Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #931
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

The waiting for the 2014 packages is killing me. I want to do accurate dis math and I want to do it today! My sister and I both agreed to cancel our Sept 2013 2 night trip to the halloween party and will plan to go sometime next year. $800 is a lot to spend on a 2 night trip and I would rather apply that $800 towards a longer trip next year. It most likely will be either September or November of next year. Her baby turns 3 in May so she will have to pay for him after that...is it too early to be on the lookout for discounts or free dining for next fall ??

Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to schedule a time to go before he turns three, which is a real bummer.

It is likely to rain here all day so I am going to get to spend my day looking, looking, and looking at disney resorts!!

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #932
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
The waiting for the 2014 packages is killing me. I want to do accurate dis math and I want to do it today! My sister and I both agreed to cancel our Sept 2013 2 night trip to the halloween party and will plan to go sometime next year. $800 is a lot to spend on a 2 night trip and I would rather apply that $800 towards a longer trip next year. It most likely will be either September or November of next year. Her baby turns 3 in May so she will have to pay for him after that...is it too early to be on the lookout for discounts or free dining for next fall ??

Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to schedule a time to go before he turns three, which is a real bummer.

It is likely to rain here all day so I am going to get to spend my day looking, looking, and looking at disney resorts!!
Good morning.

2014 package bookings should be released this month or next at the latest. Rooms are only available 499 days out, so even when packages come out for 2014, you won't be able to book a room for December, for example. Also, if you don't see something available and it's under 499 days out, it's probably because the room is being held back. This is the case with a lot of DVC inventory, especially at more popular resorts like Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club. Also, the Contemporary can be limited because it's a popular convention resort and those rooms are held back. Good luck and happy resorts shopping today.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #933
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Wow! Quiet Friday night I guess...

DH and BIL put up beadboard in DS's room yesterday. I think it looks awesome. So proud of DH and so thankful for BIL's help!! :-)

In RC news...was talking to DH last night and he was so adamant about us staying in one place and have a more relaxing trip this time...we both said the best trip was when we were at the Poly with DS when he was almost 4. SO convenient...so then I of course asked if he wanted me to move us to the CR instead...I think we can do the GW for just over what we're paying now if we do 7 nights instead of 8. Or we could do a BLV room in the main building or Poly SV for 6 nights (which was what we'd originally booked before changing to AKL...) He doesn't want to pay any more than we already are basically...

A split stay surprise is definitely not a good idea though... :-/
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #934
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

DH and BIL put up beadboard in DS's room yesterday. I think it looks awesome. So proud of DH and so thankful for BIL's help!! :-)

In RC news...was talking to DH last night and he was so adamant about us staying in one place and have a more relaxing trip this time...we both said the best trip was when we were at the Poly with DS when he was almost 4. SO convenient...so then I of course asked if he wanted me to move us to the CR instead...I think we can do the GW for just over what we're paying now if we do 7 nights instead of 8. Or we could do a BLV room in the main building or Poly SV for 6 nights (which was what we'd originally booked before changing to AKL...) He doesn't want to pay any more than we already are basically...

Looks so cute and I love all the penguins and LM bed!

The thing about splits is that while they feel like two (or three) vacations in one, they end up feeling like shorter vacations. We usually do a split, but DD and DH want to be in one place longer this time. So I understand your DH wanting a more relaxing vacation where you can hunker down a bit and not have to lose half a day potentially moving. I prefer more days rather than fewer in the Tower. I LOVE the Tower, but if it meant staying longer, I'd choose the GW and request a room facing Bay Lake. You'll also be closer to the laundry
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #935
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Love the beadboard! My nephews have a train table in their room that looks just like that (no train set up on theirs, it is a launching pad for Imaginex and Trio).

We did CR in Nov 2010 and I loved the location. I would stay there again in a heartbeat but I want to try new resorts too. Poly is my dream resort and maybe one day...

You will make a great choice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. When I do the math for our trips I always struggle with choosing between a shorter trip and nicer hotel or more days and staying value. I think I am going to opt for shorter trip and deluxe in order to try something new.

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #936
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
So....I added another night to our trip. Revised, Sept. 19th arrival....heading home on September 28th. Five nights AKL Pool view, and four nights WL CL......80 days! Here's hoping this one sticks! Hubby is tired! Perhaps we'll be able to sneak a beach getaway up here in NH at some point when this project is finally done! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Another night always sounds good . And I both resorts!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #937
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just had an idea!! 4 nights at CBR pirate room and 4 nights at POR Royal Room...pirates and princesses! Hmmm...ADRs might possibly need changed again, but it would definitely be doable! AND I wouldn't lose a night, nor the dessert party, and we'd still get to check out another resort...
Love POR, it's our fav moderate. And the CBR pirate rooms look cool. Heather I think said her boys looked the Royal room at POR. I like this better then a shorter vacay, but that's just me. Even our 12-13 night stays never seem enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PS...some good news DS21 got the job!!!! He's a full time employee at Home Depot!!!!! Working night shift - 10pm to 6:30 am ! I'm so happy he was hired! It's full benefits too! Woohoo!!!
Great news Marie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
That looks familiar! The sound effects are funny. We had a ... uh ... Barbarian-Style Christmas, replete with authentic "fierce" holiday poses:

(And that picture explains why I sometimes imagine The Exorcist late at night!)

That is QUITE the haul!

Quote:

The room is so cute!
Too bad your split stay idea didn't fly! What about WL? Could you still keep your 8 nights there?

Kook nice haul!! I wish we had US type outlets here! Closest one is Seattle Premium Outlet about 2 hrs across the border. We will hit it on our way down to Seattle for our August flights.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #938
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Happy Saturday!

Staying indoors with the a/c again another Hot Hot hot day here in Connecticut.

I was showing Bob pictures of the crowds at the Poly for the 4th and reading to him the posts about how bad it was and being the silly man he is He thought I meant it was like that all the time. I really hope it is not crazy busy when we go.

Krystal can not wait to see what resort you end up at.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #939
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Too bad your split stay idea didn't fly! What about WL? Could you still keep your 8 nights there?
Not for a similar price. We need to be at a moderate in order to stay the 8 nights. DH isn't a fan of WL either. But I did check just in case. :-) His major concern is the ease and convenience and time spent going back and forth to the parks from the resort. Yes, we'll have the car, but either we'd be driving everywhere or waiting on a bus. We were so spoiled when we stayed at the Poly...I did explain that we wouldn't be in the same longhouse though even if we did the Poly again since it is the last being refurbished and I want a new room! :-)

Leaning toward GW at CR if it's available still with the discounted price since I could at least get 7 nights out of it most likely. I know they still have rack rate GW rooms open...?

ETA: we could do 8 nights WL Woods View with the regular ddp and pay OOP for the rest of the TS meals we wanted and I *think* pay around the same as what CBR is costing us...need to double check my math for the meals...is the transportation better there than at the mods? I know it's not the monorail, but how often does the boat to the MK run? How long is the trip usually?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...

Last edited by Koh1977; 07-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #940
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

LOL. I'm seriously reading 3 different resort threads now... CR, WL, and Poly...
Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #941
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
LOL. I'm seriously reading 3 different resort threads now... CR, WL, and Poly...
I laughed when I read your post but really shouldn't since I subscribe to almost every resort thread

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #942
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

i laughed when i read your post but really shouldn't since i subscribe to almost every resort thread
lol. :-)
Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #943
leannak
Mouseketeer

How does a resort change work exactly? We may be doing a change or two. If we switch resorts will disney move our luggage for us?

Also, we are thinking of staying non-dining plan and not needing tickets before our first night. However, we need to get into parks for a pre rope drop ADR early the next morning. If our second stay will have the tickets and dining plan can we have access to all that already at 8am?!??? Not sure if this can possibly work.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #944
pas130
DIS Veteran

Attempting a quick post at work...announcing a change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks for your help Jeanette! I think AKL sounds fab!! I love all your choices so far!
Thanks Jen! Your Boston trip sounds fab!

I love AKL, but I made a ch-ch-change today

Quote:
Jeanette I just had to stop by to say I love AKL and they have wonderful activities for the kiddos too. I love the Flamigoes too
They had some cool activites there. The girls liked the coloring in the lobby, tracing the animal tracks, and here's a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Jeanette AKL Pool View!! I like it, but will it stick??? 2 weeks to go, that's like an eternity to an RC'er....only time will tell. If we ever stay at AKL, I would do pool view for so many reasons. It's cheaper, there are viewing places all over the hotel. I would be fine with no CL, for it being on another floor as well as the resort being "harder" to get to frequently throughout the day. I think it's a wise choice!
It did stick...and I thought it would...really did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Jeanette we loved the AKL pool view. Love the resort.
Darn that DH of mine, he IS SET on POR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jeanette: Back home where you belong. Ch-ch-changed AKL, huh? Well, you know how I feel about that...

Another

And LOVE that pic of Miss M, she is awesome

Quote:
Woohoo! Jeanette well if you're not at BWI, I know you'll love AKL!
I'm partial to CL there though since its so economical to add on and we get our use out if it! I love the extra space to hang out in too....
I'm having a hard time deciding BWI deluxe CL or AKL Kidani 1 Bdrm for our Grad trip with DS and his GF in Jan 2015 -- the location of BWI is drawing me there but the washer dryer, extra bathroom, king bed and seperate bedroom is drawing me to Kidani!
I hope there's discounts too -- I usually get a good deal in January (free dining would be great) -- but I can see this trip being costly!
I'd think about DVC rental at Kidani, but I love my daily housekeeping!
Although if we're there for only 5 or 6 nights, I could pay for every other day housekeeping and make due with that!

Marie
It is such a beautiful resort Marie, and Kidani has HUGE villas!

Quote:
PS...some good news DS21 got the job!!!! He's a full time employee at Home Depot!!!!! Working night shift - 10pm to 6:30 am ! I'm so happy he was hired! It's full benefits too! Woohoo!!!
SO happy for your DS (and YOU!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When we stayed at the Pop, I loved the location of our preferred room, but then again we were there for an entire week. I just wasn't sure if it would be worth it for one night.
Probably not worth it for one night, again JMHO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
DD needed a Brave "Deluxe Weapon" set with realistic sound! ($3.49!), an Oswald tumbler and Disney Nerd zippered cases, (can you tell she's not into princesses? But, now she wants a crown from Main Street, go figure.)
LOVE IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post

Sounds like a great way to spend a rainy day

Quote:

Nice!!!

Quote:
Happy Saturday!

Staying indoors with the a/c again another Hot Hot hot day here in Connecticut.

I was showing Bob pictures of the crowds at the Poly for the 4th and reading to him the posts about how bad it was and being the silly man he is He thought I meant it was like that all the time. I really hope it is not crazy busy when we go.
Take care Sheila
Quote:
Not for a similar price. We need to be at a moderate in order to stay the 8 nights. DH isn't a fan of WL either. But I did check just in case. :-) His major concern is the ease and convenience and time spent going back and forth to the parks from the resort. Yes, we'll have the car, but either we'd be driving everywhere or waiting on a bus. We were so spoiled when we stayed at the Poly...I did explain that we wouldn't be in the same longhouse though even if we did the Poly again since it is the last being refurbished and I want a new room! :-)

Leaning toward GW at CR if it's available still with the discounted price since I could at least get 7 nights out of it most likely. I know they still have rack rate GW rooms open...?

ETA: we could do 8 nights WL Woods View with the regular ddp and pay OOP for the rest of the TS meals we wanted and I *think* pay around the same as what CBR is costing us...need to double check my math for the meals...is the transportation better there than at the mods? I know it's not the monorail, but how often does the boat to the MK run? How long is the trip usually?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
How does a resort change work exactly? We may be doing a change or two. If we switch resorts will disney move our luggage for us?

Also, we are thinking of staying non-dining plan and not needing tickets before our first night. However, we need to get into parks for a pre rope drop ADR early the next morning. If our second stay will have the tickets and dining plan can we have access to all that already at 8am?!??? Not sure if this can possibly work.
Disney will move the luggage. You just have to drop it off at Bell services. Not sure if you have to go to the only resort to get your tickets, but someone here will know! to the RC thread. We would LOVE to hear your plans, and changes of course!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #945
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So did you switch back to POR, Jeanette?? :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: