry about that". That got me thinking... How are they picked? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Now, there are resort families of the day (at both BC and YC) and there are also SAB families of the day. Not sure how either are chosen, or if it is even every day, but I think the SAB family of the day would be one of the first families to get to the pool when it opens.

I know the SAB family of the day does get loungers in a special area. Not sure what the perks of the resort family of the day are but I seem to recall that someone from the resort will drive them where they want to go.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #3522
Cottager
Hooked on Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not sure how either are chosen, or if it is even every day, but I think the SAB family of the day would be one of the first families to get to the pool when it opens.
When we were the SAB family of the day this past January, we happened to be the first people standing in line waiting to get in. They put a family of the day banner on the back of our chairs but nothing else done that was special....just so called reserved seating.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #3523
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottager View Post

When we were the SAB family of the day this past January, we happened to be the first people standing in line waiting to get in. They put a family of the day banner on the back of our chairs but nothing else done that was special....just so called reserved seating.
They should have brought all of the adults a Sunken Treasure
Old 07-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #3524
jrw118
Mouseketeer

We are staying at beach club standard rooms as a family of 6 in 2 rooms 8/21-8/27. Room 1 me,DH,ds(8),ds(5). Room 2 my aunt and my sister (for only part of the trip). I want to do online check in. Travel agent has already added adjoining rooms to the reservation. Online checkin is allowing me to put 2 choices for requests. We would like full balconies. What should be the other request if we would like to see something of a view or maybe fireworks? We will be utilizing SAB daily (afternoon) hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We will also be arriving at the resort around 11 am.
Aug 23-Aug 29 2012 AKV Kidani Savanna
Aug 21- Aug 27 2013 Beach Club
Old 07-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #3525
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post

DH and I commandeered chairs at SAB on July 4. Not one of my prouder moments, but we had looked for a chair (for our family of 3) for 35 minutes and finally just threw our stuff in the bushes. We swam in the area around our stuff for 45 minutes and when nobody came back to their chairs with nothing but a resort pool towel on them, well... we moved in.
Good for you!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: