Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
msr709
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
I have a son and a daughter, both on the spectrum and Disney is truly their favorite place in the world. One is a sensory seeker and one is a sensory avoider but I will say the resorts were never an issue for either one of them. ...
Thank you very much for sharing all of this with us, it gives me a lot of information. Our Caleb is a sensory seeker (first time I've heard it put that way but it does suit him!). He has to touch everything he sees! He will I think be afraid of the fireworks so we'll have to keep those for another trip. We'll see how he does with the fireworks this weekend! His Behavior Therapist went to Disney and brought back some pictures for him to see, and he was very excited to see them, he kept on saying "WOW that is cool" which is a sentence for him and long one at that, we can see how he will love WDW. Thanks for all the information.
AoA May 2014; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #17
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

What about AKL? Animals right at the resort?!?! I love it and I think he would enjoy seeing the animals right outside his room
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #18
Abby Wednesday
Mouseketeer

I took my son (also more of a sensory seeker) one month before he turned 3, and we stayed at BWI. I would highly recommend one of the monorail or Epcot resorts if you can swing it, for the purposes of having a break. He wasn't that into the parks at that age, preferring the buses and pools. I think you should factor some of the adult preferences into your decision, and he'll enjoy what you pick. One other thing that he really enjoyed was watching Epcot fireworks (some of them, anyway) from our balcony.
Abby Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: