Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #31
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieprincess72 View Post
Easy! I vote longer stay at POR- although the convenience of CR is unbeatable, I personally do not care for the theming or the "vibe" of the resort and I just don't find that it has as much of that Disney "charm" that I love I'm staying at POR for the first time in October and I couldn't be more excited- it looks like a very beautiful, relaxing resort. Plus more time in Disney is always a good thing
You will love Riverside. We have stayed there twice with no complaints at all. Don't miss Yee Haw Bob!

It's the beauty of Riveride vs. the convenience of CR for me. Still torn...

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
You will love Riverside. We have stayed there twice with no complaints at all. Don't miss Yee Haw Bob!

It's the beauty of Riveride vs. the convenience of CR for me. Still torn...
I think if you can put yourself in the state of mind on your last day, about to leave the CR, and think you could of had another 5 days there, the choice would be simple
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #33
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Here is how I look at it, you MIGHT save 2-3 hours total in travel time staying at CR. 2 to 3 hours versus 5 days, I do not think I would have to think long about which one With everything going on during our normal busy lives that we do not get enough family time, so I actually like spending the whole time with my family.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH

Last edited by buzznina; 07-06-2013 at 11:12 PM.
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #34
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Kellenberger
I have also been spoiled by deluxe. HOWEVER , the difference you said is HUGE for vacation, so I would absolutely choose POR for a longer stay.

Agree!
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #35
cannmom
Mouseketeer

I would definitely pick the longer stay at POR. We have stayed there twice and it's a great resort. Our last visit we went to the afternoon pool party. It was tons of fun. The recreation staff was great. The Yeehaw Bob show is also really fun.

I don't think the bus rides are long from POR. You have to bus to 2 parks from the CR also. If you are going to be spending a lot of time in the monorail area eating at resorts staying at the CR probably would be more convenient. We do most of our dining in the parks rather than resorts.

Only you know if you are going to miss staying Deluxe enough to go with a shorter trip. We have stayed Deluxe but to be honest we enjoy the mods as much. I love the short walk back to our BC room from Epcot but not enough to spend the extra money always.

POFQ 9/2008, POFQ 12/2009, BC 11/2010, POR 1/2012
cannmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #36
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Another vote for POR. POR is our favorite resort and you will not be disappointed in the "quality". The boat to DTD is a great option since bussing to DTD can be so frustrating. And once you get on a bus to MK, the drive is less than 10 minutes. MK is the closest park to POR. We also love the food court there, and love how spread out it is - at times we felt like the only ones at the resort!

If your alternative was CR or an All Star resort, my opinion might change. Nothing wrong with the All Stars but IMO, there is not as big of a jump from mod to deluxe so you won't be missing too much.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #37
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
DH and I recently had a similar situation..

We had been debating on a deluxe or split stay between CSR and POR.

As we decided this is a more relaxed stay we felt 10 nights at a moderate , POR would be better for our trip and touring style. While CR has the advantage of the monorail I think staying for only that convience would be a deal braker for me. As we will not be back for a long time a longer trip more days is much more important for us.

I can definitely see the pros of being on the monorail line also.

It is most definitely a personal choice based on what your trip needs and wants are. I'm always in the boat of more days is better , though if I had young children or limited time that convience may be a bigger factor.

I looked at youtube videos of the resorts and this greatly helped us confirm our choice.
Time is probably going to be a factor, and we plan on visiting the monorail restaurants frequently, so CR is the front runner for us. I was able to re-work the numbers and cut some corners, so it looks like we may be able to extend our stay to 10 days. That may have made our decision a little easier......hopefully!

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: