Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #3451
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Please take a moment to look over the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is listed correctly. If we just know the month you are going, you will be at the top of that month's list with no specific dates, but feel free to post if you want me to update the exact days of your trip.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

We are about 20 pages from needing a new thread, so I will definitely be starting one sometime this week.

If anyone has any comments about how to make the first couple of pages more "user-friendly" please let me know by posting here or sending an email to beachclubdee at yahoo dot com.

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but I think I will strip off the links to photos, videos and trip reports into a separate post, on Page 2.

And, by the way, one week from right now, I will be boarding a Southwest flight to Orlando.

Woohoo Dee!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #3452
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipastor View Post
I wanted to post a thank you to the amazing Beach Club staff. We were at the pool (week of June 10th) and ordered lunch from Hurricane Hannah's. My daughter ate chicken fingers and watermelon. I'm not sure where it came from but her face broke out in big red bumps (almost looked like welts). She was having some weird allergic reaction. Within minutes we had at least 3 to 4 Beach Club staff from pool area plus a food and beverage manager talking to us. (I think the waitress asked them to come by) They gave us options for treatment and checked my daughter out. It was so comforting and amazing customer service.

Also, we had two different packages booked for our week and we had to check out and check back in. The transition was flawless. New hotel room keys were left under our door the night before and we were able to stay in the same room.

Thanks Beach Club
So great to hear! Was she allergic to the peanut oil they used for the chicken(assuming that's what they use). Had a neighbor just have a similar experience.
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #3453
dipastor
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is great to hear (much better than the Fantasmic situation- that really stinks)

How is your daughter doing? Any idea what triggered the reaction?

If you don't mind taking the time to email guest relations to let them know, or better still write to the General Manager of the Beach Club to let her know how pleased you were. They really do pay attention to the feedback and it helps the CMs when compliments are sent about them:

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Daughter just had allergic reaction. Never found out what it was from. Red spots went away couple hours later. Yes. I will email the specific cm names. I also added their names in my Disney feedback questionnaire. I will know better about fantastic lines next time and get in line earlier. Thanks for info Teena.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #3454
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran

Natebenma, you are welcome to post my report however you'd like. I wrote just one the other day and then my computer "dipped' and I lost it all so I was trying to spit out what I could as fast as possible yesterday We've stayed at the BC before as well as SW, Dolphin, BWI, and BWV and this is the first time we've had any complaints about the bus service. To be honest, I love the BC so much I feel a little bad saying anything negative, but wanted to give our observations. Thank you for reading!

Quote:
Rafikifan- thanks so much for taking the time to share your candid report with us.

I'm so glad that you found all of the BC CMs friendly and helpful.

So sorry to hear about your disappointment with the bus service. As Teena mentioned, make sure you mention this on your survey from Disney. Seems like the transportation can be hit or miss. I have never had issues with the buses to MK or AK, but we always take them first thing in the morning, 7:30 am to get to EMH, so I haven't experienced what the transportation situation is like at other times of day.

about that cab driver! So unprofessional. As another poster mentioned- his job was to get you to where you wanted to go, not to make an obnoxious comment.

Finally, as you noticed I reposted and condensed your report in the post above. May I link this to the front page, Trip Report Section. People are often looking for resort specific reports.

TIA.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #3455
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Disney uses peanut oil to fry chicken? Pretty sure they don't unless they have changed it in the last several years. DD 13 has eaten chicken fingers in WDW several times and never had a reaction. She is allergic to peanuts.

Now for my Q...hope you don't mind I'm asking here: Those of you who have used either/both: Which is better the "Lines" app or the MDE app in terms of accuracy of wait times?

Thanks a bunch!!!!

On another note I keep telling myself that this brutal heat is just prepping us for our experience at the world next month! 39 days!!!!!

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 07-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #3456
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Disney uses peanut oil to fry chicken? Pretty sure they don't unless they have changed it in the last several years. DD 13 has eaten chicken fingers in WDW several times and never had a reaction. She is allergic to peanuts.

Now for my Q...hope you don't mind I'm asking here: Those of you who have used either/both: Which is better the "Lines" app or the MDE app in terms of accuracy of wait times?

Thanks a bunch!!!!

On another note I keep telling myself that this brutal heat is just prepping us for our experience at the world next month! 39 days!!!!!

MDE. I feel like Lines has gone downhill. They didn't even have correct operating hours several days of our trip

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #3457
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Dee yes the 20th is the day we will be doing the EMH at DHS!!

I do hope that the issue that the one BC Diser had last week at the boat dock was a fluke!!!

My plan is to be at the dock around 7:00, and since it's our first full day there I think we will all be super excited and energetic enough to make that happen
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #3458
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking into Beach Club on Monday for a one night stay after 5 at POFQ!! We're looking forward to using the pool and the quick walk to Epcot!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #3459
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
And, by the way, one week from right now, I will be boarding a Southwest flight to Orlando.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #3460
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:

YCFan, Disneymomx7, Teena in back, Disneymomx7's daughter?, Catho72 and The Magical One

Flat Friends are The Three Caballeros (pixarmom, natebenma and Ninjamom), then Flat Dee and MickeyT
Thanks! I was so curious!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #3461
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hey Dee - now only 19 pages until a new thread is needed!

Even more exciting is only a week left on your countdown! You definitely deserve this special guy! >>>

Here's a YC related question. According to post #9, there are only 2 deluxe CL rooms?? Has anyone ever stayed in these? I've seen the photos on the WDW website but I'm curious as to anyone's experience who has stayed in one.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #3462
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are about 20 pages from needing a new thread, so I will definitely be starting one sometime this week.

Yahoo! Thanks for all you do Dee! We usually fly Southwest also. Are you flying out of Bostonia or Manch-Vegas? We usually do Manch, as ScottMc is a nervous flyer and JNPants doesn't want to deal with it. We find Manch to be much, much quieter, security is faster...etc.

Quote:

YCFan, Disneymomx7, Teena in back, Disneymomx7's daughter?, Catho72 and The Magical One

Flat Friends are The Three Caballeros (pixarmom, natebenma and Ninjamom), then Flat Dee and MickeyT
Ahhh! So nice to finally put names with faces. I'd looked at those pics before and figured out most, but I had YCFan and DisneyMomx7 mixed up!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #3463
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Teena.... for your upcoming trip also! How long will you be gone for?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #3464
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

As far as the Fantasmic Dinner Package goes......the special entrance for the package is at the front if the park between the gas station and the public restrooms. There is a wooden gate that is closed and unmanned until about 30-40 minutes before the show. After that you can show your ticket to the CM standing there and they will let you in. If you attempt to go in the regular entrance you are told to get in the regular line but can still sit in the reserved area. The problem with that is that they start letting anyone sit there 5-10 minutes before the show so it could fill up if there are a lot of people in the regular line.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #3465
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Sorry we don't ride the boats . We've bee. Walking everywhere

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: