Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #271
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Keeping my fingers crossed for Tyler and his team!

Great update, I just love seeing pics of CC. And it looks like so far you had a nice and relaxed start to your day.

I am sorry I haven't posted more, but school only stopped today and it was kind of VERY busy the last few weeks. But I have been reading .... I promise!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #272
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Good luck to Tyler and his team!

I'm getting so excited for my cruise while I'm reading about yours. I can do online check-in and reservations on Sunday...can't believe it is only 107 days away.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #273
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update of CC. I fell in love with the Adult beach there !!!! The buffet was really good there !!Good luck to Tyler and his Team!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #274
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR. We are going on the 4 night dream and staying three night at VWL. Your TR is getting me so excited for our trip, as if I wasn't already totally obsessed. I can't wait for you to continue writing. Looks like you really had a great time. Thanks for finding the time to work in it.
ali in wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #275
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I can barely drink two drinks.

The bikes look fun. Can't wait to ride around CC with Joshua.

Good luck to Tyler and his team.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #276
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am all caught up! Missed the rest of your Nassau day somehow as we too are late getter outers and those last 2 weeks of school are INSANE! Congrats to Timmy on all his awards, that is fabulous! I need to remember coconut shrimp on Nassau day should we ever find ourselves with that itinerary again as I've no intention of getting off the ship either. Mixology looked fun but yeah, after a B52, wine, bubbly...5K maybe not such a great idea. I do want to do that sometime and almost had folks convinced this summer but we were all too lazy (and it was HOT!). Mnnn, RP, I loved that place!

We did buy a drink at that bar on the way out before they literally dropped the shutters down on it but I don't think that counts as actually being there. I agree, having CC on day 3 would be MUCH better than on day 4, which is when we had it.

Good luck Tyler!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #277
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, I never get tired of CC day reports! The "main" BBQ looks like it has way more menu choices than the Serenity Bay BBQ. I may have to check this one out next time. How were the games?
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #278
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the baseball! After 17 days straight of rain we finally got our tourney game in tonight, and they won! It was a big deal to our boys, even though they're only 1-3rd graders.

We still have coach pitch, but DS is one of the catchers for our team. That's nervewracking too, with them squatting down behind the hitters.

Your pics of CC look great! I'm starting planning for our cruise next year, and am a little bit bummed that we don't have a stop there. I guess we'll have to make up for it with a couple days in Miami!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #279
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We had an extened stay in Nassau too for the crew and I never even thought to get off the ship and take pictures of it all lit up. UGH! Now I am just going to have to go on cruise after cruise till I can get those pictures!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #280
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Great update, wow when we went on our cruise they didn't have basketball to play. Planning our cruise now for next year, just trying to figure out what time of year to go.
They didn't? When was your cruise? Good luck picking one for next year! Do you have a ship in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for Tyler and his team!

UGH- they won one game out of the last 7. I HATE baseball!!

Great update, I just love seeing pics of CC. And it looks like so far you had a nice and relaxed start to your day.

I am sorry I haven't posted more, but school only stopped today and it was kind of VERY busy the last few weeks. But I have been reading .... I promise!
Oh, PLEASE don't apologize! I am so far behind on everyone else's, too! It doesn't even feel like summer around here yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Good luck to Tyler and his team!

I'm getting so excited for my cruise while I'm reading about yours. I can do online check-in and reservations on Sunday...can't believe it is only 107 days away.

Jill in CO
YAY Jill!! Happy birthday cruise to YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update of CC. I fell in love with the Adult beach there !!!! The buffet was really good there !!Good luck to Tyler and his Team!!!
The buffet on the adult side is much better- and it's mostly the same stuff- but I agree, the Adult side of Disney is REALLY nice on CC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali in wonderland View Post
Loving your TR. We are going on the 4 night dream and staying three night at VWL. Your TR is getting me so excited for our trip, as if I wasn't already totally obsessed. I can't wait for you to continue writing. Looks like you really had a great time. Thanks for finding the time to work in it.
What a GREAT plan!! We did have a fantastic time- all around, both at VWL and on the ship. Wish I was getting on the Dream right NOW!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #281
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I can barely drink two drinks.

The bikes look fun. Can't wait to ride around CC with Joshua.

Good luck to Tyler and his team.
Thanks- it has been a challenging season around here....

Anyway....some people think the bike ride is boring, but I have really liked it both times, and so has Timmy- just make sure you pedal the right way and pay attention! (You'll understand what I'm talking about when I update- our ride had a little more drama than I like in my life ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am all caught up! Missed the rest of your Nassau day somehow as we too are late getter outers and those last 2 weeks of school are INSANE! Congrats to Timmy on all his awards, that is fabulous! I need to remember coconut shrimp on Nassau day should we ever find ourselves with that itinerary again as I've no intention of getting off the ship either. Mixology looked fun but yeah, after a B52, wine, bubbly...5K maybe not such a great idea. I do want to do that sometime and almost had folks convinced this summer but we were all too lazy (and it was HOT!). Mnnn, RP, I loved that place!

Thanks! And I don't know how people run all these races in the heat- I have a good friend who is doing his 3rd and 4th Iron Man this summer- Lake Placid and then somewhere in the south- I think he's INSANE!!!Even if I am very proud of him.

We did buy a drink at that bar on the way out before they literally dropped the shutters down on it but I don't think that counts as actually being there. I agree, having CC on day 3 would be MUCH better than on day 4, which is when we had it.

I loved it on Day 3- waaaaaaay better, IMHO. Usually I am a tad irritable leaving CC, especially at that See ya later Mon sign! But not this time!!

Good luck Tyler!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Ahhh, I never get tired of CC day reports! The "main" BBQ looks like it has way more menu choices than the Serenity Bay BBQ. I may have to check this one out next time. How were the games?
The one at serenity Bay is better- the food quality seems better, or maybe because it is so awesomely serene over there. Or maybe because they will grill a steak for you.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #282
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Good luck with the baseball! After 17 days straight of rain we finally got our tourney game in tonight, and they won! It was a big deal to our boys, even though they're only 1-3rd graders.

YAY!!!! Congratulations and that IS a HUGE deal!!! To EVERYONE!!!!

We still have coach pitch, but DS is one of the catchers for our team. That's nervewracking too, with them squatting down behind the hitters.

God bless him- and you! My boys never had a big interest in catching (after they sweated in all that heavy equipment a few times! ) Good luck to your son in his future catching games!

Your pics of CC look great! I'm starting planning for our cruise next year, and am a little bit bummed that we don't have a stop there. I guess we'll have to make up for it with a couple days in Miami!
Well, it looks like you'll have to rebook on board for a CC cruise then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We had an extened stay in Nassau too for the crew and I never even thought to get off the ship and take pictures of it all lit up. UGH! Now I am just going to have to go on cruise after cruise till I can get those pictures!
We have the night time pics of the Magic, too- in Key West, in November. THERE I was off the ship by myself without fear, lol....
Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #283
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! Loved the updates, although they made me very hungry.

Thanks for taking the pics of the food at Cookies - I have never seen many pictures of it and didn't think there was much on offer, but it actually looks pretty decent.

Loving reading your report because we are SO close to our vacation now that it seems real. Leaving for WDW in less than a month and then the cruise a week later.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #284
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

We went back in 2002, I can't remember but I think the ship was two or three years old. My DS wants to go on the Dream, and so much has changed since then.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #285
podsnel

So, Timmy and I went for a bike ride.

Which ended up being REALLY irritating. Too much drama on a bike path.

I am sure future bike rides (including yours, Jenny) will be better.

I'll explain. We set off to explore on our bikes, and all was going as expected, until we got to the loop. You know the one I mean- it goes out to the tower.

I think that is at the beginning of the loop- see the arrows? Now, to us, the arrows are clearly pointing out that the loop is supposed to be one way. (On the ground, to the right but not in the photo were arrows pointing to the right). So we went to the right, in the direction of the arrows. HOWEVER...some people look at arrows differently than we do. And they go to the left, against the arrows. In my world, going against the arrows means you are going the wrong way. Unfortunately, as it turns out, we have been misguided. Because an adult couple was riding against the arrows that day. And when Timmy (who I was riding ahead of- he pedals more slowly than I do, no doubt because he refuses to put his seat up higher to accomodate his very long legs) was going around a curve, he was riding (in the correct direction of the loop) to the left side because a woman with a huge jogging stroller was taking up the right side. And the people who were riding against the arrows crashed into him. No one was hurt, but they yelled at him a LOT. Blamed him for everything. By the time I got back to him, they were biking away. Timmy said those people were really mad at him. BUT...weren't they going the wrong way? Any how, when we got up to the tower, I was still telling Timmy he was not to blame, and that the adults were at fault because it is clearly marked with arrows all over the place which direction you are supposed to ride in. So then the lady with the big stroller comes up and says, "Umm..NO..it is not one way. Your son caused all the problems." There are arrows all over the place, lady! "No there aren't. Your son should not have been riding around the curve on the left. The bike path goes both ways."

Am I the stupid one? Cause, I'm pretty sure I understand the complex road signs on the bike path and what they mean-

And I am pretty sure the only reason he was even on the left was for the same reason I was- the lady and her stroller that we didn't want to hit.

UGH. People. They're the WORST!

Anyway- back to the bike ride, which is really nice, especially when you go THE RIGHT FREAKIN WAY!!!!!

The troublemaker-

The troublemaker and his Mom-

I like these people- they're going THE RIGHT FREAKIN WAY!!!

Cont'd next post-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: