Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
smorkovsky
Mouseketeer

Water Parks??

Going in September '14.
Two adults, three kids. DD4, DS8, DS10

I've been convinced after a few posts and responses from you the better idea is to buy 4 day tickets, no park hopping. We are staying Sunday thru Saturday, and I know we will want to spend time at the resort just relaxing and swimming because that's how we are. Previously I was thinking 3 day park tickets and adding the water park fun and more option....three days for parks, two days for water parks, etc and resort time.

What do you experienced DWers think of the water parks? I feel like, after reading here so much, that we are going to want to spend more time at the parks because, really, if you've been to one water park, you've been to them all, and we live in Texas, so we've spent countless hours at Schlitterbahn.
smorkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

In all of our trips, we haven't "graduated" to the water parks yet! Want the kids to be stronger swimmers and really, I dont think they will be much into thrill slides yet, so we can still wait. Also, it is not as relaxing for Mom and Dad. They do love, love, love the resort pool though, so we do that every day, and tour the parks in the am and evening.

The more park days you have, the less expensive they become...I believe I have read on here you see the fiscal benefit after an investment of 3 (could be 4) days. Anyway, I am a big fan of lots of park days, with daily pool breaks... especially as you have "schlitterbahned".
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

We absolutely love the water parks, and we've been to many others. But 3 park days is really shorting yourself IMO. We did 4 and could have really stood another Epcot day.

If you do go, BB would be the better choice for the 4 year old IMO.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran

We love the water parks, but I agree with PP that you will want 4 days in the parks. Maybe spread it out and take a day in the middle for a water park.
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorkovsky View Post
What do you experienced DWers think of the water parks? I feel like, after reading here so much, that we are going to want to spend more time at the parks because, really, if you've been to one water park, you've been to them all, and we live in Texas, so we've spent countless hours at Schlitterbahn.
Several years ago while working the Gate at TL I was talking to some Guests waiting outside the Gate prior to Park opening. They had said they lived near New Braunfels and went often to Schlitterbahn.

I happened do be at the Exit Gate when they left and they said to me "we now have a new favorite water park".

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #6
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Honestly, I doubt you would be disappointed either way. But, based on our experiences, I think just focusing on the four major parks is a good choice for your first trip. The hotel pools are also very nice and enjoyable.

We did just the four parks on our first trip (When the kids were 5 and 7). We added the water parks on the second trip (when the kids were 10 and 13). They were a huge hit. We've been to three excellent water parks near home and enjoyed them every time, but Disney does water parks like they do theme parks, with something just a little bit "more."

This time we are splitting our trip between two of the major parks and the two water parks. I'm going to miss the two parks we cannot fit in to our schedule, but I'm really looking forward to those water park days.

Really, every park has something to offer, and you can't go wrong.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: