Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Epcot242
Mouseketeer

Flowers in room when checking in?

Hi all!

We have a trip coming up in a couple of weeks or so, and we'll be celebrating my girlfriend's birthday while there. I have a few things planned, but one thing I'd really like to do is have flowers waiting in the room when we arrive. Is this possible? I wasn't crazy about the offerings on the Disney Florist website, but if this is the easiest route to take and they can have them in there waiting, then no biggie. If it's not possible has anyone used an outside florist instead? If so, is there somewhere anyone could recommend?

Honestly, I'm just looking for something small-ish to have in the room for her for the duration of the trip since I don't think flowers would travel well smooshed between flip flops and newly purchased Mickey ears once we pack up for home.

Thanks for any suggestions!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.”

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
--Walt Disney

Epcot242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Havings flowers or a gift waiting for your girlfriend in your room is definitely viable but only under certain circumstances. Your resort will not know your room number until you check-in therefore it's impossible for the flowers to be waiting in your room when you first arrive. To keep the surprise element in play, either plan to NOT go to your room but rather to a park after checking in or have the delivery date set for another day during your vacation when you won't be in the room for the majority of the day. Either way, when she first opens the door on whatever evening it may be, they'll be there waiting for her.

I'm sure other florists do deliver to WDW but I personally would stick to Disney Florist. They add special little Disney touches.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

If you are staying club level, Disney Florist can usually have it waiting in your room. When I have used Disney Florist staying non-club level, they want to deliver the 2nd night of your stay, not the first.

Any outside companies I have used, it was definitely not waiting in the room upon arrival. In fact, I have had to to hunt a few things down.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Outside florists wouldn't be permitted to deliver anything to your room, so it may be up to the CMs at the resort to put it in your room which I would be hesitant to rely on. My fiance proposed to me at Disney and he had Disney Florist deliver flowers on the day he proposed (around day 3 of our trip). They were able to actually come into the room and set up a nice arrangement that had some rose petals around it, etc. His only gripe was that he asked Disney Florist to set it up after 5pm and they came at some point between 9am-2pm, because the flowers were there when we came back from a park which he wasn't expecting. So, I wouldn't plan anything really time sensitive either.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

You might need a different idea. Something you could buy, wrap and have ready to give her when you check in.
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

As others have said, it can be done if you are staying in CL. That's because the CL CMs will place it in the room and they know the room you have been assigned. It cannot be done in a regular room until after you check in.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Disney won't put anything in your room until you have checked in and have the room key in hand. If it were me...I would order thru DisneyFlorist....I've used them before and they do great (albeit a bit expensive) work, and then head to a park upon arrival. Have a nice dinner and then return to the resort. They should have been able to get the flowers into your room in that amount of time.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Memories By Betsy

http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/mbb/index.php

We had two gift baskets delivered by this wonderful woman and they were delivered with our luggage. I know it's not the same as flowers, but if you check in and let them hold your luggage, they will deliver the baskets with your suitcases... so you could drop off and go grab lunch or hit a park and when you come back, they should be there waiting!

Just a thought!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/mbb/index.php

We had two gift baskets delivered by this wonderful woman and they were delivered with our luggage. I know it's not the same as flowers, but if you check in and let them hold your luggage, they will deliver the baskets with your suitcases... so you could drop off and go grab lunch or hit a park and when you come back, they should be there waiting!

Just a thought!
They won't deliver your luggage when you are not in the room to accept it, except in the case of Magical Express.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
Epcot242
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the great responses! I think I may have something delivered on our first day at the parks so we can come back to it. I'll most likely go with the Disney Florist out of convenience, though Im going to consider those gift baskets as well.

Thanks again!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.”

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
--Walt Disney

Epcot242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: