Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #61
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I wish Disney had a tea for adults. DH & I had tea with Alice, and well, it was not what I had hoped for!

Bobbi
Old 07-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #62
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreIsMyName View Post
Sounds like the Perfectly Princess Tea (name might not be right?!?!) at the Grand Floridian. They used to have a royal tea for the little girls & their moms with a doll and other goodies for about the same price. Not sure if they still do this...
Yes, the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party is still available and quite popular. We treated DGd in April for her birthday. It was amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
Yes the pricing will be as follows.

$270 (actually it may be $269) for one adult and one child
$210 for an additional child
$69 for additional adult

The prices are definitely in line with the land equivalent of this tea party.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #63
daboof
Mouseketeer

We leave next Saturday was it free just for the first week
daboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #64
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Could you comment on the quality of the doll? The ones at the Grand Floridian look more like American Girl dolls and the one in your post did not look of the same quality. I am sorry if this was already addressed in another post. I searched but didn't see anything.

Thanks!

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #65
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
Perhaps they paid for the upgraded dress? There does seem to be an option for that. I am going by what is on the DCL page under BBB. The photos displayed are disappointing to say the least:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...bidi-boutique/

If the dresses that are actually on board are of better quality, one would think that they'd be displayed. We have come home from the Parks with several dresses over the years, and they are much nicer than these.
The website just shows some photo shopped dresses on display and I agree it is an awful picture. From what I have read, they have the same dresses you can currently purchase at the Disney store. I have seen many other live photos with dresses we have seen from our local Disney store and on line for around $45. None the less, we are bringing our own.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #66
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I wish Disney had a tea for adults. DH & I had tea with Alice, and well, it was not what I had hoped for!

Bobbi
I wish they had one for adults as well!! I would sign up for it for sure.
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #67
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
I love the idea of this. We have considered doing this at the Grand Floridian, but the timing or our hotel location has never quite worked out. Is is expensive, yes? But would if the same were offered at a local city hotel, it would surely be $150+. So I'll pay the additional markup (price gouge). I have one girl and she won't be little for much longer. Love, love, love the ideal the princesses each bringing a charm.

Agree with the previous posters about BBB not being such a great deal for what you get. If the dresses that are shown on the DCL web site are the ones offered at BBB, they are the low quality type that can be bought at Target. I can buy her one at the Disney Store and then give her ringlets(Belle), hair sparkles and lip gloss myself.
These dresses are much nice, than Target. They're also better quality, than the Disney store, unless they are special or limited editions. I have purchased, limited editions from Disney, which is crazy, but they resale for even more...a LOT more.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #68
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I'm not thinking this includes a BBB dress/package. The one at the GF doesn't. Can the OP chime in?
Edit to add. I'm pretty sure not as the pics clearly show her DD in regular play clothes.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #69
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I'm not thinking this includes a BBB dress/package. The one at the GF doesn't. Can the OP chime in?
Edit to add. I'm pretty sure not as the pics clearly show her DD in regular play clothes.
Just spoke to the concierge shoreside representative who said that the tea is currently only offered for four weeks only to concierge guests through the end if July. If it is continued after that they are unsure. They may revise it based on feedback. One possibility is that it will be started back up at the beginning of the year with revisions. At that time it would be for all guests. No BBB involved. More like GF experience with more princesses.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #70
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

The PP is correct, after the trials the real one is slated to include the BBB as part of the experience.

Last edited by Started With a Mouse; 07-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #71
mama2ellie
Mouseketeer

I took my daughter to this on the cruise beginning June 29th on the Fantasy. It was $270. No 15% service charge. Larger Princess autograph/photo book (it is gold on the outside). She absolutely loved it. She got the autograph book, pen, charm necklace and charm bracelet (princesses gave additional charms for the bracelet), Cinderella doll pictured above, tiara pictured above, and Cinderella jewelry box. FYI--the charm necklace and bracelet, doll and autograph book are not for sale on the ship (I asked about additional charms as my daughter was celebrating her birthday onboard and I wanted to purchase more).

My daughter has severe food allergies. The concierge and our head server worked together to ensure all food served to us was safe for her allergy set.

To us, it was worth every penny. My daughter had a great time.

ETA: On our statement, it is listed under BBB, however, no dress or makeover was involved.

Last edited by mama2ellie; 07-08-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added info
mama2ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #72
disneydeux
Can Once in a Lifetime Happen Twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2ellie View Post
I took my daughter to this on the cruise beginning June 29th on the Fantasy. It was $270. No 15% service charge. Larger Princess autograph/photo book (it is gold on the outside). She absolutely loved it. She got the autograph book, pen, charm necklace and charm bracelet (princesses gave additional charms for the bracelet), Cinderella doll pictured above, tiara pictured above, and Cinderella jewelry box. FYI--the charm necklace and bracelet, doll and autograph book are not for sale on the ship (I asked about additional charms as my daughter was celebrating her birthday onboard and I wanted to purchase more).

My daughter has severe food allergies. The concierge and our head server worked together to ensure all food served to us was safe for her allergy set.

ETA: On our statement, it is listed under BBB, however, no dress or makeover was involved.
Thanks for the update. So were you concierge? If not, how did you find out about it? Navigator?

Cheers!
disneydeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #73
NickyKnack
DIS Veteran

*Sigh
So they get rid of the adult High Tea, and then bring this in with no option for adults with no kids. Just one more way DCL is making me feel like I'm not really welcome as part of a family that only consists of 2 adults. I really miss the days when they really did try to make everyone feel like they belonged there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
Yes the pricing will be as follows.

$270 (actually it may be $269) for one adult and one child
$210 for an additional child
$69 for additional adult

I'm glad we got to do it for free because I personally don't think it's worth that price. I only have one dd but I feel sorry for those with more than one. That becomes a really hefty price! Boys are welcome too. Lady chamomile said they'd get swords and stuff but there were no boys at ours.
NickyKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #74
amyh13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKnack View Post
*Sigh
So they get rid of the adult High Tea, and then bring this in with no option for adults with no kids. Just one more way DCL is making me feel like I'm not really welcome as part of a family that only consists of 2 adults. I really miss the days when they really did try to make everyone feel like they belonged there.
I will say that other cruise lines offer High Tea on sea days for free. A very elegant and fun experience. I am willing to pay for the trinkets for my little princess, I think it should be offered for free for adults???
amyh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #75
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2ellie View Post

Do you feel that the bracelet and necklace are good quality? And being that you can't get them on the ship can we add charms to it? Did they tell you where or how to get more?
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: