Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #3496
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
Hello! Two things -- one board related, one not!

It would be great to have a post about how to watch fireworks from BC/YC. I've read a couple of posts about it but didn't take notes. Lots of rereading to go back and do now....

Also, you have a 7 AMish flight from NH -- assuming it's a direct flight, about when do you get to BC/YC? We have a 6:40 AM (it seemed like a good idea at the time!) direct flight out of Providence, so I'm guessing its about the same amount of flight time. I booked a 1:05 ADR at MK and now I'm a bit nervous! Thanks so much!
1) I have this info in Post #14 (Other Useful Info)

Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

Couchy watched fireworks from Hollywood Studios from the beach by looking towards the Boardwalk, but that was on the 4th of July, so I think that was a special display. I don't think you can normally see the Fantasmic fireworks from the BC/YC.

Or am I wrong?

Another recent poster saw a special fireworks display from their room- but this was part of a special party that was on the beach.

2) Our flight leaves Manchester at 7 am and is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:05. We actually won't be heading directly to the Beach Club. We have a little detour to the Dark Side first. We arrive at the BC a few days later (Tuesday)

Probably a 3 hour flight for you, too. Say you land at 10 am at the latest.

Are you using ME? I would give it an hour and a half to arrive at the resort. Could be less, but I think that is a good estimate. Fairly conservatively, your arrival will be around 11:30. Say half an hour to checkin, hopefully get into your room if it is ready or if not, store your stuff with Bell Services. It's noon. Get on a bus- you should be able to make your ADR, but you won't have a whole lot of time to spare.

With a car- the trip to the resort will be quicker (probably under an hour). I still recommend you take a bus to MK because with a car you will have to park at the TTC and either take the monorail or ferry to the park. The bus will let you off at the main gate.

Is this an ADR with credit card penalty? You may want to bump the reservation back to 1:30 if you can.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #3497
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Wait........what ? I didnt hear anything about the CL lounge getting refurbed at BC. When is this going to take place ?
We will be at BC in a few weeks, staying in a deluxe CL room , and I am hoping that the CL will not be under construction ????
Does anyone have any details on this ?

Thanks !
Syndrome
Not imminent. You are safe. For now.

ETA: back! I don't think you have posted here lately.

Last edited by natebenma; 07-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #3498
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post

Hello! Two things -- one board related, one not!

It would be great to have a post about how to watch fireworks from BC/YC. I've read a couple of posts about it but didn't take notes. Lots of rereading to go back and do now....

Also, you have a 7 AMish flight from NH -- assuming it's a direct flight, about when do you get to BC/YC? We have a 6:40 AM (it seemed like a good idea at the time!) direct flight out of Providence, so I'm guessing its about the same amount of flight time. I booked a 1:05 ADR at MK and now I'm a bit nervous! Thanks so much!
1. I'd think the best place to watch fireworks at BC/YC would be on the beach. You also get a good view from the BoardWalk itself. Keep in mind you'll only see the higher fireworks and you won't hear the music.

2. From Providence, I'd expect a 2 3/4 hour flight putting you at MCO at about 9:30. Plan on getting to BC about 90 min later, so 11:00 AM. That gives you 2 hours to check-in and get to MK. You should be fine. You could do online check-in to expedite the process! Good luck!

Quote:

Wait........what ? I didnt hear anything about the CL lounge getting refurbed at BC. When is this going to take place ?
We will be at BC in a few weeks, staying in a deluxe CL room , and I am hoping that the CL will not be under construction ????

Thanks !
Syndrome
I don't think this is scheduled until next year. And even so, I'm sure CL wouldn't be a disaster zone or anything. I'm sure BC will keep everything classy!
Anyone have an official timeline on this?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #3499
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
1. I'd think the best place to watch fireworks at BC/YC would be on the beach. You also get a good view from the BoardWalk itself. Keep in mind you'll only see the higher fireworks and you won't hear the music.

2. From Providence, I'd expect a 2 3/4 hour flight putting you at MCO at about 9:30. Plan on getting to BC about 90 min later, so 11:00 AM. That gives you 2 hours to check-in and get to MK. You should be fine. You could do online check-in to expedite the process! Good luck!

I don't think this is scheduled until next year. And even so, I'm sure CL wouldn't be a disaster zone or anything. I'm sure BC will keep everything classy!

You found wlake an extra hour!!!

I haven't heard any dates on the BC or CL refurb yet.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #3500
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

The BC was renovated five years ago. Therefore, the new renovation will start in the Fall of this year. The YC was done right after the BC so the rooms at the YC are about 9-12 months "newer".
Found it...in the fall this year.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #3501
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
My husband and I just returned from a short Vegas trip. There were signs all over the pool saying that staff would remove towels from chairs that had been unoccupied for an hour or more---I told dh that they should implement this at SAB
DH and I commandeered chairs at SAB on July 4. Not one of my prouder moments, but we had looked for a chair (for our family of 3) for 35 minutes and finally just threw our stuff in the bushes. We swam in the area around our stuff for 45 minutes and when nobody came back to their chairs with nothing but a resort pool towel on them, well... we moved in.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #3502
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post

Found it...in the fall this year.

Ok- now that I actually READ it again, Teena mentioned "rooms" not CL. Was I imagining it? Very possible but swear I read it somewhere. So sorry for any confusion.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #3503
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I haven't heard any dates on the BC or CL refurb yet.
Phew........thanks for the updated info. I thought I missed something !
We are doing a split stay.......GF Sugarloaf CL for the first half of our stay and Deluxe Room CL at BC for the rest. Were not thrilled with the GF construction, but its getting better by the day.........news of BC construction would have been a suprise to say the least .
Althought the BC CL could use a refurb ........and some more r-o-o-m ,lol . I wasnt ready to deal with that !

Thanks,
Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #3504
wlake
DIS Veteran

Natebenma and Scott MC, thank you! I'm embarrassed that I forgot that I had read the fireworks info in one of the beginning posts. I'm sorry about that. You came up with arrival math similar to mine (it was in the middle of yours, actually!), which gives me much more confidence in my planning. The ADR is at The Plaza, which is one of the boys' favorites. If it looks like we won't make it, I can cancel it and some walk up party of 4 will be very happy!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #3505
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok- now that I actually READ it again, Teena mentioned "rooms" not CL. Was I imagining it? Very possible but swear I read it somewhere. So sorry for any confusion.

Earlier in this thread, there is mention of the CL lounge being expanded. I think it is supposed to double in size? I don't remember if a time was mentioned for that.

Not sure what accommodations will be made during the expansion.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #3506
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

My silly children have decided they want POP rather than BC this year.

So, we will only visit BC this year and I will look forward to planning a BC trip in the future when the 3rd Spawn is old enough that we aren't allowed to stay at POP!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #3507
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Disney uses peanut oil to fry chicken? Pretty sure they don't unless they have changed it in the last several years. DD 13 has eaten chicken fingers in WDW several times and never had a reaction. She is allergic to peanuts.

Now for my Q...hope you don't mind I'm asking here: Those of you who have used either/both: Which is better the "Lines" app or the MDE app in terms of accuracy of wait times?

Thanks a bunch!!!!

On another note I keep telling myself that this brutal heat is just prepping us for our experience at the world next month! 39 days!!!!!
I had both a few weeks ago. I found Lines to more accurate for wait time and for some reason just better to use and more visual friendly - maybe because it is just basic with no fancy colors etc.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #3508
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Is it true that CL guest get a welcome gift in their rooms? If so what is it? And are they different between YC & BC
No welcome gift for us this trip or last at the BC.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 07-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #3509
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly because I think I'm in the same boat. We have BC CL room ONLY for 14 nights. We purchased park tickets from AAA- 8 day park hopper w/ water park & more that expires 14 days from first use. Out first time using the park tickets would be our third day in- spending our arrival day & first full day at SAB. I can combine our BC room cards to include our park tickets? I saw something on My Disney Experience to add park tickets but haven't looked into details yet. Can wait to find out.
Another question maybe for Teena- when the renovations to CL are under way, what happens then? Is CL relocated?
Thank you all in advance!!

When they start the BC renovations, they will start on the fifth floor lounge. The lounge will be relocated to the Presidential Suite. When the lounge is done, they will start probably on the Presidential Suite and that wing of rooms. Then continue one section at a time until the fifth floor is done. Then they go to the fourth floor, etc.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #3510
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks !
Syndrome
No worries. As of last week we didn't know exact start date but I'm thinking January. And when the actual lounge is under construction, the lounge is relocated into the Presidential Suite which is super large and beautiful. It would not adversely affect your experience at all. In fact, it might make it nicer.

All Disney resorts are rehabbed on a schedule. Most of the time you don't even know it is going on. They do a small section of rooms at a time and all noise work is done during the day when people are at the park or in the pool.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: