Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #1831
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Thank you, JimMIA!
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #1832
ez
Yoshi Lover
Alas, I have been a dvc and concierge snob (but I'll stay in a moderate if I must)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacky619 View Post
We own DVC and are planning on staying at Disney hotels for our next few trips, but our family is also getting larger and we have discussed taking trips with other people where we would need more room and BC seems to be a good option. I read through parts of this thread but I do still have a few questions:

1- I've read that the best deals are less than 60 days out. Is that true? Is it a big risk to wait until 60 days out?

2- We like to stay for 9-10 nights usually. Looking at what has been posted on Ebay, most of them are 7 nights. Are BC timeshare points similar to Disney in that I just would have to find someone that has enough points to book a 10 night trip or do they work on weeks where we would book 2 weeks and might have to change rooms?

3- I think I know this, just want to make sure. Would there be any problems for someone in a wheelchair at this resort? Would we have to get a room on the 1st floor?
We are former DVC owners and LOVE Bonnet Creek. Sold our DVC membership at a profit and we now book our BC stays thru ebay. I have always booked less than 60 days out and think I have gotten great deals. The last one we booked was 10 days out, I was waiting for the dates we needed and something came up finally. It is not a big risk for me to wait, but if you are planning a big event it's a hard call. This past trip was only 3 nights so it seems to me like you would be able to combine a ressie to equal 10 nights in some shape or form. There are plenty of roomy elevators way more than at the disney resorts, and I think it all looks pretty handicapped accessible. I can't see why you would need a first floor unit. I think it's a smart idea, go for it, and good luck!!!
ez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #1833
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello!

What is the price/point difference for a 2br deluxe and presidential in late July and August. We also use myresortnetwork.com for the rentals. How can you figure out if an owner has enough point for presidential? Also for the summer months if you book more last minute will you be able to book a 2br room? Thanks!

Happy Summer!

"Where Dreams Come True"
Disfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #1834
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Can I purchase a florida resident 1-day ticket with water park and more option at WBC? Is it an actual ticket or a voucher where I will still need to go to guest relations at the park?

Thanks!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #1835
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Another question...is soap provided for the washing machine or to do dishes? We won't need a lot of either but would like to know if any is available. Thanks!!!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #1836
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Another question...is soap provided for the washing machine or to do dishes? We won't need a lot of either but would like to know if any is available. Thanks!!!
Yes, small quantities of both provided.
JimMIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #1837
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
My 2br had 3 packages of both laundry detergent(but no fabric softener/dryer sheets) and dishwasher detergent. It was no name industrial type stuff so you're better off bringing your own. I bring the Purex laundry sheets and a few extra dryer sheets. I also bring a few dishwasher pods. They do provide a tiny bottle of dish liquid that is more than enough....we stayed 2 weeks and it lasted.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #1838
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacky619 View Post
We own DVC and are planning on staying at Disney hotels for our next few trips, but our family is also getting larger and we have discussed taking trips with other people where we would need more room and BC seems to be a good option. I read through parts of this thread but I do still have a few questions:

1- I've read that the best deals are less than 60 days out. Is that true? Is it a big risk to wait until 60 days out?

2- We like to stay for 9-10 nights usually. Looking at what has been posted on Ebay, most of them are 7 nights. Are BC timeshare points similar to Disney in that I just would have to find someone that has enough points to book a 10 night trip or do they work on weeks where we would book 2 weeks and might have to change rooms?

3- I think I know this, just want to make sure. Would there be any problems for someone in a wheelchair at this resort? Would we have to get a room on the 1st floor?
1. Owners with certain ownership levels can qualify for a point discount and room upgrades around the 60day window, which would allow for them to do some tricks to get reservations for a much lower point cost within this window. (Ie.... Reserve a 1bdrm deluxe unit at a 20% point discount, and then using a free upgrade to a 2bdrm presidential). So for some owners, they will pass that discount along to you.

Some owners however will assume they can use these tricks when they quote you the reservation further out (cancel and rebook with the discount). So waiting until within 60days no longer gives the same kind of price breaks it once did due to these larger commercial renters who factor in those discounts from the start.

As for waiting until the 60 day window... It depends. If you are just looking for a 2bdrm deluxe unit during average times of year, you'll probably be find. If however you are wanting to travel during peak times (Holidays, Christmas/new years, Spring break, etc), and/or you are wanting a room type which is a little more rare (any presidential, 3bdrm or 1bdrm units), then you may want to consider booking early just to make sure you can get what you want since the resort has become much more popular and therefore availability can be tighter during higher demand times.

2. The Resort uses a point based system, so you can book the 9-10 days. It'll be under multiple reservations since the inventory control system still works under the traditional 7 day time share week (or partial week) , but the resort itself will combine those multiple reservations into a single stay.

3. The resort towers feature both elevators and accessible rooms. If you need an accessible room, I'd really recommend booking sooner rather than later so that you can reserve one of the accessible rooms before they are all booked. If you can survive in a regular room ( mostly the bathroom related modifications), with the elevators you shouldn't have any issues getting to a room located anywhere in the tower.

Quote:
Can I purchase a florida resident 1-day ticket with water park and more option at WBC? Is it an actual ticket or a voucher where I will still need to go to guest relations at the park?

Thanks!
The ticket desk in the main lobby is staffed by Disney employees and are capable to printing out actual tickets..... At least, they used too. I don't know if Disney's move to RFID based tickets is impacting this desk.

I don't know enough about the Florida Resident tickets to know if they would be authorized or able to sell this specific ticket option.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #1839
mikey20
Earning My Ears

Just phone to confirm a pack and play for our room next week. Person on the phone was very nice and said they would do their best. The reservation was found very quickly as well!
Very excited!

Michelle
Jay (Husband)
McKenna (4)
Kelti (1.5)
mikey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #1840
taylor1293

DIS Veteran
When the Tag Fairy touches you, you know!! :)

Thinking about booking here. Can we park two cars at the resort? My DH will have to go back to work before we have to leave and we'll need to bring two cars.

Thanks!

2002-Polynesian, 2003-BWV, Hard Rock, 2004-POP, OKW, Royal Pacific, CSR, 2006-Swan,
2007-POFQ, CBR, 2008 - Royal Pacific
2013 - Bonnet Creek Resort, All Star Movies, 2014 - POP, ASMu, CSR, POFQ, Swan. ASMu
taylor1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #1841
ez
Yoshi Lover
Alas, I have been a dvc and concierge snob (but I'll stay in a moderate if I must)

yes you can park 2 cars
ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #1842
taylor1293

DIS Veteran
When the Tag Fairy touches you, you know!! :)

Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez View Post
yes you can park 2 cars

2002-Polynesian, 2003-BWV, Hard Rock, 2004-POP, OKW, Royal Pacific, CSR, 2006-Swan,
2007-POFQ, CBR, 2008 - Royal Pacific
2013 - Bonnet Creek Resort, All Star Movies, 2014 - POP, ASMu, CSR, POFQ, Swan. ASMu
taylor1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #1843
Protaras76
Earning My Ears

Working out getting from Sanford to WBCend if sept if I decide not to drive who do you recommend for transfers at a decent price???
Protaras76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1844
cttaylor2000
Earning My Ears

We just stayed in Tower 4 room 964. We had a fireworks view 3 bedroom. The room and view were both great. Room & everything was in great condition.
I purchased off ebay from kwksprop and everything went smooth.
This was our first time staying offsite will definitely stay at WBC again.
cttaylor2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #1845
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I'm going to miss WBC this summer. We are going to the Marriott Grande Vista instead. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I'm sort of having second thoughts though....we really LOVE the lazy rivers at WBC. Anyhow, it's time to try something new and my rental is non-refundable.