Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
bell.of.the.ball
DIS Veteran

Adding a person when you check in?

When I booked my trip I did not plan in my son coming but now he is. He has a seasonal pass so does not need tickets. Can I add him on when I get there. Will there be an issue about getting him a parking pass for his car. I am flying down so I would not be using a parking pass for myself?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

As long as adding him doesn't push you over the room occupancy you should be absolutely fine.

Just know that if he becomes the 3rd adult in the room, you will be charged for him.

Why not just call & have him added before hand?

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
bell.of.the.ball
DIS Veteran

I spoke to my agent and she said he would need the same ticket we had and he will not need one.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball View Post
When I booked my trip I did not plan in my son coming but now he is. He has a seasonal pass so does not need tickets. Can I add him on when I get there. Will there be an issue about getting him a parking pass for his car. I am flying down so I would not be using a parking pass for myself?
You can definitely add him when you arrive, as long as you do not go over the room occupancy.

You can add him for whatever nights he will be staying. If he is the third adult, you will be charged the extra adult charge depending on what resort level you are staying at.

It is definitely easier to add him when you arrive, since it sounds like you have a package and he doesn't need tickets, so you don't want to add him ahead of time, so he would have to be on the same package as you are.

And he can definitely have the parking pass, since he will be a guest at the resort.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
As long as adding him doesn't push you over the room occupancy you should be absolutely fine.

Just know that if he becomes the 3rd adult in the room, you will be charged for him.

Why not just call & have him added before hand?
It sounds like she has a package, since she mentioned he already had a ticket. You have to read between the lines sometimes to gauge the entire situation.

If she added him now, he would have to be on the same package. Therefore, it is best to wait until she arrives.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Keep in mind, if you are using a dining plan, unless you add him ahead of time (and that includes buying tickets), you will NOT get any DDP points for him to use.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
VelvetGloves
Breadstick Fairy>
Enjoys sitting back and watching the Tag Fairy debate, popcorn anyone?
Bob Dole Loves You!

When we've had people join after initial reservation, we have always just added them at check-in. However, last October, I decided to join my parents on their trip. Since they were flying from Pennsylvania, I was going to make the trip solo from South Carolina. As such, we also weren't 100% sure that I would go until it actually happened. (I was nervous about the drive.)

Anyway, when we checked in, it was at Port Orleans French Quarter. Because there was a convention, they had done a complimentary upgrade to for my parents to a King size room, even though they booked one with two beds. It took quite some time to get everything situated because of the room situation. They had no rooms available with two beds, so they moved us to Riverside. The whole affair took close to an hour. I can't fault Disney, as they didn't know I was coming, but it made our night even longer.

Regardless, we had fun. Just keep that in mind if you're staying at a resort that could be close to full.

VelvetGloves
Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball View Post
I spoke to my agent and she said he would need the same ticket we had and he will not need one.
Gotcha!

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: