Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #1936
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Question: When you have 5 people in a room and you have a daybed, do they make up that bed with sheets and blankets for you when they do the evening turndown service?
I've never stayed with 5 people, but I'd imagine they would. What I'd recommend is when you get to your room, leave a small note...something like this. "Dear Mousekeepers....We're so delighted to be staying here at ____(insert resort name)_____! Our (daughter, son, MIL) will be using the daybed and we'd really appreciate it if it could be made up at night. Thanks so much for all you do! Sincerely, ______(your name here)______

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone! What kinds if desserts do they have in the clubs? I am pondering Wishes Dessert party but wondering if the desserts in club level pretty much the same. Thanks.
Check page 1 of this thread for pictures of desserts from various resorts. They're small, but satisfying. I'm a big cookie fan, and have loved the chocolate chip cookies at BC, BWI, GF and AKL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Thanks for posting this sounds like fun. Is it just for AKL CL guests?
This one is new to me. I'll update the first page very soon. Does anyone have any other information on this? If not, I'll email IPO at AKL and find out.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #1937
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I've never stayed with 5 people, but I'd imagine they would. What I'd recommend is when you get to your room, leave a small note...something like this. "Dear Mousekeepers....We're so delighted to be staying here at ____(insert resort name)_____! Our (daughter, son, MIL) will be using the daybed and we'd really appreciate it if it could be made up at night. Thanks so much for all you do! Sincerely, ______(your name here)______
Great idea! Thank you, I'll definitely try this out.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #1938
baggirl
Mouseketeer

We are going to be at YC CL, we're only going for 3 days. the 1st day is the MNSSHP. I know we can get in at 4pm. Its the only day we're doing MK. We're going to try and check in as early as we can, maybe around 12-1pm?? Would you head to MK at 4pm for the party or would hang out til 5 and get a bite in the Club Lounge and then head to MK??
Old 07-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #1939
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post

Where are you staying? It varies. WL CL has brownies, magic bars, and cobbler. YC and BC have different mousses. Peanut butter and raspberry come to mind. Poly has the best selection of food and desserts, but for the life of me I can't remember what the desserts were.
We are at BC.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #1940
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great idea! Thank you, I'll definitely try this out.
You're welcome. I notice you're staying at BC. I'm not sure if you know, but daybeds are not guaranteed at BC. Be sure you request one, and when you check in, politely ask if your request was met...and if not, could they move you to a room with a daybed. They will give you a rollaway cot if you don't get a daybed, but, I'd much prefer the daybed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl View Post
We are going to be at YC CL, we're only going for 3 days. the 1st day is the MNSSHP. I know we can get in at 4pm. Its the only day we're doing MK. We're going to try and check in as early as we can, maybe around 12-1pm?? Would you head to MK at 4pm for the party or would hang out til 5 and get a bite in the Club Lounge and then head to MK??
If you have 3 nights at YC and only one at MNSSHP, I'd spend as much time at the Halloween party as possible, and enjoy CL amenities the other 2 nights....just my opinion though.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #1941
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Thanks for posting this sounds like fun. Is it just for AKL CL guests?
Actually, after I posted I started thinking about it, and it doesn't sound like it. I don't see anything in there that indicates it's for CL guests only. Sorry for any confusion!!

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 07-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #1942
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome. I notice you're staying at BC. I'm not sure if you know, but daybeds are not guaranteed at BC. Be sure you request one, and when you check in, politely ask if your request was met...and if not, could they move you to a room with a daybed. They will give you a rollaway cot if you don't get a daybed, but, I'd much prefer the daybed.
Online check in is available to me now, and I took a look at it. It doesn't allow you to request a daybed, so I called in and asked. They said that parties of 5 are given preference for a daybed, and generally you get one. They've changed which rooms you can reserve at the BC. Parties of 5 can no longer request Lagoon or Garden view on the club level. Most standard rooms do have the daybed, but not the other two categories. I believe this was changed for 2013, because in the past all views were bookable for parties of 5.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #1943
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
Actually, after I posted I started thinking about it, and it doesn't sound like it. I don't see anything in there that indicates it's for CL guests only. Sorry for any confusion!!
Sunrise Safari is AKL CL only; Wanyama (Sunset) Safari and Night Vision Safari are any AKL guests, not just CL.

We did all three of them in April. The Night Vision was pretty new - I think it started last fall - so I didn't have much info before we signed up for it. It was fun, though. You go to two savannas in a jeep - you ride along the edge of the smaller Kidani savanna (Pembe?), and then enter and ride through the Sunset Savanna. The animals can come right up close to you on the Sunset Savanna - we were about 2 inches from a giraffe at one point. You also get some Night Vision Safari-only souveniers, like a glow in the dark pin (same conservation fund pin as the other tours, but this one glows) and a glow in the dark bracelet.

I've been meaning to write a review comparing all 3, but haven't gotten off my lazy butt to do it yet. Hopefully I'll have a chance soon.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #1944
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Thinking about staying at poly CL. What food do they have for kids in the lounge? My 4yo will eat anything but my 5yo is extremely picky.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1945
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post
Sunrise Safari is AKL CL only; Wanyama (Sunset) Safari and Night Vision Safari are any AKL guests, not just CL.

We did all three of them in April. The Night Vision was pretty new - I think it started last fall - so I didn't have much info before we signed up for it. It was fun, though. You go to two savannas in a jeep - you ride along the edge of the smaller Kidani savanna (Pembe?), and then enter and ride through the Sunset Savanna. The animals can come right up close to you on the Sunset Savanna - we were about 2 inches from a giraffe at one point. You also get some Night Vision Safari-only souveniers, like a glow in the dark pin (same conservation fund pin as the other tours, but this one glows) and a glow in the dark bracelet.

I've been meaning to write a review comparing all 3, but haven't gotten off my lazy butt to do it yet. Hopefully I'll have a chance soon.
LOL, please do!! I would be so interested. We are signed up for the Sunrise Safari and I cannot wait.

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #1946
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Thinking about staying at poly CL. What food do they have for kids in the lounge? My 4yo will eat anything but my 5yo is extremely picky.
Hi,

We just got back and it was wonderful! They have kid friendly cereals and you can ask for chocolate milk. Bagels and fruit are out as well. snacks in the afternoon are chocolate chip cookies, goldfish or chex type mix with gummies. For dinner they offered mini corn dogs for the kids and I remember seeing uncrustables too. Two nights we were there they had meatballs.

Hope this helps!
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #1947
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Quote:

DH & I have a Sunrise Safari reservation for November. Wondering if this is our best option. Which did you prefer? Not a complete review but maybe a 1st 2nd 3rd ranking?

I would LOVE to get up close to some animals but also want LOTS of pictures of animals.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #1948
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
Ahhh...no worries. I'll remove it from the first page, and email AKL IPO to find out exactly what is available to CL guests.

Quote:
Online check in is available to me now, and I took a look at it. It doesn't allow you to request a daybed, so I called in and asked. They said that parties of 5 are given preference for a daybed, and generally you get one. They've changed which rooms you can reserve at the BC. Parties of 5 can no longer request Lagoon or Garden view on the club level. Most standard rooms do have the daybed, but not the other two categories. I believe this was changed for 2013, because in the past all views were bookable for parties of 5.
Sounds reasonable. When you check in, I'd politely ask if your request for a daybed was met. If the answer is no, then perhaps you could politely ask if you could get a room with a daybed, and say you're willing to wait until 3 for it. This is of course assuming you're actually willing to wait. For me, it depends on the trip. Sometimes I'll take the first room they give me, and sometimes, I'm willing to hold out for something I really want (daybed, view etc.)

Quote:

Thanks for the info!
So, someone correct me, because I may have my info wrong. The only safari that is CL exclusive is the Sunrise Safari and it is ONLY for AKL-CL guests. Is this correct? For some reason, I thought that CL guests at other resorts could book it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
Hi,

We just got back and it was wonderful! They have kid friendly cereals and you can ask for chocolate milk. Bagels and fruit are out as well. snacks in the afternoon are chocolate chip cookies, goldfish or chex type mix with gummies. For dinner they offered mini corn dogs for the kids and I remember seeing uncrustables too. Two nights we were there they had meatballs.

Hope this helps!
Yes. I'm a picky eater, and always find great things in the CL lounge. The only time it gets a little tough is during the 5-7 apps/wine/beer, but there are usually PB&J rollups, apples and caramel dip, and some sort of chicken finger/skewer.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #1949
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ahhh...no worries. I'll remove it from the first page, and email AKL IPO to find out exactly what is available to CL guests.
Thank you! So sorry!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #1950
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post

Hi,

Hope this helps!
Thanks for replying! That sounds perfect!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: