Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
WildReekies
Mouseketeer

A booking question/ 25% off rack rates

Hello all disney fellows!
I am hoping you can answer my newbie question. Sorry if this has been asked before.
1. Can i reserve a room NOW for june/2014 but get the 25% discount when it becomes available for my stay date? Or do i have to wait till the dscount becomes available and pray my POR has rooms?

2. Same question as above except with the free dinning when it becomes available?

3. We have time durring Spring break March 19-25 OR June 1-9 when would you go and why?

I have 3 kiddos who will be 3,5,7 this is our first time exploring the world We will be renting a car (i think) Opinions on that are welcome too.
Thanks in advance for not reading and running
WildReekies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildReekies View Post
I am hoping you can answer my newbie question. Sorry if this has been asked before.
1. Can i reserve a room NOW for june/2014 but get the 25% discount when it becomes available for my stay date? Or do i have to wait till the dscount becomes available and pray my POR has rooms?

2. Same question as above except with the free dinning when it becomes available?

3. We have time durring Spring break March 19-25 OR June 1-9 when would you go and why?

I have 3 kiddos who will be 3,5,7 this is our first time exploring the world We will be renting a car (i think) Opinions on that are welcome too.
I'm pretty sure you can go ahead and book and just apply the discount if one becomes available. We are also debating March (last week for us) and the first week of June; my kids will be 2 (3 if we go in June), 5, and 8. We were set for June, but after going to Orlando this past June i think we are going to change to March. I'm worried about the spring break crowds we will have, but the heat was miserable for us in June - and we live in the south so should be somewhat used to it - but it was really hot and hard to fully enjoy everything at times.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
WildReekies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I'm pretty sure you can go ahead and book and just apply the discount if one becomes available. We are also debating March (last week for us) and the first week of June; my kids will be 2 (3 if we go in June), 5, and 8. We were set for June, but after going to Orlando this past June i think we are going to change to March. I'm worried about the spring break crowds we will have, but the heat was miserable for us in June - and we live in the south so should be somewhat used to it - but it was really hot and hard to fully enjoy everything at times.
Thank you for your reply. My lil guy will be 3 in june 2 in march also. Ive gone in march and it was cccccold at times. It can be nice with the littles but we wouldnt enjoy the water rides/pool. I also worry about the College crowd. Maybe we are overthinking it? : )
Old 07-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. My lil guy will be 3 in june 2 in march also. Ive gone in march and it was cccccold at times. It can be nice with the littles but we wouldnt enjoy the water rides/pool. I also worry about the College crowd. Maybe we are overthinking it? : )
I've gone twice in March- once was very cold (pants and long sleeves the whole time) and the other time it was very warm (shorts, t-shirts and a water park visit.) I suppose that probably doesn't help you answer your question, but it goes to show that the weather is variable and I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor for March.

As far as the college crowd- I'm not sure exactly what aspect worries you. If its crowds, most college spring breaks tend to be towards the beginning of March (at least around the North East.) If you're worried about rowdiness, loudness, etc then I wouldn't. There are much better places for party spring breaks than Disney World that are probably a lot cheaper too!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
WildReekies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
I've gone twice in March- once was very cold (pants and long sleeves the whole time) and the other time it was very warm (shorts, t-shirts and a water park visit.) I suppose that probably doesn't help you answer your question, but it goes to show that the weather is variable and I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor for March.

As far as the college crowd- I'm not sure exactly what aspect worries you. If its crowds, most college spring breaks tend to be towards the beginning of March (at least around the North East.) If you're worried about rowdiness, loudness, etc then I wouldn't. There are much better places for party spring breaks than Disney World that are probably a lot cheaper too!
Great points! March is looking better..(mostly because i want to go as soon as poossible EEK! i cant wait)
Old 07-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1. If you book now and a discount comes out for your dates, you can have it applied to your existing reservation provided the resort/room type is available under the discount. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

2. The same as above goes for FD. If you book a package and free dining comes out for your dates, there has to be availability with the resort/room type you already have booked in order to have FD applied. Another thing to keep in mind is if you book room only now and want to change to a package later (i.e., free dining), the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new deposit. Room only and packages are different reservation systems, so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

3. We've been in March and June and both times are great to go (IMO). March, however, can be warm/hot or cold as the weather is so iffy that time of year. Plus room rates are quite a bit higher in March since it's peak season pricing.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you have a reservation and if a discount deal comes out, you can usually have that discount applied to your existing reservation.

However, you seem to be expecting a discount that has not yet been announced. Both the dates as well as the percentages of discount offers can and do change.

Consider this: WDW offers the best discounts when they are trying to fill hotel rooms that they think will otherwise go empty. If they already have lots of existing reservations, why should they offer a juicy discount?

Quote:
Basically, the same answer as above. Why would Disney offer free dining if they don't need to attract more guests?
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
WildReekies
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Stinky_Pete;48861419]If you have a reservation and if a discount deal comes out, you can usually have that discount applied to your existing reservation.

However, you seem to be expecting a discount that has not yet been announced. Both the dates as well as the percentages of discount offers can and do change.

Consider this: WDW offers the best discounts when they are trying to fill hotel rooms that they think will otherwise go empty. If they already have lots of existing reservations, why should they offer a juicy discount?

Basically, the same answer as above. Why would Disney offer free dining if they don't need to attract more guests?[

Well of course im assuming a discount may come along. Im a glass half full kind of person. If it doesnt oh well. Have you been on mousavers.com? They have a listing of dates discounts have been released and stay dates since 2010. Well if we are going by stats ive got a good shot. ; )
Old 07-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I never thought of it being cold in March - something to consider! We have been in January and been bundled up and swam all in the same trip! I still think I would rather be cold than hot - I know I wouldn't swim, but it didn't seem to bother the kids! I'll have to remember to check the weather and pack accordingly.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: