Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #1276
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 59. And we are out of here

Chapter 59. And we are out of here.

After our visit to the nurse station

It was on to more adventure.

Parker was asking to ride the race cars so to the speedway it was.

He went with me while candi and Noelle hung out and waited for us.

the line was not long at all, so we moved fairly quickly he looks pretty pumped to be driving a car.

We snapped a picture of our girls on the stands ready to cheer us on.

parker was careful to not hit the middle rail.

that lasted until we actually got onto the track and you are not on the really wide rail in the station anymore, the ride was not for people who didnt want whip lash thats for sure.

i did manage to get a none blurry picture of the ride though.

after the ride we met back up with the ladies and headed towards fantasy land

along the way we took pictures of these banners with the intention of blowing them up on a print when we got home, and 10 months later still have not done it.

but i do have to say they are cool pictures.

onto dumbo it was with noelle and me riding together and momma and parker in front of us.

noelle may try and contain her excitement a little bit

but in the end she isnt good enough to not smile while on dumbo.

and i was very tempted to get this shirt while in the big top souvenir stand but passed on it.

even though he had a few episodes that morning he said he was doing good and wanted to ride goofys barn stormer who were we to stop him, lets do it buddy.

we made it about this far on the ramp

before he said he didnt want to ride and didnt feel good.

so off the ramp we went and candi took him to the bathroom while noelle and i waited around for them.

we looked at the new fastpass area that is now open for both goofy and dumbo.

and 3 days after we left they opened up this section for character visits.

you may notice the bushes that are there to block the entrance, but that didnt stop me from putting my hand through the side and snapping a picture before anyone noticed.

a little better shot of the sign.

while we waited some more for parker and candi we toured the big top souvenir tent that was just opened between when we visited the MK the week before to this week, i think it was 2 days before this current day when it opened if i remember correctly.

they have the neat themed areas of the store, like the cold stuff in the penguin car of the train.

and the middle food area.

there pin trading "board" was really neat as well, i checked out all the pins but didnt find any that were a necessity for us.

when they came back from the bathroom he asked if we could leave the park,

we knew that he toughed it out the best he could, we let him make the call though, he asked to ride the other rides after the nurse station stop, and when he asked to go back to the room we knew he was running low on energy.

so without sad faces we left the park knowing that we would be back for another MK day in two days.

we were out of the park by 11:15

he was sitting in the back of the double stroller but said he wanted to lay his head down on me....so i ended up carrying him to the bus stop and while there we waited a little bit for a bus, and of course not feeling good he wanted to be held while waiting.

on the bus he sat facing me on my lap and layed his head down on me, he feel asleep pretty quickly before we even made it under the water tunnel past the contemporary.

when we got off the bus candi and noelle took off to the food court to get us lunch to eat back in the room while i carried parker back to the room...that boy is no light 4 1/2 year old let me tell you.

but we managed back to the room

when we got to the room we spotted someone in our window.

and on our bed was another surprise for us a boat paddling character adventure.

the CM housekeepers did a good job all week with the kids items.

about 10 minutes later candi and noelle came back which she told me was a feet onto itself, trying to push the stroller while balancing the tray on the back of the stroller, but super mom prevailed and was able to bring us our food back for lunch.

hope everyone has a great 4th of july weekend, next week i will share more on the adventures that we had the rest of the day and what me and noelle were up to while candi and parker rested in the room.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #1277
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker. At least he toughed it out for a little bit. I love the Storybook Circus. It was our favorite when we were there. I wish we would have spent more time there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #1278
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker !!! To be sick at Disney should be illegal!!! I feel so bad for him !!! Great pix of the sneak preview and the posters !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #1279
adrummond262925
Earning My Ears

Smile Awesome!

What fun!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #1280
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Poor Parker, that's a rough morning. I am LOVING the towel canoe/rowboat, that is just so cool!

Good for him for being able to say he wanted to go back, a lot of kids wouldn't and make themselves feel worse.

I did not connect the dots on the Penguin case. Clever, very clever!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #1281
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker!! I hope he gets to feeling better after some rest back in the room! I LOVE the stuffies in a boat! So adorable.

I can't wait to see the new Dumbo area and everything over there! Disney is so clever - love the cool stuff in the penguin section! And the popcorn pins! Seeing all of it makes me so happy!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 07-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #1282
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Awww, so sad Parker didn't feel good in the MK. Glad he knew when to call it a day. Noelle is so cute on Dumbo. Of course, I think she's cute everywhere.

Jill in CO
Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #1283
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker! Good for him to be able to say he needed to rest...some kids wouldn't want to go back to the room no matter what due to all the things around them that you know they want to do! Resting now hopefully helped him bounce back.

We loved the Big Top shop while we were there! I think all of us ended up buying something in that store. Great pics!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #1284
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker, it definitely is not fun being sick in WDW.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #1285
katt789
DIS Veteran

So many delicious looking/sounding things at Food and wine! I want to eat them all!!

I've always wanted to do pick a pearl, but I dont know what kind of setting I want! I like the carriage necklace a lot, but I'm not a big necklace person...lol.. I'll figure something out, probably do it in Sept anyways!

Glad you guys finally got that mickey bar, and that sucks that you didn't find the wine! Maybe you made it back and got it another time? Haha. Hopefully!

Oh no! Parker not feeling good is no fun!Hope he starts to feel better!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #1286
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a great mommy and daddy you both are! Poor little guy - hope he starts to feel better and can enjoy the rest of the vacation!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #1287
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Poor Parker. To ask to go back to the room, you know he did not feel well

Hope the rest in the room makes him feel better

Love the towel boat. so cute

Big Top Souvenir Tent has the best snacks in there
Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #1288
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Awww, poor little man. You know it's bad when they want to go home, or back to the room as it were.

Sure hope he feels better quickly, it stinks to be sick on vacation.

Hope y'all are having a great 4th of July.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #1289
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Poor Parker. At least he toughed it out for a little bit. I love the Storybook Circus. It was our favorite when we were there. I wish we would have spent more time there.
i wish we would have thought to bring there suits in so they could play in the spitting water area, that looked like alot of fun for the kids.

it is a really awesome themed area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Poor Parker !!! To be sick at Disney should be illegal!!! I feel so bad for him !!! Great pix of the sneak preview and the posters !!!
im with you there rosie, it should be outlawed, no sickness once you cross under that entrance sign.

i was happy with the poster pics even though we didnt end up doing anything with them...but maybe one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrummond262925 View Post
What fun!
thanks for reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Poor Parker, that's a rough morning. I am LOVING the towel canoe/rowboat, that is just so cool!

Good for him for being able to say he wanted to go back, a lot of kids wouldn't and make themselves feel worse.

I did not connect the dots on the Penguin case. Clever, very clever!
i wonder if they have a special training for those sort of things or if they just train themselves to do it.

yeah when they actually admit they cant do more you know they are not feeling good

most of the areas in that big top were themed and in something like that, the stufed animals were in cage type areas along the walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Poor Parker!! I hope he gets to feeling better after some rest back in the room! I LOVE the stuffies in a boat! So adorable.

I can't wait to see the new Dumbo area and everything over there! Disney is so clever - love the cool stuff in the penguin section! And the popcorn pins! Seeing all of it makes me so happy!
they are very talented with there animals in the rooms we had a great mousekeeper while there

you will be seeing it soon the summer time usually flys by

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Awww, so sad Parker didn't feel good in the MK. Glad he knew when to call it a day. Noelle is so cute on Dumbo. Of course, I think she's cute everywhere.

Jill in CO
i was glad he didnt want to push himself either and told us that he was ready to go back.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #1290
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Poor Parker! Good for him to be able to say he needed to rest...some kids wouldn't want to go back to the room no matter what due to all the things around them that you know they want to do! Resting now hopefully helped him bounce back.

We loved the Big Top shop while we were there! I think all of us ended up buying something in that store. Great pics!
i was proud of him for sure, the rest did help him out some which you will see in the next few chapters.

that is a great shop, we didnt buy anything in it as we didnt really spend much time in there the last day, and now that i think about it, not sure if we made it back in there or not the last day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Poor Parker, it definitely is not fun being sick in WDW.
especially in disney when you know so much awesome is around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
So many delicious looking/sounding things at Food and wine! I want to eat them all!!

I've always wanted to do pick a pearl, but I dont know what kind of setting I want! I like the carriage necklace a lot, but I'm not a big necklace person...lol.. I'll figure something out, probably do it in Sept anyways!

Glad you guys finally got that mickey bar, and that sucks that you didn't find the wine! Maybe you made it back and got it another time? Haha. Hopefully!

Oh no! Parker not feeling good is no fun!Hope he starts to feel better!
my wife doesnt wear necklaces a lot either but when she does she usually wears that one.

i wish we went back for another food and wine day, but we were only in epcot that one day, we did one day each park and 3 in the MK, figured the kids would like that best, but looking back we should have added another park day on so we could have went back to epcot on our off day, but didnt think about it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What a great mommy and daddy you both are! Poor little guy - hope he starts to feel better and can enjoy the rest of the vacation!
thanks for the kind words...another chapter coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Poor Parker. To ask to go back to the room, you know he did not feel well

Hope the rest in the room makes him feel better

Love the towel boat. so cute

Big Top Souvenir Tent has the best snacks in there
yep he held out as long as he could but i was proud of him to ask to go back, not easy for a little one to do with all that going on around him.

there stuff did look tasty but we never ended up buying any...what snacks did you guys get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Awww, poor little man. You know it's bad when they want to go home, or back to the room as it were.

Sure hope he feels better quickly, it stinks to be sick on vacation.

Hope y'all are having a great 4th of July.
yep it should be banned from vacations to be sick, but it happens and we made the best of it.

we had a blast on the 4th really good time, hope you did as well.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: