Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #61
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
That looks like heaven on earth!

Jill in CO
It certainly was! I told the girls to enjoy, because we were lucky to get it, and it may be the last time!

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #62
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyNS View Post
Howdy neighbour! Love your TR.
It doesn't look like it was that busy, especially for March Break?
Hi over there!

It really wasn't that busy. I think the sailings from Miami were not as popular...until they offered Florida rates!
I LOVED the wonder. It really didn't seem as busy even though it's smaller than the Dream. And it was noticeably less crowded at Castaway Cay than when we were there on the Dream.

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm glad life is settling down

Paddington is too cute.

The only thing about the cabanas is they don't have a bathroom. I wouldn't flinch at the price if I had my own private bathroom.
Thank you, yes, I too am glad to have the last couple of months over with! Life challenges us sometimes but a positive attitude (and thoughts of a next Disney trip!) usually get us through

I TOTALLY agree about the bathroom. I guess it was just too much cost to put them in, but I was surprised they didn't have one. We were quite close to the washrooms, but it would be quite a trek from the cabanas further down the beach.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #64
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Snorkelling

So the first thing Esme wanted to do was snorkel. Alice didn't fancy it yet . Or at all it turned out!! Esme was determined to get her in the water though...

Then Ben and Esme suited up.

and they were off!

They hung around with us on the cabana beach for a while. I forgot about the humidity and after taking the waterproof camera under water, didn't clean the lens, so I have a whole bunch of blurry images which i'm calling artistic!
Everyone was excited to see a pelican. You can just see it's wings either side of Alice's head.

Soon Ben and Esme went to do the snorkelling elsewhere while Alice and I explored and chilled out.

This is one of those pictures of the quiet cabana beach with the busy family beach in the background. I thought I would feel bad about this, but strangely i didn't

Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #65
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

The wind was quite high and the ocean was quite choppy!
There were some great waves hitting the rocks outside of the quiet swimming cove.
Exploring the Cabana beach, which stretches a long way, was beautiful. Made the experience even more worth while. and i've lots of pics to show it!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #66
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Cabana Beach Video

For those interested in the stretch of Family cabana beach, I made a video. Not sure if it's going to work, so bear with me...
The first Cabana is the last on the family beach. As you can see, even the furthest away is not that far.
Click this picture to see it...maybe...if it works!

Last edited by fredgirls; 05-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #67
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Enjoying the read, thanks for the link.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #68
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great pictures no, I wouldn't feel too bad about escaping those crowds either!

The video wouldn't play when I clicked it.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #69
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Enjoying the read, thanks for the link.
Looking forward to reading yours later.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #70
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great pictures no, I wouldn't feel too bad about escaping those crowds either!

The video wouldn't play when I clicked it.
Hmm, youtube video won't play for me either now!
Try clicking the picture to link to my photo bucket. Not much to see anyway!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #72
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

I was really missing cruising, the beach, and the Wonder tonight, and your trip report was just the medicine I needed. Thanks!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #73
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
I was really missing cruising, the beach, and the Wonder tonight, and your trip report was just the medicine I needed. Thanks!
Yeah, it's wonderful medicine to look at pictures! On dreary, rainy days like we have here today, I love reading other's reports! Just makes me smile

Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #74
CMCTxMom
Earning My Ears

I loved reading all of this. I just booked my family on the Wonder out of Galveston just after Christmas - it'll be a Christmas surprise for the kids if I can keep it quiet that long! I love that there are things you prefer about this ship to the newer ships. I was a bit nervous about this one, especially since they've now updated the Magic and this one has not been updated yet. It sounds amazing. Love the pictures!
CMCTxMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #75
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCTxMom View Post
I loved reading all of this. I just booked my family on the Wonder out of Galveston just after Christmas - it'll be a Christmas surprise for the kids if I can keep it quiet that long! I love that there are things you prefer about this ship to the newer ships. I was a bit nervous about this one, especially since they've now updated the Magic and this one has not been updated yet. It sounds amazing. Love the pictures!
It may not have all the new bells and whistles that the magic will have, but it's a beautiful ship! You'll have an amazing time!
And feel free to ask any questions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: