Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #781
pas130
DIS Veteran

Ginny I know, and I totally get it. But this has been my safe happy place...not so much anymore, JMHO. It's all good. I am just being oversensitive, and I am done here. Time to move on

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #782
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ginny I know, and I totally get it. But this has been my safe happy place...not so much anymore, JMHO. It's all good. I am just being oversensitive, and I am done here. Time to move on

You are leaving the thread?? But you are the queen! You can't go!

FWIW, We are staying BWV. I am thrilled about it - clown and all. My only hang up (and its a small one) is that I am not sure I am going to like the DVC resorts as much as a regular hotel room. I like the daily mousekeeping which we don't get in the studio.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #783
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No no no no... This is your safe happy place, and will always be. We love you, our ever-changing leader. A much-deserved break is just what us non-doctor people prescribe for what ails ya.

And my tarnished two cents, I'm hugely looking forward to our BWI stay: clowns, chairs and all. Ginny's spot on about the clown. In person? It's just a silly, slightly-cheesy (in a boardwalk sorta way!) looking clown on the end of the slide. Not bad at all, and totally keeping with the theme. (Love those little elephants too -- and the look to the Leaping Libations bar.) Honestly, the Epcot area just makes me in general. (Heck, I could even see us staying at the Swolphin in a pinch.)

Ginny: Thanks for the info about the Belle Vue. I've been meaning to check out their offerings. (I think it's also listed as a place to grab coffee/quick breakfast cold items?)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #784
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi Pas-Sending ginormous hugs out to ya! Missout wisely mentions below about a much deserved break, we understand. We will be here and looking forward to hearing about the latest news and changes of our beloved RC queen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
You are leaving the thread?? But you are the queen! You can't go!

FWIW, We are staying BWV. I am thrilled about it - clown and all. My only hang up (and its a small one) is that I am not sure I am going to like the DVC resorts as much as a regular hotel room. I like the daily mousekeeping which we don't get in the studio.
Hi Lacey, I think you will really like BWV. You guys will have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
No no no no... This is your safe happy place, and will always be. We love you, our ever-changing leader. A much-deserved break is just what us non-doctor people prescribe for what ails ya.

And my tarnished two cents, I'm hugely looking forward to our BWI stay: clowns, chairs and all. Ginny's spot on about the clown. In person? It's just a silly, slightly-cheesy (in a boardwalk sorta way!) looking clown on the end of the slide. Not bad at all, and totally keeping with the theme. (Love those little elephants too -- and the look to the Leaping Libations bar.) Honestly, the Epcot area just makes me in general. (Heck, I could even see us staying at the Swolphin in a pinch.)

Ginny: Thanks for the info about the Belle Vue. I've been meaning to check out their offerings. (I think it's also listed as a place to grab coffee/quick breakfast cold items?)
Hiya Miss-Very wise words. We love our RC queen!

The Belle Vue has yummy continental breakfasty items in the morning, and then drinks in the evenings...and lots of nice atmosphere all day long!

We love the easy walk to the International Gateway, the shops, it's all close from BWI. And even in rainy weather, it's not too bad getting around. There are lots of awnings to duck under on that side of Crescent Lake.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #785
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Coming off a crazy hot day here! Feels like 41 deg with the humidity! That's 105.8 F for my American friends!!!!!!! It's hell
That is terrible. It's not going to get any where near that hot here today. Our high today is only 91, which is oddly cool for this time of year. I'm not complaining, though, I am totally loving it.

Quote:
Magic We may see you at the Portofino...split stay may be in the works....

My DS4 told me the only ride he really can't wait to go on is Transformers..the family is plotting against me again....

Despite the BWI "creepy comments", I really am happy with my choice, forgive me for staying off the Dis because I was a little hurt by some of the clown comments.... Anyhow, not trying to be dramatic, just busy with the kids and all. I guess with all the bad that happened last week, the trip planning...well it is what it is. Hope all is well, and I'll report back after my trip perhaps.

Take care
I hope the rest of this week is better than last. I would love to hear about your trip. Hearing about y'alls trips make the wait for for my trip seem not so far away.

Quote:
Please don't leave. If you need to take a break, take one, but please come back. I'm sorry if you were upset by my creepy comments, but I really do have a phobia of clowns. Clowns really do creep me out, especially the black and white colored ones (because they remind me of mimes, which is another phobia). It's less about the movie/book "It" (although that is creepy as heck) and more about John Wayne Gacy.

If something is bothering you, just let us know. Especially if it's something that I am doing and I can stop. You are too important around here to lose over a few "creepy clown comments".

Besides, I am sure it is truly a beautiful resort and your family will have an amazing time there. Who knows, maybe a stay there, and seeing how the slide doesn't look at creepy in person, is something I can do to help me get over this phobia.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #786
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

If anyone wants some desensitization therapy, please come over to my little BWI/BWV thread anytime

We love you, Jeanette

ETA: Just clarifying that I meant desensitizing to clowns, not desensitizing in general. Just had to make that clear.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-03-2013 at 08:30 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #787
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jeanette

Don't leave us.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #788
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

That is terrible. It's not going to get any where near that hot here today. Our high today is only 91, which is oddly cool for this time of year. I'm not complaining, though, I am totally loving it.

I hope the rest of this week is better than last. I would love to hear about your trip. Hearing about y'alls trips make the wait for for my trip seem not so far away.

Please don't leave. If you need to take a break, take one, but please come back. I'm sorry if you were upset by my creepy comments, but I really do have a phobia of clowns. Clowns really do creep me out, especially the black and white colored ones (because they remind me of mimes, which is another phobia). It's less about the movie/book "It" (although that is creepy as heck) and more about John Wayne Gacy.

If something is bothering you, just let us know. Especially if it's something that I am doing and I can stop. You are too important around here to lose over a few "creepy clown comments".

Besides, I am sure it is truly a beautiful resort and your family will have an amazing time there. Who knows, maybe a stay there, and seeing how the slide doesn't look at creepy in person, is something I can do to help me get over this phobia.
Ditto from here!! I would actually love to stay at BWI!! Especially one of those 2 story little cottages!! :-) and since I've never seen it in person, all of my comments are really nothing to get upset about. :-) We all love you!! *hugs*
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #789
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ditto from here!! I would actually love to stay at BWI!! Especially one of those 2 story little cottages!! :-) and since I've never seen it in person, all of my comments are really nothing to get upset about. :-) We all love you!! *hugs*
Wow, hold your horses their a sec missy....you mean they have 2 story cottages at the BWI? I must do research on this. You may have just made the clown pool a non-issue.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #790
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette - you simply can't leave us ... I won't allow it You are the best and I love you.

And I KNOW you all will fall in love with what BWI has to offer... clown and all it is part the charm... and you have to visit DS' chair for me.... The water slide looks amazing! Some day I hope to stay there too.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #791
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Jeanette please be ok ... I'm worried .... Mama Linda
Old 07-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #792
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette: Hugs! This thread would not be what it is without you. Hope you come back after your trip. I will leave in protest too if you don't come back!! BTW I am jealous, if budget allowed we would be at Boardwalk too.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #793
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Just peeked at the thread. I know I've been a very bad RCer lately, but this thread is way too quick for me and I'm just never caught up any more.

pas - I'm sorry you are hurting. BWI is absolutely amazing. It ranks waaaay up there for me, clown pool and all. The slide is my kiddos favorite overall of any resort we have tried and the CL CMs are top notch

Miss - I just saw the Miss M pix. LOVE!

to all of you other lovely RC'ers!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #794
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Just peeked at the thread. I know I've been a very bad RCer lately, but this thread is way too quick for me and I'm just never caught up any more.

pas - I'm sorry you are hurting. BWI is absolutely amazing. It ranks waaaay up there for me, clown pool and all. The slide is my kiddos favorite overall of any resort we have tried and the CL CMs are top notch

Miss - I just saw the Miss M pix. LOVE!

to all of you other lovely RC'ers!
I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering where you were. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #795
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I was out today and come back to see my dear friend Jeanette feels she needs to take a break or maybe leave this thread? No No No

I need to go back and read to see what I missed BWI and negativity about the clown pool? ugh I am so very lost and upset.

Jeanette We love You

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: