Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
OFF2NVRLAND
Earning My Ears

End Zone Food Court refurbishment

I am planning a trip for early Nov and wanted to stay at All Star Movies for my kids. I just read that All Star Sports' food court will be closed and that their guests will be provided transportation to the other All Star food courts. Now I'm worried that our food court will be over crowded and considering changing to Pop Century. I know my kids will enjoy ASMovies more, just wondering if anyone else has been there under these circumstances before or had any advice.
Thanks
OFF2NVRLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I do not know of this having happened before, but I could be wrong.

IMHO more people are going to eat in the parks rather than the other AS resorts.

Just FYI-I am staying at Movies next month and I will post info/opinions when I get back.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
TrentzMom
Earning My Ears

We will be at ASSp in 36 days (not that I'm counting down or anything). We have been told by CMs during booking and then got a letter in the mail in the last few weeks reminding us of the food court closure. We don't plan on using any of the food courts...eating in the parks or snacks in our rooms. I might just have to walk over one day and see what it's like.
**June 1996 - Contemporary***July 2005 - Off-Site****August 2009 - 10th Anniversary Trip with All the Family @ Saratoga Springs****August 2012 - 13th Anniversary Trip (just the 2 of us) @ All-Star Music****August 2013 - @ All-Star Sports** **December 2013 - Band Trip @ Saratoga Springs (The band stayed at ASMusic)*****August 2014 - 15th Anniversary Trip @ Dolphin******June 2015 - Youth Group Trip @ TBD***

TrentzMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Ugh! That sounds like a real PITA! And, yes, I think the food courts at the other resorts will be crowded. A lot of people who stay at the All Star Resorts eat at their food courts making them already pretty busy.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
MomToOne
DIS Veteran

We're staying at Music in August and while I figure the food court will be more crowded than normal, I've decided not to stress about it.

The worst time at the Value food courts seems to be breakfast - to avoid the possible madhouse, we are just bringing foods to eat in the rooms this year. We're not really big pancakes or eggs people, so we'd usually end up with muffins and oatmeal or cereal anyway. That stuff is easy enough to pack and bring along.

As far as lunch and dinner go, I don't remember ever encountering really bad crowds in the food court at those times in the past. I think more people eat at the parks for those meals, and the folks who do eat at the hotel spread their times out more. So I think the food court can absorb more people for those meals without being a horrible experience. I expect it to be more crowded, but I'm hopeful it will still be manageable. If it's not, we'll just eat more meals in the parks.

Sports is also setting up a "grab and go" area where folks will be able to get cold foods to go. I think a fair number of the people staying there will take that option as opposed to going over to the Movies or Music food courts, just because it's simpler and faster.

Last edited by MomToOne; 07-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.
MomToOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToOne View Post
We're staying at Music in August and while I figure the food court will be more crowded than normal, I've decided not to stress about it.

The worst time at the Value food courts seems to be breakfast - to avoid the possible madhouse, we are just bringing foods to eat in the rooms this year. We're not really big pancakes or eggs people, so we'd usually end up with muffins and oatmeal or cereal anyway. That stuff is easy enough to pack and bring along.

As far as lunch and dinner go, I don't remember ever encountering really bad crowds in the food court at those times in the past. I think more people eat at the parks for those meals, and the folks who do eat at the hotel spread their times out more. So I think the food court can absorb more people for those meals without being a horrible experience. I expect it to be more crowded, but I'm hopeful it will still be manageable. If it's not, we'll just eat more meals in the parks.

Sports is also setting up a "grab and go" area where folks will be able to get cold foods to go. I think a fair number of the people staying there will take that option as opposed to going over to the Movies or Music food courts, just because it's simpler and faster.
You are absolutely spot on! Breakfast is a zoo unless you go really early. The other meals are busy at typical meal times, but do tend to be pretty quiet on the off hours. Have fun!

I just saw that they are making the arcade area the temporary Grab 'n Go area. That is a pretty big room, so I am willing to bet they will have quite a bit of stuff there.

Last edited by Alexander; 07-03-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
thepita
Earning My Ears

I will be staying at all star sports in December. Has anyone stayed there recently that can describe if they are possibly ahead of schedule for the re-opening date?
thepita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepita
I will be staying at all star sports in December. Has anyone stayed there recently that can describe if they are possibly ahead of schedule for the re-opening date?
People staying there now have reported CMs at Sports are saying they are on schedule.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

Just back yesterday,I peeked in the food ct they are refurbishing, I could only see the floor which didn't look done yet and some booths that were covered in paper. I didn't ask if they were on schedule. It was a very quick walk to music and they have buses for movies as well, which seems a little less crowded.
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I hope they finish the new Food Court at Sports early in time for Pop Warner Week.

If not,I don't think Intermission Food Court is going to be a pretty sight that week!lol
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: