Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #436
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Pam,

199 days!!!

We're in the hundreds girl!!

Awesome!!!!!!

Quote:
I just about booked the VWL right now for the two days after the cruise. I just can't decide. I know we won't be able to not do MK. Argh!! I'm looking into the price of one day tickets. Or two day tickets. Non hoppers. I asked Joshua what two parks he'd want; a half day at one and a full day at the other and he chose DHS and MK. We'd do Friday night at DHS and all Saturday at MK. [/CENTER]
Very cool! Well, BLT you can walk to MK or take the monorail, VWL you can take a boat or bus. You'll have to bus it to HS either place. BWV looks nice but since you're not planning on Epcot maybe save that for an Epcot trip. There are a lot of delicious restaurants over there though. If you're thinking of going to the Poly for sushi BLT would be the easiest for that. And like others have said you can use the TOTW lounge. But if you're planning on MK do you really need that. Now you understand why I had a hard time deciding! Good things to every resort

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #437
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
It is easier to walk to the MK from BLT than take the monorail. WCC is fun. Artist Point is fantastic too if you want a Signature meal. I think Roaring Forks is one of the better CS places on property.

Jill in CO

Ill have to look into roaring forks. I think BBQ or such I might sound good as I don't think the ship serves either. I'm sure we'll be steamed out. I can see Joshua ordering steak at every meal. I don't know if I'll be able able to afford a signature unless we share. I've started adding up spending money for the cruise. Disney is my weakness. My kids are my weakness. Out them together and I'm toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The VWL has busses and boats for transportation. At BLT it would be really easy to get to the Poly for sushi. I know you would be doing a studio, but the extra bathroom for us at BLT in the 1 bed is always a bonus. WCC doesn't have a lot of appeal to me. I would probably ask to sit in the library if we ate there. CA Grill is the restaurant with the most appeal to me at the Contemporary but we had a decent burger at Contempo. I like that the other resorts are just a monorail away. We're trying the Wave in October as well.

I loved Cal Grill but want something new however they do have sushi that was pretty good.

I'd really like a one bedroom but I'm already borrowing so I don't want to borrow more. With just the two of us, we'll just share the bed and keep the sofa, a sofa. Same n the ship I'm guessing. But the thought of a proper tub is very tempting. Crap, now you've got me thinking a one bedroom. In that case, I'll be looking at OKW. It cost the least I believe. Pam is booked there post cruise.

I'll b interested in how you like the Wave. It was on my list but got ditched.

I'm thinking we'll probably want non cruise type food. Maybe I will have to take him to AKV and Boma.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #438
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Awesome!!!!!!

Very cool! Well, BLT you can walk to MK or take the monorail, VWL you can take a boat or bus. You'll have to bus it to HS either place. BWV looks nice but since you're not planning on Epcot maybe save that for an Epcot trip. There are a lot of delicious restaurants over there though. If you're thinking of going to the Poly for sushi BLT would be the easiest for that. And like others have said you can use the TOTW lounge. But if you're planning on MK do you really need that. Now you understand why I had a hard time deciding! Good things to every resort

Now Alison has me thinking about a one bedroom so I may be at the OKW. I promise I'm not stalking you.

Yes! I now understand why it's so hard to decide, so many little factors and perks each unique to each resort.

We're not doing DHS now, just MK on Saturday. Tickets are SO expensive and I just can't fathom spending another $90 each for a few hours at DHS. If we depart the ship by 9:00ish, make the 4 hour drive to WDW, and arrive somewhere around 2, and then check in. We want to send the entire next day at MK so I'd rather be well rested and a little less poor.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #439
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I just love the whole vibe at BW and being able to walk to so many places. I actually like that creepy clown and there is tons of great food options. But if you only plan to go to MK, then others are better. You do not need to stay at BLT for TOWL as long as you are staying somewhere on points.

Boat to MK and WCC is a lot of fun at WL, both pools are nice. Rooms are cozy and very quiet. BLT will be easier access all around but obviously has a very different feel. If it were me is probably save the points and stock with a studio.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #440
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I just love the whole vibe at BW and being able to walk to so many places. I actually like that creepy clown and there is tons of great food options. But if you only plan to go to MK, then others are better. You do not need to stay at BLT for TOWL as long as you are staying somewhere on points.

Boat to MK and WCC is a lot of fun at WL, both pools are nice. Rooms are cozy and very quiet. BLT will be easier access all around but obviously has a very different feel. If it were me is probably save the points and stock with a studio.

You make BWV sound very inviting and that's exactly what I was thinking; there are so many great options for dining but you're right, we won't be doing Epcot at all. I was surprised Joshua was totally happy with just a day at MK. I'm also very happy he chose MK as I asked him if he could do one park, which would it be?

Thanks for the reminder that we can watch fireworks at TOTWL even if we're not at BLT. I thought I had read that but am not up n my BLT facts.

I have no idea about this new FP+ thing either and how and if that will affect our one day.

I'm leaning towards VWL at this point. I think Joshua will like WCC but dang it's $$$. $65 just for dinner for us. It's all you care to eat I think which never pays off for us but I think the atmosphere looks fun. Plus I don't think we'll have BBQ anytime on the ship so that's good.

I applause you on our BFT dining efforts. You are a dining goddess!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #441
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
You make BWV sound very inviting and that's exactly what I was thinking; there are so many great options for dining but you're right, we won't be doing Epcot at all. I was surprised Joshua was totally happy with just a day at MK. I'm also very happy he chose MK as I asked him if he could do one park, which would it be?

Thanks for the reminder that we can watch fireworks at TOTWL even if we're not at BLT. I thought I had read that but am not up n my BLT facts.

I have no idea about this new FP+ thing either and how and if that will affect our one day.

I'm leaning towards VWL at this point. I think Joshua will like WCC but dang it's $$$. $65 just for dinner for us. It's all you care to eat I think which never pays off for us but I think the atmosphere looks fun. Plus I don't think we'll have BBQ anytime on the ship so that's good.

How about Trail's End instead of WCC? I've not eaten there but heard it is really good.

Jill in CO
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #442
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Yeah, you guys eat like birds! But..you could get one skillet and then get one appetizer and share. Not sure if they'd be cranky about it as long as you are getting at least another appetizer. You will have BBQ at Castaway Cay but it's not really the same. You could just do Roaring Forks counter service but it's not that exciting. You are however just a boat ride away from MK, Contemporary or FW for additional dining options and I like Jill's idea of TE.

You could also consider Hoop De Doo Review, it's a riot if you haven't been and the food is good or the backyard BBQ both of which are at the Fort.

Quote:
How about Trail's End instead of WCC? I've not eaten there but heard it is really good.

Jill in CO
Theoretically we will be trying it in Dec so I can let you know how it is. Theoretically at the moment, we will be dining at both so I can even let you know which one we like better!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #443
rentayenta

Quote:

Jill in CO

I'll check it out, thanks! I think it's at Fort Wilderness right? I remember reading good things about it.

Quote:
Yeah, you guys eat like birds! But..you could get one skillet and then get one appetizer and share. Not sure if they'd be cranky about it as long as you are getting at least another appetizer. You will have BBQ at Castaway Cay but it's not really the same. You could just do Roaring Forks counter service but it's not that exciting. You are however just a boat ride away from MK, Contemporary or FW for additional dining options and I like Jill's idea of TE.

I don't think we eat like birds but we don't get our money out of most buffets. You're funny!

The Wave is the only place we haven't been at the Cont. we've never stepped foot inside the GF so that may be an option too. I'm going to look at menus tonight while the boys watch a movie. Yay me!

If we could share a skillet and an app at WCC that'd be perfect. I can't imagine they'd get too frogged out. The kid looks 9 so I guess he could always get a kids' meal.

Quote:
You could also consider Hoop De Doo Review, it's a riot if you haven't been and the food is good or the backyard BBQ both of which are at the Fort.

Hoop De Doo Review. What a good idea. I've always wanted to see it. That's also a very viable option. I'm liking the VWL better and better. Seems our best choices are close together. Is VWL and Fort Wilderness within walking distance of each other?

Quote:
Theoretically we will be trying it in Dec so I can let you know how it is. Theoretically at the moment, we will be dining at both so I can even let you know which one we like better!

That'd be great! I can't wait to see where you eat and what you think of your choices. Your family is lucky to have you. I know you enjoy the planning it but its still a ton of work.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #444
Pinkocto

Stalk away! No problem with me sounds like you're leaning towards VWL now. That's a great resort too. They have some kind of water parade every night you can see from the beach, and movies on the beach and all the great restaurants you guys are already talking about. Yes, you can walk to Fort Wilderness, it's not that far. And then catch a bus back to WL if it's too late/dark.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 07-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #445
Pinkocto

197 days!!!

Last edited by Pinkocto; 07-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #446
rentayenta

196 days!!!

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!

We had a crazy busy but fun day! With just Joshua home we wanted to spoil him. We took him to the lake for the day which was awesome as usual and then too, him to a SLC Bees. baseball game. They're the farm club for the Anaheim Angels. It was a great game! I'm not a huge sports fan but the opposing pitcher walked two guys and load the bases in hopes if striking out this third batter. So with bases loaded, the pitcher throws the ball, the guy knock it out of the park; Grand Slam!! It was amazing! Then they did fireworks and they always out on a great show. Needless to say, I ma dragging today.

Quote:
Stalk away! No problem with me
sounds like you're leaning towards VWL now. That's a great resort too. They have some kind of water parade every night you can see from the beach, and movies on the beach and all the great restaurants you guys are already talking about. Yes, you can walk to Fort Wilderness, it's not that far. And then catch a bus back to WL if it's too late/dark.

I still can't decide. I keep going back to OKW. The two beds in the studio and the low points are such a huge draw. I need to decide stat! Or at least book and then change if I need to or want to. I love Olivia's too. Joshua hasn't been. During our first trip in 2007, Gabby was acting like a total pill so she and I stayed back which the rest of our gang went to DHS and Sci-Fi. We were staying at OKW and starving so we went to Olivia's. It ended up being one of my favorite meals of the trip. I didn't let her know that though.

Quote:
197 days!!!

Woot Woot!!! It's so close! I'm finally realizing that Joshua's bar mitzvah is even closer. He's been doing great. I'm the one that need to focus.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #447
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I'll check it out, thanks! I think it's at Fort Wilderness right? I remember reading good things about it.
Yep, FW

Quote:
I don't think we eat like birds but we don't get our money out of most buffets. You're funny!

Compared to the vultures in my house...birds. Totally.

Quote:
The Wave is the only place we haven't been at the Cont. we've never stepped foot inside the GF so that may be an option too. I'm going to look at menus tonight while the boys watch a movie. Yay me!

If we could share a skillet and an app at WCC that'd be perfect. I can't imagine they'd get too frogged out. The kid looks 9 so I guess he could always get a kids' meal.
He does look 9 and if you aren't on the DDP, who would know? I'd do that.

[QUOTE=rentayenta;48855993]
Hoop De Doo Review. What a good idea. I've always wanted to see it. That's also a very viable option. I'm liking the VWL better and better. Seems our best choices are close together. Is VWL and Fort Wilderness within walking distance of each other?

You can walk, take a boat or a bus. I've not done the walk myself but I know Mary Ellen has run it often. It is such a pretty boat ride and it drops you right near all the dining.

Quote:

That'd be great! I can't wait to see where you eat and what you think of your choices. Your family is lucky to have you. I know you enjoy the planning it but its still a ton of work.
I think TE will be fun and I'm glad it worked out as it did so we can see it all decorated for the holidays! It's a little bit of a bummer as I don't know when they de-decorate WL but it could be down by the date we are there but...since it's the most like home anyway, maybe that's ok. Can't do it all, right?

Quote:

We had a crazy busy but fun day! With just Joshua home we wanted to spoil him. We took him to the lake for the day which was awesome as usual and then too, him to a SLC Bees. baseball game. They're the farm club for the Anaheim Angels. It was a great game! I'm not a huge sports fan but the opposing pitcher walked two guys and load the bases in hopes if striking out this third batter. So with bases loaded, the pitcher throws the ball, the guy knock it out of the park; Grand Slam!! It was amazing! Then they did fireworks and they always out on a great show. Needless to say, I ma dragging today.
Fun! I'm quasi working, quasi not...

Quote:
I still can't decide. I keep going back to OKW. The two beds in the studio and the low points are such a huge draw. I need to decide stat! Or at least book and then change if I need to or want to. I love Olivia's too. Joshua hasn't been. During our first trip in 2007, Gabby was acting like a total pill so she and I stayed back which the rest of our gang went to DHS and Sci-Fi. We were staying at OKW and starving so we went to Olivia's. It ended up being one of my favorite meals of the trip. I didn't let her know that though.
I love love love Olivia's!

Quote:
Woot Woot!!! It's so close! I'm finally realizing that Joshua's bar mitzvah is even closer. He's been doing great. I'm the one that need to focus.
You are focused...on the cruise part! LOL.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #448
Pinkocto

Quote:
196 days!!!

Quote:

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Quote:
I loved the two beds in the studio, and I must say they were the most comfortable I've slept on at WDW. Olivia's is on my list post cruise, I've heard nothing but great things about the place. No don't tell her

Quote:
What does he need to do? Classes?

Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #449
rentayenta

Quote:
Yep, FW
Cool. Thanks! I just checked again and VWL are still open. I ran the plan by M last night and just got an eye roll.

Quote:
Compared to the vultures in my house...birds. Totally.

You'd be surprised if you saw us in our normal habitat. Usually on vacation we're just so busy. Also none of us like that too full feeling so we graze a lot. We always seem to be at Disney when it's piping hot too.

Quote:
He does look 9 and if you aren't on the DDP, who would know? I'd do that.

Oh no, no DDP for us. I read in your trip report that you may be doing the DDP? I think with a group that size and your amount of ADRs, you may end up making money off the deal. And no tip headache which is heavenly. Doesn't Disney just add it on?

Quote:

You can walk, take a boat or a bus. I've not done the walk myself but I know Mary Ellen has run it often. It is such a pretty boat ride and it drops you right near all the dining.

I'd totally opt for the boat or walk. I need to look into the seating tiers.

Quote:
I think TE will be fun and I'm glad it worked out as it did so we can see it all decorated for the holidays! It's a little bit of a bummer as I don't know when they de-decorate WL but it could be down by the date we are there but...since it's the most like home anyway, maybe that's ok. Can't do it all, right?

I think it stays decorated that entire first week right? I bet you won't miss any of the holiday decor. I'll be curious as to what you think of Trail's End.

Quote:
I love love love Olivia's!

Me too. I love the OKW, laid back, Jimmy Buffett vibe. I'm just really wanting to stay somewhere new, somewhere we may not stay as a family.

Quote:
You are focused...on the cruise part! LOL.

True true. No really we did a lot last night. He works 30 minutes a day. We'll Skype with the rabbi tomorrow night. He's actually doing really well. This is the least stressful of the 3 so far.

Quote:

Sounds like a wonderful day!

I loved the two beds in the studio, and I must say they were the most comfortable I've slept on at WDW. Olivia's is on my list post cruise, I've heard nothing but great things about the place. No don't tell her

What does he need to do? Classes?

He's been in religious school for years. He has to chant in Hebrew, lots to do. www.jewfaq.org can explain better. Just put bar mitzvah in the search engine. He's been working for a long time on this. We're really proud of him. His sisters have set a good example for him.

Olivia's is so good. Joshua has never been either. I really need to make some decisions.

My friend leaves for a 4 night Dream cruise to the Bahamas next Saturday. I can't find her cruise online, does that mean it's booked? Do cruises really book at 100% capacity? That's going to be one crowded ship.

195 days!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #450
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Cool. Thanks! I just checked again and VWL are still open. I ran the plan by M last night and just got an eye roll.
Of course you did! Lol we were talking about the possible marching band trip to DL which the school has timed to be over spring break. Evan has gone from "you can't go" to "some families are turning it into a family vacation and staying there longer" I'm like, of course they are!

Can we? He says. Mom and me trip? Maybe, I say, meantime Eric just has this sour look on his face and I'm like dude..,what do you think, it's spring break. I'm going to just leave you home alone? You should have seen the look on that kids face, it was priceless!

Of course this is assuming the trip happens but I think it likely will. Question will ten be whether Jeff is going an 1b versus studio.

Quote:

You'd be surprised if you saw us in our normal habitat. Usually on vacation we're just so busy. Also none of us like that too full feeling so we graze a lot. We always seem to be at Disney when it's piping hot too.
I hear you, we actually don't graze for the same reason, too busy!

Quote:
Oh no, no DDP for us. I read in your trip report that you may be doing the DDP? I think with a group that size and your amount of ADRs, you may end up making money off the deal. And no tip headache which is heavenly. Doesn't Disney just add it on?
Yes, maybe. Disney adds on the tip, mandatory 18% but you have to pay it, it isn't included so does have to be budgeted for. TIW is mandatory 18% too.

It will likely come down to who all ends up in our room and whether they are up for doing it. It actually pencils pretty well with our line up. Nice thing with DVC is you can add it up to 3 days before the trip,

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: