Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #166
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevKjb View Post

Not to offend anyone BUT -- avoid TUSKER HOUSE @ AK. Food was not that great. Had to beg characters to come to our table and it was loud without being fun! BTW our fam. loves 50's PTC....it's our 1st visit tradition...

BUT I do guess it's each to his/her own?!?!
I actually really enjoyed Tusker House. I went at lunch and it is not a character meal then.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #167
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Wow there's some really picky people on this thread. The only restaurant I would not go back to is the sci fi dine in that meal was not good greasy onion rings my chicken Caesar salad I was swimming in dressing the place is dark . Hey very depressing restaurant I would never eat here again I just want to say but I try not to put too much stock in dining reviews because the restaurant could have had an off night or a cast members wasn't feeling the magic 101 different things have gone wrong that night I don't understand why Tony's always gets a bad review if its really so bad. Then we should write to Disney Dining and let them know if you all in all I just wanted to say that 1 person likes one restaurant another person hates the same restaurant we all have different tastes different likes I'm going in Sept and I'm going to have a great time because I'm not a picky person I'm not a picky eater and if I ever had kids they would be picky eaters either
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #168
clapton
Mouseketeer

Let's face it Disney is not known for its great cuisine! IMO most places are over priced for the quality of food, but hey it's Disney and millions of people including me keep going back!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #169
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37 View Post
From our trip a couple of weeks ago:

Pecos Bill's - overpriced, overrated, and overcrowded. Our least favorite QS meal of the trip.

Landscape of Flavors (AoA) - food was actually really good, but the madhouse that was the food court coupled with the often rude, and usually not at all helpful staff, made us dislike it.

DITTO!!! I've tried Pecos at least 4 times and I am FAR from picky.

AoA - I thought the food was just OK, but OMG the whole food court experience (multiple times and never during peak hours) sent me scrambling for other options. Sheer BEDLAM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #170
Costumesaremylife
If someone's baking. I'm eating.
Jerry O'Connell once said "Hello" to me. I am still recovering from it
I saw Rodney Dangerfield in his underwear

m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
Here's the ones I don't want to go to because so many people seem to hate them or post repeated poor reviews:

Mama Melrose
Hollywood and Vine
Tony's Town Square
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
Kouzzina
Captain's Grille DTD

I actually love Captains Grille at the Yacht Club. They have delicious lobster sliders at lunch, and their clam chowder is delectable.
I think you mean Captain Jacks at DTD. (sorry if this was already noted)

I've never been to Hollywood and Vine, but my cousin loves it and she's kinda picky.
Costumesaremylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #171
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Start off by saying that we have had TONS of good experiences at WDW restaurants. Love most of them and go back trip after trip.

Chef Mickey's was a disappointment a few times from 2008-2010ish however. We went again this past March and it was really good again, but the 3 times we went those years were disappointing. Food was cold and there were limited options.

Our past few experiences at Ohana haven't been the best either. Food hasn't been that good. We're done going there since it's been so hit and miss, Chef Mickey' we sticked with only because of the characters.

Also, breakfast at Askershus didn't blow us out of the water. Didn't think the food was great.

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #172
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTwiegs View Post
Boma... I know alot of people love it but the hubby and I didn't find anything we liked even a little. also the buffet line is very small so it got backed up very easily.
It was our first night of our vacation but thankfully it got better!

I was the only one in my family of 4 that liked Boma. Everyone hated it, I thought it was good. Not the best place I've ever been, but I'd go back again.

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #173
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

There again, disney use to be about the food, talking 30 years ago... That's when you could walk up and make a reservation and be seated..

Then this free dining and deluxe dining and free food came along and the rest is history...

All mediocre food at best, even the noted TS....we won't even waste our money or time at any of the TS restaurants... Even V & A (for that kind of money, a nights stay in the castle would have to be included)....

It's now about the parks .... More fun....we eat CS just to sustain ourselves... There's no luxury dining, over the top meals.... Just fast produced, over cooked over rated food..

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #174
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva Mouse View Post
I use to adore Whispering Canyon Cafe, but our last couple of visits the food has been just awful. It will be a couple years before I step foot in there again!
I totally agree. It used to be my DH's favorite restaurant. We were so disappointed last time.
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #175
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

Hollywood and Vine and Pizzafari.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #176
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

'Ohana breakfast buffet: I dislike cold eggs and not only were our eggs served cold, so were the potatoes, sausage and waffles. Our server didn't return for us to ask for warmer food items so we ended up not eating much. All I recall is enjoying the juice and the character interaction was good considering we were a party of three adults.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #177
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Boma
Trails End
Nine Dragons

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #178
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costumesaremylife View Post
I actually love Captains Grille at the Yacht Club. They have delicious lobster sliders at lunch, and their clam chowder is delectable.
I think you mean Captain Jacks at DTD.
Yes, I meant Captain Jacks. Apologies to the Grille!
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #179
Grumpy92
DIS Veteran

Ohanas - I know this is a popular restaurant. But for us the food is mediocre, service terrible and atmosphere just blah.

San Angel - sit down and QS, both are awful. I consider it expensive crap. Moe's serves better food.
Grumpy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #180
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse
Extremely disappointed with the service at BOG. Food was ok, atmosphere very nice, service HORRIBLE
We had almost the opposite when we went in December. Ballroom was beautiful at our ADR time of 4 but by 5 sounded like a cafeteria as someone else mentioned. Food was...ehhh. I had the Cornish hen, which I believe is gone now. It tasted like it was precooked and then kept under a salamander to keep warm, which for such a small piece of meat ended up drying it out. It was edible but dry. The french fries from my daughter's steak, my potatoes and the grey stuff were the best part of the meal.

But we actually had a great server. Very informative on the building of the restaurant and when I brought up alcohol in MK, she didn't miss a beat and replied, " but your not in the Magic Kingdom, this us France". I thought that was very clever to the alcohol in MK out roar.

I want to love BOG and it is beautiful. I would give it another try for dinner. I just wish I could rearrange the menu and just order lots of fries and a big bowl if grey stuff!

We are not fans of Cosmic Ray's. It's convinient but I like to be able to order my burger as a temp. But we accept it is QS so not going to happen. But even chain burger places that cook all the same temp can be tasty (Five guys for example). Cosmic Rays are just dried out like a hockey puck and their kids chicken nuggets looked fake compared to the adult chicken nuggets. Not sure why they don't use the same, just a smaller order?

We have always enjoyed Casey's but hated the new buns last time and dogs were on the cold side. But the french fries and plastic cheese were still delicious!

Chef Mickey's breakfast. Paid for the character experience enough times. Breakfast was fine, nothing exciting but just fine. I would now rather wait in a 5 minute line for Mickey at TST then pay the higher price at CM, especially when I can get mickey waffles at our resort for $5.99.

CRT breakfast is again fine, nothing extravagant. The quiche was good but I don't like red peppers and that wasn't mentioned on the menu or I would have asked for it removed. The waitress offered another but I was full from the pastry plate so it was okay. I surprised my daughter with a mini cake baked by Chef Brian at the Contemporary. Now if i could eat his cake at the castle instead of the meal, that would be a great dining experience option! The food isn't worth the money but it does come down to castle and princesses. That's why I pay and it is now a mother/daughter tradition as I have her growing up next to Cinderella in the same room over 6 years.

I don't think we can say we have had really awful food as I have watched for the most part what reviews have said. We do take into consideration that everyone has different tastes but we have stayed away from Tony's and ABC commensiary, as those repeatedly pop up. I would never say never though and we may try at least Tony's some day if it appeals to us. We have never had bad servers and we both have worked in restaurants so we know what it takes to be good. I think overall buffets have been just buffets. Being the mom, I feel like I focus more on taking the pictures and having the autograph books out, then really being able to enjoy or not enjoy the food.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: