Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBellhop View Post
What about the older multi-day tickets. Didn't they used to be long, with some blanks at the bottom, and as you entered a park, they stamped one of the blanks with the date? These go hand in hand with the stamps for me
That's what we had! And it was easy to see if you had any days left. We had one day left from a pass back in 1987-used that last day in 2003.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I never did any hopping until I got an annual pass. My first trip, only the MK existed and it was on the A-E ticket system per ride. By the time I made it to Epcot, there were only the two parks, but I only went to EP, so, again, only the one ticket. In the early 90s, before figuring out (or maybe before such a thing existed) that an AP would be a better deal, we got day tickets on the day we got an itch to hit a park; those were definitely one-day, one-park tickets. Once I went AP, I lost track of any other other ticketing system, lol!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBellhop View Post
Didn't they smell kind of like lemons? Or was my brain super broken?
Funny! I only remember the weird smell too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
TDS533
Earning My Ears

Remember both the hand stamp and the tickets they stamped at the bottom each day you used them.
TDS533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
When you left a park, they'd stamp your hand for free entry to another park that day? Then at the next park, the CM would run a black light over it so your stamp would show up. And what was cool was that on certain dark rides, you could see the stamp. And if you'd been there a week and done lots of hand stamping, your hand may look a little weird with all the stamps (depending on how much swimming, hand washing you'd done. Because for all those years, the very last thing I did was be sure to get my hand stamped as I left the last park for the last time. That way, if our flight got cancelled at the airport, we could make a beeline back to WDW and the parks. But in all those years (when did that stop, about 10-12 years ago?), our flight was never cancelled.

Come to California! We still get hand stamps as Disneyland.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #21
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who View Post
Come to California! We still get hand stamps as Disneyland.
Haven't ever been to Dl...yet. I am surprised though that they stipp hand stamp. I am surprised it isn't' thought of as out dated. I remember the hand stamp at WDW seems like every trip leaving MK someone in the family mentions that they remember getting their hand stamped.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #22
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

Although I didn't visit WDW until I was an adult, we had the hand stamp at Disneyland. I remember being a kid and getting VERY nervous awaiting the hand stamp. My dad grew up practically within walking distance of DL and never cared for it. My mom was the Disney fanatic. So I was always nervous when we would leave the park around 4pm. A hand stamp meant we were coming back that day. No stamp meant dad was done.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

GOOFY4DONALD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

We still have our Super Duper Passes that we had on our honeymoon back in 1992. And yes...we did go to the parks and did get our tickets stamped everyday.

Am I remembering this correctly...were the hand stamps in regular ink back in those days? It seems like it changed to the invisible ink later.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #24
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS533 View Post
Remember both the hand stamp and the tickets they stamped at the bottom each day you used them.
Me too!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: