Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #34
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

More castaway

Apologies for not finishing this review! We leave next week for Europe and have been busy planning that one in our spare time! Writing this brings back such great memories though! Europe isn't going to be anywhere nearly as relaxingl!!

After Ben and Esme returned from snorkelling they were pretty tired. We headed over to Cookies Too for the lunch BBQ. I often read people criticizing the food here, but we like it, as far a BBQs go! We like good food, and it isn't fine dining, but it's BBQ! There was nicely cooked fish and lovely fresh salads, as well as the expected burgers and ribs.
It was very nice to return to the Cabana to eat.
Here is where it's nice to have a Cabana in the lower numbers. The further away you are the more chance of dropping your lunch! And it was handy for the girls to nip back for seconds or an ice-cream.

After eating we just did beachy things and played games, of which I have no record. It was so relaxing - I was so relaxed I even wore a bikini that afternoon, which I have NEVER ever done before.
There is definitely no record of that either!!

I think we had to be back on the ship by 4.30 or so. At about 4pm we headed back. It turns out nearly everyone else had already returned! :-)
To be honest, it had become a little overcast, and did look like rain!

Here's some pics of our walk back, with virtually the whole island to ourselves! And the kids had the camera!

And then I think Esme started to panic, as we really were the only people we could see!
And I think she started to run!!

Everything was shut...

and it still seemed so far away!!

So we decided to take the tram.
Esme snapped a rare picture of Ben and I together.

The end of a wonderfully relaxing day filled with family fun and lasting memories.

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: