Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #31
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

MickeyMom, I know you plan to a trip report and Travelr, I hope you do as well. I cannot imagine booking this trip only a month out. We are sailing to Alaska on May 2014, and I still wonder if I have enough time to research and plan.

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise and am looking forward to hearing all about it, every last detail.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #32
travelvr
Earning My Ears

Thanks!
travelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
MickeyMom, I know you plan to a trip report and Travelr, I hope you do as well. I cannot imagine booking this trip only a month out. We are sailing to Alaska on May 2014, and I still wonder if I have enough time to research and plan.

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise and am looking forward to hearing all about it, every last detail.
Thank you! While I did book the cruise 31 days out, I had been reading a lot about it, so that is really helping me. On the positive side, we haven't had to be patient. It feels like we've blinked and it's almost time to go!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #34
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Packing and Preparation

We are in the final countdown! We leave Friday morning for Seattle, so I am in full packing mode. Since we just booked the cruise a little over three weeks ago, I have had a challenging time finding some of the things we need. Both my kids have grown since winter, but finding fall/winter type clothes in June in Tennessee is not an easy task. I had to order rain jackets, long sleeved t-shirts, and some pants for both of them. Online was the only place I could find things. Thankfully, most of these items were on clearance, so I was able to get good deals. The only item that didn't work out is my daughter's rain jacket. It is too big, but we are going to have to roll the sleeves up and go with it because we don't have time to do anything else.

I normally don't do laundry on vacation, but this trip is too long (10 nights total), and we need too many layers to be able to pack enough clothes for the entire trip. Also, since we will only have our dinner clothes on for a little while each night, I am planning to wear things more than once. I don't like to do this because I like to look different in photos, but there's no way we can pack a different outfit for each night!

Besides clothing, I have motion sickness meds, binoculars, a rain cover for my camera, gloves, clothespins (to keep the curtains fully closed so the light doesn't wake us), chargers and electronic gadgets, some snacks, umbrellas, and handwarmers. I am sure I am leaving something out of this list, but I'll update it as I think of things.

We are also in the process of trying to get my kids to sleep later. My kids do not fall back easily, and we may end up with the second dinner seating, so I've started letting them go to bed later. This morning, both kids slept until 7:30, which is very late for them! Of course, that's still 5:30 in Seattle/Vancouver and 4:30 in Alaska, so we have lots of room for improvement!

The trip still doesn't seem real, but we leave in four days! This is going to be so different from any trip we have ever taken. I can't wait!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #35
travelvr
Earning My Ears

Just a few more days!!

So, being completely new to cruising, and DCL cruising, can you tell me how breakfasts and lunches are done on a Disney ship? What restaurant do we go to? What's preferable? What are the breakfast and lunch hours?

Is the port arrival time the time you board the ship AFTER going through immigration/customs?

Thanks..
travelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #36
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelvr View Post
Just a few more days!!

So, being completely new to cruising, and DCL cruising, can you tell me how breakfasts and lunches are done on a Disney ship? What restaurant do we go to? What's preferable? What are the breakfast and lunch hours?

Is the port arrival time the time you board the ship AFTER going through immigration/customs?

Thanks..
The Daily Navigator will list what is open for breakfast and lunch each day and what the hours are. Normally there is a buffet option, a sit down option, room service, and the "fast food" outlets.

No your port arrival time is what it says on the tin, the time you should arrive at port, it is not the time you board the ship. After arriving at port you will be given a boarding number. When that number is called you can board or they may call open boarding and then anyone at the port can board.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #37
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

We're back! I'm starting a trip report here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142621

Hope you will join me!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #38
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
We're back! I'm starting a trip report here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142621

Hope you will join me!
I can't believe your back already!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #39
kjmumma
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing!

Enjoyed reading all your planning, we go Aug 18, and I can't get enough of others trip reports etc. All the best!
KJ
kjmumma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: