Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #2356
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandmom View Post
The Mini Mad Hatter cake is really cute! Where is it from and how much?
Thanks
That particular one was made by the Grand Floridian, but most Deluxe resort bakeries should be able to create something similar if you send in that photo. Mini cakes start around $30 and go up, depending on complexity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Hi everyone!

I am trying to decide which cake filling to get with vanilla 2 layer 8" cake for my daughters birthday in August.

I was going to post a poll, but I can't remember how. Sorry.
People seem to like Disney's fruit fillings, like the tropical mousse. My favorite with vanilla cake is peanut butter cup filling!
Old 06-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #2357
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
That particular one was made by the Grand Floridian, but most Deluxe resort bakeries should be able to create something similar if you send in that photo. Mini cakes start around $30 and go up, depending on complexity.

People seem to like Disney's fruit fillings, like the tropical mousse. My favorite with vanilla cake is peanut butter cup filling!

Hi Carrie, The options Pat gave us are very limited. Perhaps because it is not a wedding cake? I guess I should've been more specific.

white butter cream
chocolate butter cream
white mousse
Dark Choco mousse
custard with strawberries.

I am leaning toward dark chocolate mousse with vanilla cake.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #2358
CakeManBri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Hi Carrie, The options Pat gave us are very limited. Perhaps because it is not a wedding cake? I guess I should've been more specific.

white butter cream
chocolate butter cream
white mousse
Dark Choco mousse
custard with strawberries.

I am leaning toward dark chocolate mousse with vanilla cake.
These are the standard options. Fruit mousse is also a standard option in 10" cakes. Special fillings can be available upon request and vary among bakeries.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #2359
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeManBri View Post
These are the standard options. Fruit mousse is also a standard option in 10" cakes. Special fillings can be available upon request and vary among bakeries.
thank you.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 06-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #2360
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

Quote:
That particular one was made by the Grand Floridian, but most Deluxe resort bakeries should be able to create something similar if you send in that photo. Mini cakes start around $30 and go up, depending
Thanks, I made a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe so I could order the mini castle cake for DD. But I might do the mini Mad Hatter instead. Do you know what the butterfly is mad of?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #2361
Our3ps
Mouseketeer

I am researching ordering a Mad Hatter 1 tier style cake and wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten a split design. My DH and DD both have birthdays about a week before we arrive and I wanted to surprise them both with this cake. DH loves Wreck It Ralph and my DD loves the Little Mermaid. I was hoping they could do half a design on each side.

Scratch that I see a post stating the Mad Hatter cakes go between $150-$250.

Thanks for all the help.

June '99- All Star Music (Honeymoon)
August '07- Pop Century
August '11 - AKL & CBR
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - Poly

Last edited by Our3ps; 07-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #2362
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandmom View Post
Thanks, I made a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe so I could order the mini castle cake for DD. But I might do the mini Mad Hatter instead. Do you know what the butterfly is mad of?
Hard to tell... it's so detailed, it may be plastic, but I'll bet they could create one out of something edible for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3ps View Post
I am researching ordering a Mad Hatter 1 tier style cake and wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten a split design. My DH and DD both have birthdays about a week before we arrive and I wanted to surprise them both with this cake. DH loves Wreck It Ralph and my DD loves the Little Mermaid. I was hoping they could do half a design on each side.

Scratch that I see a post stating the Mad Hatter cakes go between $150-$250.

Thanks for all the help.
You might consider doing two mini cakes for your two themes. They wouldn't have room for a lot of detail, but that way each kid could have their own, and it wouldn't cost as much as a 1-tier Mad Hatter.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #2363
STITCH826
Mouseketeer

Hello all! I'm trying to read through all the pages. From what I'm understanding, if I want to order a cake for Whispering Canyon Cafe, I would be ordering through the Contemporary. Is this correct? Thank you!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #2364
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH826 View Post
Hello all! I'm trying to read through all the pages. From what I'm understanding, if I want to order a cake for Whispering Canyon Cafe, I would be ordering through the Contemporary. Is this correct? Thank you!
Yes. If you want a custom cake, call the number for Contemporary Private Dining, given on page 1 of this thread. They'll give you an email address that you can use to correspond with the cake team.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #2365
STITCH826
Mouseketeer

Thank you Claire&The boys! I ordered one from Pat at GF years ago, and everyone loved it. I know they're different bakers, but I'm sure it will still be delicious!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #2366
STITCH826
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post

Yes. If you want a custom cake, call the number for Contemporary Private Dining, given on page 1 of this thread. They'll give you an email address that you can use to correspond with the cake team.
Thank you Claire&The boys! I ordered one from Pat at GF years ago, and everyone loved it. I know they're different bakers, but I'm sure it will still be delicious!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #2367
Our3ps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You might consider doing two mini cakes for your two themes. They wouldn't have room for a lot of detail, but that way each kid could have their own, and it wouldn't cost as much as a 1-tier Mad Hatter.

Thanks for the idea of getting 2 mini cakes! Saving a little would probably be better since we are also doing the wishes dessert party....my kids are gonna have a major sugar coma by the end of the week. Oh and the Wreck it Ralph cake would be for my DH!

June '99- All Star Music (Honeymoon)
August '07- Pop Century
August '11 - AKL & CBR
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - Poly

Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #2368
waltsgrl
Earning My Ears

Opinions on ordering a cake to be delivered @ POR vs. Cape May Cafe? Which bakery would have the best cake?
Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #2369
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3ps View Post
Thanks for the idea of getting 2 mini cakes! Saving a little would probably be better since we are also doing the wishes dessert party....my kids are gonna have a major sugar coma by the end of the week. Oh and the Wreck it Ralph cake would be for my DH!
Oh, that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltsgrl View Post
Opinions on ordering a cake to be delivered @ POR vs. Cape May Cafe? Which bakery would have the best cake?
The two bakeries that service those places both make great-looking cakes, and all Disney cakes use the same recipes. However, ordering for POR requires jumping through a few more hoops, and people often report having trouble getting in touch with someone to place the order. So I'd say Cape May would be the easier option.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #2370
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ordered a cake at the Princess Storybook Hall in Epcot?
Also I would love some feed back on a design for a Snow White cake

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: