Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #1786
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Sooooo....I decided in the last hour to do split stay of 3 nights TPV CR (if discounted) and 4 nights at poly....just have to decide on which order to do what in. Am thinking cr first as we know we love the poly! Plus we will do MK day first and bbb before prk opening so walking there will be easy!

Wish I was going soon though
Congrats on a split stay . If it were me, I would do CR first. You already know you love the Poly, so if the CR is just ok, you have the Poly to look forward to. I was going to end our trip with the CR, but decided to do that first and then come back to the Poly before going home .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #1787
princessap
DIS Veteran

That's what I am thinking too. We know we love the poly plus it is cheaper too. We are leaning towards October now and so I am planning on no discount and hoping for room only!!

We got some bad news about a friend of ours and my DH said lets go all out while the kids are young and prime for disney. In his words "book what you want". What a smart man.
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #1788
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Yea I ended up saving another $120 switching to Poly..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 07-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #1789
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So just how much further is it to get to MK from the Garden Wing? (Like as in the farthest part facing Bay Lake)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #1790
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
That's what I am thinking too. We know we love the poly plus it is cheaper too.
Some rooms at the Poly may be less, but there are some differences:

~Separate Longhouses which means getting wet when it's raining.

~No walkway to the MK, but you can walk to TTC to get to Epcot.

~No guaranteed balcony or unobstructed view, like in the Tower. Longhouses are more like GW.

~No commanding views like you have in the Tower.

~No health club within the resort.

~No hot tubs.

~The CR pool area/beach has always felt less crowded to me than Poly's.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Poly or a split, just mentioning some differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So just how much further is it to get to MK from the Garden Wing? (Like as in the farthest part facing Bay Lake)
From the furthest part of the GW compared with being in the Tower, maybe 2-3 minutes walking at a leisurely pace.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #1791
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
It can be an extra 5-10 mins depending on how young the little ones are who are walking. We have stayed in both the Wing (the old North wing was our favorite of the GW) and the Tower. The Tower has a certain energy to it, stepping outside your door and seeing the monorail glide by is almost magical...the GW is pretty and peaceful, especially with a view of the lake. We prefer the BLV side in the Tower as we're not fond of the parking lot view on the MK side.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #1792
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Some rooms at the Poly may be less, but there are some differences:

~Separate Longhouses which means getting wet when it's raining.

~No walkway to the MK, but you can walk to TTC to get to Epcot.

~No guaranteed balcony or unobstructed view, like in the Tower. Longhouses are more like GW.

~No commanding views like you have in the Tower.

~No health club within the resort.

~No hot tubs.

~The CR pool area/beach has always felt less crowded to me than Poly's.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Poly or a split, just mentioning some differences

From the furthest part of the GW compared with being in the Tower, maybe 2-3 minutes walking at a leisurely pace.
Thanks! all good points!

Would you say the gw is like walking from one of the longhouses to the gch?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #1793
pennyplanner
DIS Veteran

The pictures of the rooms are lovely. Did all the rooms get a soft goods remodel or just the club level ones?

Headed there in 28 days!!!

--pennyplanner
Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #1794
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Thanks! all good points!

Would you say the gw is like walking from one of the longhouses to the gch?
No, it's less that that. You don't have to wait on an elevator at the Garden Wing because the stairs are easy to take. So it could be quicker than the tower.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #1795
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
No, it's less that that. You don't have to wait on an elevator at the Garden Wing because the stairs are easy to take. So it could be quicker than the tower.
We would need an elevator as we have the stroller still for our youngest. I am just wondering how far the garden wing is from the monorail. Is it the same distance as one of the long houses at poly to the great ceremonial house?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #1796
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
We would need an elevator as we have the stroller still for our youngest. I am just wondering how far the garden wing is from the monorail. Is it the same distance as one of the long houses at poly to the great ceremonial house?
You'd need to take an elevator or the escalator up to the monorail platform. It really isn't that far at all. I still say less than the distance from one of the long houses to the ceremonial house. Not much longer than walking from a tower room near the end of the hallway to the elevator. Unless you are at the very far end of the Garden Wing near the lake. We were about halfway down the hallway there.

At the Polynesian, we were at Tahiti (but it was Moorea then) and we usually picked up the monorail at the TTC instead of the Ceremonial House.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #1797
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Aren't the new rooms lovely?

Katie
Wow! The rehabbed rooms look great! Nicest rehab of the CR rooms I've seen in a long time! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #1798
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Historically, have AP discounts been applicable to BLT rooms (mainly asking in regards to 2 bedroom villas?)

Also, the refurb. pictures are just for the CR, not BLT, right?

We're in the process of solidifying our final decisions and I'm getting so excited, so please excuse all the questions

Thanks
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #1799
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When the second bedroom has two queen beds, that is a dedicated two bedroom villa. It cannot be split up into a one bedroom and studio. The two bedroom with a queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom would be a lockoff two bedroom. It can be locked between the one bedroom portion and the studio and sold separately.

You need a dedicated two bedroom villa. If you booked this through Disney Reservation Center, call them and ask to put dedicated on your reservation. You may or may not get it. If you booked on points, your reservation should say dedicated or lockoff already. I would make the request now otherwise it might not be available when you arrive.
I'm glad you answered this because we have similar needs and will be booking soon for 2014. Is this the only variance between dedicated and lockoff two bedrooms? I thought I recalled seeing something somewhere about the laundry room being different (not that that's a big deal )
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #1800
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You'd need to take an elevator or the escalator up to the monorail platform. It really isn't that far at all. I still say less than the distance from one of the long houses to the ceremonial house. Not much longer than walking from a tower room near the end of the hallway to the elevator. Unless you are at the very far end of the Garden Wing near the lake. We were about halfway down the hallway there.

At the Polynesian, we were at Tahiti (but it was Moorea then) and we usually picked up the monorail at the TTC instead of the Ceremonial House.
I am thinking of requesting BLV in the Garden Wing...we were in Rapa Nui when we stayed at Poly...like 5 minutes literally to the TTC. LOVED it!!

Although I would be requesting Tokelau this time around if we went with Poly instead of CR...perhaps about the same instance then as GW?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: