Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #436
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I don't like the H2O products either. I get them and then put them into my "go bag" for decon/disaster team at work or our guest room (which people get really impressed.).
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #437
July171955
Earning My Ears

I guess I'm too late

I have never been on a Disney cruise, or any for that matter, and this is my first time on a Disney forum, or any , for that matter. I have however, been to DL and WDW several times, we are going to DL this weekend. I get 'looks' from my family for bringing home cups, mickey head plates form the child's menu(I have no young children). I either ask for them or 'find' them wherever someone else has left them. One of my fav is a plastic wine glass from DCA. I have complete sets. When we stayed at the Saratoga, I took all the paper plates home with me. We also self- toured the Grand Floridian (did not stay there) and asked for some of the shampoo, etc from the carts, and took a few extra. I was so happy to find this thread because my husband thinks I'm nuts.It's nice to know others think the same as I do. We are going on our first cruise together in Nov out of Galveston and I don't expect to change much before then. I will continue to bring back as much of whatever souveniers I can find, acquire, etc. I am not above dumpster diving. People throw away the most useful items! As far as the item in the stroller, all I can say is we all have our own standards. What I have done, someone else may not approve of, and vice versa. This is not a judging site, but a sharing site. I am happy to be here. And can't wait for my cruise experience
July171955 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #438
Fantasiesabound
Mouseketeer

I don't like the H2O products for my hair, but I LOVE the body butter!

I do horde them though.

I have a new confession (to try and keep the thread going) that seems to get weird looks when I do it each cruise - I don't like wearing my bathing suit onto the ship on embarkation day, so I just bring it packed and then change into it in the bathroom by the pool. I actually don't know why this gets weird looks - I DO go into the stall, for Pete's sake - but each and every time I always get some weird glances as I walk out with my clothes in hand and a suit and cover up on.

Link to some of my scrapbooking pics from our 2006 Cruise:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=326
07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608
Fantasiesabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #439
Jerseymomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydaymathchick View Post
Ok that's hilarious! Were you sure you weren't just giving back the items you got to the ppl who gave them to you? ;-)

I'll confess: I was going to participate in the FE group on our last cruise, but the idea of making a FE & presents for everyone stressed me out so much that I dropped out! Too much pressure to make something cute!

I confess the same! I really wanted to participate in the FE exchange but just couldn't think of something cute and then to make 20-30 of them and get them on the ship and then deliver them. it just became to much for me.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #440
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfuentes1098 View Post
Ok, I'll confess, too. I don't like the H2O + shampoo, either. Love the body butter, though. I also have zero interest in Palo or Remy (gasp!). Why pay extra money for it when I'm already getting good food and great service in MDR?
Yea. I've not done Palo or Remy either and don't have a huge interest. I don't think for me that it's really money as I like to eat meals with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
I don't like the H2O products either. I get them and then put them into my "go bag" for decon/disaster team at work or our guest room (which people get really impressed.).
I bring back a few for our women's shelter who provide items to women and their children who have moved out suddenly and have very little to get started with. I figure the kids will like the "Mickey" stuff and can use some happiness in their lives. We don't bring back a lot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofthreeboys View Post
Noooooo!!!!

I was just getting ready to confess that I have regifted some of my FE gifts to other FE's!!!
Never regifted to other FEs, but I do leave a lot of the candy/snacks (unless they are regional to the gifter and we want to try something new) for the room host/hostess and youth activity cm's. We don't eat much candy and I don't want to bring it back.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #441
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofthreeboys View Post

Noooooo!!!!

I was just getting ready to confess that I have regifted some of my FE gifts to other FE's!!!
Me too!!! I do it from cruise to cruise tho, not on the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #442
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

Me too!!! I do it from cruise to cruise tho, not on the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
This. ^^^
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #443
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by July171955 View Post
I have never been on a Disney cruise, or any for that matter, and this is my first time on a Disney forum, or any , for that matter. I have however, been to DL and WDW several times, we are going to DL this weekend. I get 'looks' from my family for bringing home cups, mickey head plates form the child's menu(I have no young children). I either ask for them or 'find' them wherever someone else has left them. One of my fav is a plastic wine glass from DCA. I have complete sets. When we stayed at the Saratoga, I took all the paper plates home with me. We also self- toured the Grand Floridian (did not stay there) and asked for some of the shampoo, etc from the carts, and took a few extra. I was so happy to find this thread because my husband thinks I'm nuts.It's nice to know others think the same as I do. We are going on our first cruise together in Nov out of Galveston and I don't expect to change much before then. I will continue to bring back as much of whatever souveniers I can find, acquire, etc. I am not above dumpster diving. People throw away the most useful items! As far as the item in the stroller, all I can say is we all have our own standards. What I have done, someone else may not approve of, and vice versa. This is not a judging site, but a sharing site. I am happy to be here. And can't wait for my cruise experience
WELCOME!

I posted earlier that I can't stand to throw anything away that has a DCL logo on it. Matches, pens and even those paper cover things they put on the glasses in the stateroom!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #444
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdown
It was fun while it lasted.

Nobody was hurt or put in danger and it didn't directly impact you, so why the need to call someone out?

Stealing is bad. We all know that. But if you're going to comment on that one, why not all the other confessions of theft. Plates, glasses, H2O products, etc. I'm guessing those items had about the same dollar value as the items taken by that small child.

My guess is that you just didn't like the "tone" of that post. Maybe because the items were taken from a shop versus the dining room? Either way, sad reason to spoil the thread.
Word!...sorry if I took over the thread earlier, debbie downers irritate me..on to the confessions!

The fe regifting is HI-larious! What do people really do with all that stuff!!??!!
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #445
Cptnkirky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasiesabound View Post

I have a new confession (to try and keep the thread going) that seems to get weird looks when I do it each cruise - I don't like wearing my bathing suit onto the ship on embarkation day, so I just bring it packed and then change into it in the bathroom by the pool. I actually don't know why this gets weird looks - I DO go into the stall, for Pete's sake - but each and every time I always get some weird glances as I walk out with my clothes in hand and a suit and cover up on.
Wonder why? This is what my family and I have done on all cruises for over 20 years.... strange! Who wants to wear their bathing suit all day, through a flight, bus trip to the port, checkin, lunch, etc; with the possibility it might be raining!? not me

Cast Member 2003-2009
BCV May 2014
AoA/DCLF Oct 2013
ASM/SSR June 2012
PQRS Aug 2011
VWL May 2010
SSR Sept 2009
POR June 2009
AKL May 2009
SSR Aug 2008
VBR March 2008
CSR Feb 2007
and many more.... CBR, POFQ, etc, etc, etc...
Cptnkirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #446
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelthenspeak View Post

Word!...sorry if I took over the thread earlier, debbie downers irritate me..on to the confessions!

The fe regifting is HI-larious! What do people really do with all that stuff!!??!!
Moving on while name calling?
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #447
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

My confession is that I ignore what other people are wearing in the MDR's. I don't know if anyone is wearing shorts, tank tops, or slippers. I'm perfectly ok with wearing a suit while others around me dine in their robes.

P.S. Mods, please don't close.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #448
DCLcruisefan
Avid Cruiser

Okay, I'll admit it. I was young and I cried while disembarking my first Disney cruise, which was also my very first cruise.
DCLcruisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #449
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

My confession:

I don't like dressing up for dinner. I do it in a tolerant way but I don't enjoy it. In January we spent the bucks and bought formals. Yes, BOUGHT. 3 tuxes and a gown. We had 3 cruises for this year so we figured it was a safe investment of the money. Riiiiight. We wore the formals for about an hour on our January cruise for pics. We then unanimously decided it wasn't worth the discomfort, changed back to shorts, & hit up Topsiders for dinner. We didn't even bother hauling the stuff on our May cruise. Hubby & I won't be bringing that mess with us in September and I highly doubt any of it sees the outside of my closet on Allure in November.

I don't like how long MDR dinners take. So many other things I'd rather be doing.

Let the flaming begin.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #450
kuhltiffany
Mouseketeer

We have 2 food allergies in our family (one can be fatal), so most of the food/candy I find in our FE we can't use. On each cruise we've taken, I've discovered FE's not on our Cruise sign-ups when I'm out delivering. I take note of these and drop our candy into those...

kuhltiffany is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: