Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWsweetsixteengirl View Post
I would love to see Star Wars Land and Cars Land at DHS but I'm afraid that the park will lose it's main focus. Originally the park was supposed to be about movie making and I'm afraid that it will lose that. I know that maybe that's why the park is losing excitement but I hope they won't get rid of the parks original purpose entirely.
I understand what you are saying, but I still enjoy the Golden Age of Hollywood feel, and nearly everything has a Hollywood connection or movie tie in.

I hope dinosaur Gertie stays though, the connection to the early animation that Walt loved is smart and significant.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC71 View Post
I am very excited about the possibility of a Stars Wars Land going in at HS. I do hope they do it in phases and get something up quickly so that people will not lose the excitement they seem to have or the idea. I,'m not sure if anyone ever saw the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton but it was great. They had a live action sequence where you actually walked through the Enterprise and stood on an exact replica of the Enterprise bridge. It was really cool, I hope they do something like that. Maybe a walkthrough of the Death Star or something. They also had a well themed restaurant named Quarks. I can see Disney doing something like that on a much bigger scale.
I actually made a detour to LV on my way back from Lake Tahoe just to see it. We ate at Quarks and there were some Klingons that came in. My some had the "flaming ribs of Tarr" and they were served on fire. The Star Trek Experience is something the kids (now in their 20s) still talk about.
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
dwheaton
Mouseketeer

I feel like DHS is a mess and needs serious help. While I also like the connection to Hollywood, I don't feel that at Lights Motors Action or with the giant hat. That still bugs me, so I'd be thrilled if that went away. I also think that at least having a big Star Wars (or Pixar/Cars) land would at least create something exciting for DHS beyond me just riding the big headliners repeatedly.

That said, I do really like The Great Movie Ride and would be sad to see it go. It hearkens back to what DHS was at the start, and I don't like seeing attractions with lots of animatronics go away. Still, I'm curious to see how it evolves!
dwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

In my opinion, an entire Star Wars park wouldn't be overkill. Of course I wouldn't want them to destroy DHS for it, but DHS does need some serious work.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #20
GrandAdmiralStrife
DisDad #744

As someone who went to DHS in 1990 and then again in 2007, the difference is night and day. just about everything outside of Star Tours and Indy is completely different from what it originally was. And that is not a good thing. Best way to put it, DHS has been the red-headed stepchild of the four parks. Something has to give. Wasn't there talk a few years back of rebranding as Disney Pixar? Maybe now they could rebrand as Pixar/LFL lol

As to the cantina: I'd like to see a Battle of the Bands, the Modal Nodes versus Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band
GrandAdmiralStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
In my opinion, an entire Star Wars park wouldn't be overkill. Of course I wouldn't want them to destroy DHS for it, but DHS does need some serious work.
I agree
Im for more star wars but that would be overkill in a big way IMO
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
twebber55
DIS Veteran