Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
padkins
Earning My Ears

Ticket upgrade (yes I've read the sticky)

My brother and his family are there now and took grandma with them. They got five day tickets from UT and went to add days and were told it would be $60 not $10 to add because of the "price change". Their UT tickets were bought before the price change.
I've told them this does not matter. Disney will bridge the ticket and they will get credit for Disney gate cost. They say that's not what they were told. I said get a second opinion. I'm right correct?
padkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Correct, BUT you need to tell your brother that he (and the rest of their party) need to use their tickets at least once prior to upgrading them. It's after that initial use that they'll receive credit for the gate price.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
padkins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
Correct, BUT you need to tell your brother that he (and the rest of their party) need to use their tickets at least once prior to upgrading them. It's after that initial use that they'll receive credit for the gate price.
Thanks. They had used them. They are on the last day and I was like "do NOT leave until you find someone who will help you". I think they did. Thanks! I thought I was missing something new.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
adrummond262925
Earning My Ears

Good questions!

Good question! I wanted to know that too!
adrummond262925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padkins View Post
Thanks. They had used them. They are on the last day and I was like "do NOT leave until you find someone who will help you". I think they did. Thanks! I thought I was missing something new.
In that case, your brother was correct and the CM was wrong. I'm glad they found someone who knew how to properly bridge!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
padkins
Earning My Ears

Just talked to them. They did it but insisted he was wrong and even made him fill out paperwork like he was getting "complimentary" tickets. So of course grandma calls me letting me know I'm wrong but I just did this in June and they gave me the new price even after the price increase.
What in the world?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
jmv223
Earning My Ears

I had the same problem in December, only there was no price change involved. I had purchased my tickets as part of a package a few months earlier. It took 45 mins, and multiple cast members, but I was able to add an extra day for $10.
jmv223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Do I have to add all the extra days at once or can I add them 1 at a time?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

They can be added one at a time if you so desire.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

OT: The upgrade needed to be done on or before the day that the last admission was used. Technically, if you took the used up ticket to the park on the day of the intended use of the new day to be added, it would be too late.

In the above rare scenario, there is a slight chance that the ticket agent might sell you comp tickets for the family for about $12. apiece if you muttered (loud enough for the ticket agent to hear) "Let's go to Universal Studios instead." This, too, would be after you were asked several questions either orally or in writing to help ascertain very indirectly that the tickets you submitted were indeed yours.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 07-15-2013 at 07:18 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I know that we need 1 day but we may add an extra day if we go to EMH at DHS the day of arrival. It all depends on if the weather cooperates and how much water park time we take.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
nezy
DIS Veteran

Could use help with this

My DD's friend will be coming with us when we go in Feb. Her friend has a 5 day PH that has never been used. The rest of us have AP. If she needs to add a day what would the cost be?
(She paid $349.50 incl tax for UT 5 day PH-the gate price is currently $381.27 incl tax for 6 day PH-I know it may or may not change by next month)
So if we are on property, she has used the ticket and we need to add a day will I have to pay the difference between the price she paid and the current gate price?
Also I did not purchase the original ticket-will that make a difference?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #13
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy View Post
My DD's friend will be coming with us when we go in Feb. Her friend has a 5 day PH that has never been used. The rest of us have AP. If she needs to add a day what would the cost be?
(She paid $349.50 incl tax for UT 5 day PH-the gate price is currently $381.27 incl tax for 6 day PH-I know it may or may not change by next month)
So if we are on property, she has used the ticket and we need to add a day will I have to pay the difference between the price she paid and the current gate price?
Also I did not purchase the original ticket-will that make a difference?
It doesn't matter how much she paid; what matters is the gate price, which is currently $370.62 (and the price won't go up until June most likely.) This is where price bridging comes in - she should only have to pay the difference between the gate price of the 5 day PH and gate price of the 6 day PH, which is $10.65.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #14
newdeal
DIS Veteran

I had the same experience upgrading at Magic Kingdom a couple of months back, I asked why it cost so much I was expecting it to be less and he checked with someone and corrected it. I prefer if possible to upgrade at the animal kingdom, there is a guy there who is a young skinny flamboyant guy and he knows how to do it no questions asked
newdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #15
margitmouse
Mouseketeer

Have any of you upgraded a ticket to no expiry ? Hoping to get discounted runDisney tix and then upgrade them...... It shouldn't be any different than just adding days right? As long as we use one day before upgrading...

Member Since March 2010 ... and adding on!
margitmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: