Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhorselover View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions!!
Sounds like we will definitely have to go with Raglan Road on Friday...any tips about that particular restaurant? Best time to make ADRs for, ect
According to the Raglan Road website, the Irish Dancing starts at about 5:00 pm and runs until 10:00 pm. There is also a live band that performs at roughly the same time. If you want to see the dancing and the band, you'll need to be seated in the main room. There is a side room (to the left when you enter the main room); but you really won't be able to see much of the dancing or the band if you're seated in there. I don't know if RR will you request a room, but it's something to keep in mind if you really want to (or don't want to) be seated where you can watch the show.

In terms of food, there is a lot of really good items. I like the scallop forest or Calamari City appetizers, the Fish and Chips or Sod the Stew (Guinness beef stew) or Raglan Risotto for entree, and the Jaffa Dunbrody Kiss for dessert. If you like chocolate, the Dunbrody Kiss is awesome!

Here's a link to the entertainment schedule:
http://www.raglanroad.com/entertainment
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

It seems RR is the most popular DTD eatery on this thread, but I've got a question for any T-Rex fans around here. How does it compare to a Rainforest Cafe? It looks very similar to Rainforest (concept wise) which makes me a little concerned because I am NOT a Rainforest fan. Thoughts?

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
mrsarbogast
Earning My Ears

I really like RR but as this trip is for my dd... We're doing rainforest cafe. If imagine that T. rex is very similar.

Haven't been to a RFC since Arizona about 10 years ago so I'm fine with the chaos. lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
(Dd)Kayleigh-15~
(Dd)Emalee-12~
& the newest Princess-Lexie 4already
mrsarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

We thought T-Rex (last week) was better than Rainforest (at AK). The setting/theming is much more involved, the meteor shower is really neat. The mushroom ravioli with lobster sauce was amazing. The service was a bit slow, but we weren't in any hurry after scoring a 5:00 walk up at the end of June in the pouring rain. Much preferred to Rainforest.

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #20
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post

According to the Raglan Road website, the Irish Dancing starts at about 5:00 pm and runs until 10:00 pm. There is also a live band that performs at roughly the same time. If you want to see the dancing and the band, you'll need to be seated in the main room. There is a side room (to the left when you enter the main room); but you really won't be able to see much of the dancing or the band if you're seated in there. I don't know if RR will you request a room, but it's something to keep in mind if you really want to (or don't want to) be seated where you can watch the show.

In terms of food, there is a lot of really good items. I like the scallop forest or Calamari City appetizers, the Fish and Chips or Sod the Stew (Guinness beef stew) or Raglan Risotto for entree, and the Jaffa Dunbrody Kiss for dessert. If you like chocolate, the Dunbrody Kiss is awesome!

Here's a link to the entertainment schedule:
http://www.raglanroad.com/entertainment

On my last trip, just this past May, they let us request a room. . We showed up for our ADR, and were brought to that side room, I simply asked if maybe we could get a seat with a view of the stage... They were happy to relocate us, we just waited a few extra minutes... Also, I had the Shepherd's Pie... OMG amazing lol.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #21
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Someone mentioned Paradiso 37 - we went there last December and it was good! Some of the best appetizers I've ever had. Only have TS we've been do in DTD is Rainforest Café which is good but "normal" food like burgers and stuff and the atmosphere isn't too special. But the food is good and you leave feeling full.

As for the MK sit downs, Ohana has actually been disappointed the past few meals we've had there so we don't rush there anymore. Had an ok experience at Whispering Canyon. I wasn't a big fan of the menu. Kona Café was good when we went, but its same as other cafes at WDW, simple menus so don't expect fancy food. GF Café same as Kona.

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #22
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Another for Raglan Road! Its a fun place - more adult too if you are not traveling with children
Tinkerboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

I really think that both Raglan Road and 'Ohana are don't-misses if you have never been. We tried RR on our last trip and I was just kinda "meh" on it but needed a DTD dinner that night, so booked an ADR on a whim. OH MY GOODNESS!! It was incredibly delicious. But it is LOUD... our waiter told us (well, yelled to us) that they have to learn to read lips to work there. Ha, ha. Really fun atmosphere though, and did I mention that the food is amazing?! As for 'Ohana, yeah it's an obvious choice, but it's also very, very yummy, a great spot for Wishes, and you and your sis should have a great time sipping on lapu lapus.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
mrsarbogast
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
I really think that both Raglan Road and 'Ohana are don't-misses if you have never been. We tried RR on our last trip and I was just kinda "meh" on it but needed a DTD dinner that night, so booked an ADR on a whim. OH MY GOODNESS!! It was incredibly delicious. But it is LOUD... our waiter told us (well, yelled to us) that they have to learn to read lips to work there. Ha, ha. Really fun atmosphere though, and did I mention that the food is amazing?! As for 'Ohana, yeah it's an obvious choice, but it's also very, very yummy, a great spot for Wishes, and you and your sis should have a great time sipping on lapu lapus.
Both favorites!!!! Good suggestions.
(Dd)Kayleigh-15~
(Dd)Emalee-12~
& the newest Princess-Lexie 4already
mrsarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsarbogast View Post
Both favorites!!!! Good suggestions.
Does anyone have time suggestion to book Ohana? We'd like to watch Wishes from the beach after grabbing some Dole Whips. What time should we try to get an ADR for to have time to do all that?

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: