Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #1111
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
In some ways, my favorite part of the day (we're fairly early risers) was in the morning. The water, the view, the walk over to the food court is so serene and lovely.
I'll agree with that one! My DD and I have a first-morning tradition, while we're still on UK time and so we're awake by 5am, to take a "moon walk" around the resort and watch the dawn arrive and the sun come up. We've been doing it since she was about 3 years old, it's a really magical time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #1112
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan73 View Post
Do they allow 6? Even if one is a baby in a crib? I had thought max ocuppancy was based on number of "souls".
In Alligator Bayou, yes. The max adult/child occupancy is 5, plus one infant of 9 months. It'll be a bit of a squeeze, but quite do-able.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #1113
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post

What view did you have booked ?
We are looking into Rver view.

Any photos of the room outside regardless of view ?

What floor were you on ?

Did you enjoy the grounds/amenities ?
This is the view from outside our room, looking off to the left. We were in room 3854, which is a river view room in AB. We asked for and received a second floor room. Because we were toward the middle of the building and second floor, we hardly had anyone even walk by our room. It was so unbelievably quiet. We never heard anyone else ever.

We loved this location. We used the North Depot in the mornings and South Depot sometimes when getting off the bus. You aren't far from anything here.

We only had six park days, and wished we had more time to enjoy the resort. We used the main and quiet pools, and took the boat to POFQ for beignets, but didn't do a carriage ride, surrey bikes, relax in a hammock, etc. More to look forward to!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #1114
shannon006
DIS Veteran

How late does the water taxi and bus transportation run to and from DTD from Riverside?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #1115
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'll agree with that one! My DD and I have a first-morning tradition, while we're still on UK time and so we're awake by 5am, to take a "moon walk" around the resort and watch the dawn arrive and the sun come up. We've been doing it since she was about 3 years old, it's a really magical time.

Andre
Not an early riser here--but looks like that should change!!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #1116
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
How late does the water taxi and bus transportation run to and from DTD from Riverside?
For our visit, June 29 to July 2, the last boat left POR for DTD at 11:00 PM. The last boat left DTD for POR at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #1117
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciteacher77 View Post

Hi! I have been following this thread forever and am posting for the first time! My family (myself, my husband, and our two kids -my son is 4 & my daughter is almost 2) will be visiting in about a month - August 6-13. We have a royal room with a garden view booked. Your post was awesome because we are in a really similar situation. My daughter can't have any dairy and also has some other dietary restrictions we are still figuring out (hoping for more answers once she is scoped next week.) Did the TS restaurants have milk substitutes? We use Almond Milk, but she can have soy as well. I plan on having some delivered to the room, but am hoping she can some at dinner some times as well. I am assuming no c/s restaurants have anything.

We will not have a rental car and will have a double stroller... Any tips for managing the buses?

Thanks!
Michelle
Hi Michelle. Two of my kids are allergic to cow's milk and they drink almond milk. I did not see any at the restaurants. I ordered almond milk from amazon to get in the individual 8 oz cartons (you cannot always get those in the grocery store). They do not have to be refrigerated so are perfect to take with you for the day. I took some to the park for my little ones. I am pretty sure I saw soy milk at the resort grab and go at POFQ. (My dd is also allergic to soy so we don't use it but I recall seeing it and wishing they had almond milk ).

Also, if you have TS ADRs, you may be able to speak to the restaurant beforehand and see about getting a substitute for dairy products.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #1118
JasmineClermont
Earning My Ears

Which is the best depot to use on site? At wich depot do we have the more chances of getting on and at wich one is it less likely. Assuming that one bus start at one depot and then goes at all the other depot until it's full.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #1119
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineClermont View Post
Which is the best depot to use on site? At wich depot do we have the more chances of getting on and at wich one is it less likely. Assuming that one bus start at one depot and then goes at all the other depot until it's full.
I know it changes, so this is based in our experience during our stay from June 8-13. We were in Oak Manor in the RR so we almost exclusively used the South Depot. All parks except MK came to the South Depot first (after going to POFQ.). That meant the bus was already 1/3 full when it arrived and we had to ride around to all the other POR depots. Even if we got a seat we always ended up standing because little ones or elderly always got on at one of the other depots.

The MK bus went to POFQ first and then all the POR depots (west-north-east) and then south. The MK buses were the worst because a LOT of people went to the south depot so it was really crowded and by the time a bus came it only had room for about 10-15 people. We often had to wait for a second bus and once we had to wait for a third bus. Luckily, the drive to MK is short bc they use the back way in
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #1120
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
Boat transporation - 11:00 am

Bus transportation - 1:00 am
Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #1121
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineClermont View Post
Totally depends on the time of day and the time of year you go. South Depot is always going to be more crowded than any other.

Mid-morning and mid-afternoon are best for the outer bus stops, if you get a late start.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #1122
debf
Mouseketeer

I just changed my reservation to POR. I had to book a garden view room. Any suggestions on which building I could request to be somewhat close to the main building?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #1123
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
I just changed my reservation to POR. I had to book a garden view room. Any suggestions on which building I could request to be somewhat close to the main building?
Just request "close to the main building."
Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #1124
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

king rooms?!

I'm getting such mixed reviews on where the king bed rooms are actually located at POR?! Does anyone know?
I also read somewhere online that all the king rooms are handicapped friendly and feature two separate sinks, not one big one with two sinks built in. I am a girlie girl and need space to put my things!!! Is this true?
Please help! I can't decide if it is worth it to pay more for the king room or just go with a standard in terms of distance from the lobby/food court!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #1125
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
I'm getting such mixed reviews on where the king bed rooms are actually located at POR?! Does anyone know?
I also read somewhere online that all the king rooms are handicapped friendly and feature two separate sinks, not one big one with two sinks built in. I am a girlie girl and need space to put my things!!! Is this true?
Please help! I can't decide if it is worth it to pay more for the king room or just go with a standard in terms of distance from the lobby/food court!
They are spread out all over the resort, so not in one area. The only buildings that don't have kings are Parterre Place and Oak Manor as that is where the Royal Rooms are.

I do not know about the sink set up in a king room.

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: