Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #3376
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
But, at this point, if I change to a standard room, won't I get charged more because of the ticket price increase?
Just changing from one category room to a different category should not cause you to pay more. It should save you some money since Preferred pool view is the highest room rate and standard is the lowest. They shouldn't have to change anything about your package other than the room category.
Disboard friends please correct me if I am wrong.
If you are within 45 days of check in, there may be a change fee.
When you booked your trip was Preferred Pool View all that was available or did you have a choice?

Just call and ask and let us know what they say

Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #3377
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3

Just changing from one category room to a different category should not cause you to pay more. It should save you some money since Preferred pool view is the highest room rate and standard is the lowest. They shouldn't have to change anything about your package other than the room category.
When you booked your trip was Preferred Pool View all that was available or did you have a choice?

I looked at my reservation again and I'm in a standard pool room not preferred....so I think I'm good!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #3378
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post

In a similar boat myself. I will be making an upgrade to my reservation so I had called to ask this same question. I was told that anything under 15 days would have a fee (not sure if she said it was 15 dollars or so) and no changes at all made 3 days prior to reservation.

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #3379
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

There is a Boat that you can take from Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness?? Wow, I had no idea! You guys are awesome, always learning something new here. Does anyone know if it makes any other stops??

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 07-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #3380
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose
There is a Boat that you can take from Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness?? Wow, I had no idea! You guys are awesome, always learning something new here. Does anyone know if it makes any other stops??
Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are the stops for that one. There is also one that goes to Grand Floridian and the Polynesian.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #3381
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

Am I allowed to take a small dorm freezer to freeze our water bottles and ice packs?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #3382
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

First time staying at POP....

First time staying at POP this September.....please tell me some of the best things to do around the resort....
Old 07-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #3383
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Stayed at POP for a quick trip last Thurs-Sun... LOVED it!! I found the atmosphere a little more hip than the All Stars. Loved the CMs doing the Hustle at the food court!

Loooooved the turkey sandwhich!! Turkey, mashed potatos, corn bread, stuffing and cranberry. Yummm!!

Having the lake was excellent and a nice place to go walking. We crossed over to AoA to check it out.Proximity to Epcot, DTD and TL was excellent! I think I may be abandoning the All Stars for POP more often.

I got lucky and for the cost of a Standard got a Preferred. Never had to wait long for the bus. All in all, awesome pre-b-day trip!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #3384
pixidust1976
So Thankful

Motion Sensor A/C

I have read about the A/C units shutting off overnight because they run on motion sensors and don't detect any motion and therefore don't produce any cold air.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!!?! Has anyone had this happen recently? This will instantly ruin my entire vacation if this is how it is at Pop.

My DH needs the room to be cool at night in order to sleep and if it isn't cool so he can sleep, I might as well forget about taking him to the parks because he will be crankier than the children.

Lifelong Disney fan (from inside the womb) passing the Disney magic on to my young!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #3385
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidust1976 View Post
I have read about the A/C units shutting off overnight because they run on motion sensors and don't detect any motion and therefore don't produce any cold air.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!!?! Has anyone had this happen recently? This will instantly ruin my entire vacation if this is how it is at Pop.

My DH needs the room to be cool at night in order to sleep and if it isn't cool so he can sleep, I might as well forget about taking him to the parks because he will be crankier than the children.
That was a problem a few years ago, not so much anymore.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #3386
pixidust1976
So Thankful

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
That was a problem a few years ago, not so much anymore.
Oh thank goodness!!! We stayed at All Star Music a few years ago (three years exactly) and we would have stayed there again except they are closing one of the All Star resorts cafeteria's for refurb and we didn't want to have to deal with ASMu absorbing all the people from that resort... so we are going to try Pop. It would RUIN this resort for my family if we sweat all night long!

Lifelong Disney fan (from inside the womb) passing the Disney magic on to my young!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #3387
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidust1976

Oh thank goodness!!! We stayed at All Star Music a few years ago (three years exactly) and we would have stayed there again except they are closing one of the All Star resorts cafeteria's for refurb and we didn't want to have to deal with ASMu absorbing all the people from that resort... so we are going to try Pop. It would RUIN this resort for my family if we sweat all night long!
I just stayed at POP in December and I was able to keep the fan running all night so I'm sure you can keep the AC on too. I needed the noise to sleep more than the cold, but it worked for me!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #3388
BigCatEars
Earning My Ears

What's the kiddie pool like @ pop? Is there a splash area?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #3389
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

The Kiddie Pool is basically a wading pool / splash area with small fountains.

Photo from this easywdw report:

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #3390
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are the stops for that one. There is also one that goes to Grand Floridian and the Polynesian.
Cool Beans

9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: