Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #31
Spunky946
DIS Veteran
 
Spunky946's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrero121 View Post
South hills. Of Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzergirl View Post
Also South Hills, Pgh. Looks like we could do our own meet here
I'm in mt. Lebanon.
__________________
Spunky946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #32
wereallwet
Earning My Ears
 
wereallwet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 45

Would anybody be interested in a Pittsburgh dis meet/pin trading event at some point? I'd like to organize one in the future.
__________________
Disney Premier Visa Card Member | WDW AP
Disney pin collector!
DisneyPinsBlog.com
wereallwet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #33
mssong85
Mouseketeer
 
mssong85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereallwet
Would anybody be interested in a Pittsburgh dis meet/pin trading event at some point? I'd like to organize one in the future.
I don't do pin trading, but I would love to meet! I do make water bottles if anyone wants to Craft Swap.
__________________
Me DHDD(3)
mssong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #34
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!
 
It'sWDW4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Way too far away from "home"
Posts: 3,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
PA here too...Lehigh Valley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
Lehigh valley as well :-)
Me too!
__________________

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #35
jodi7966
Earning My Ears
 
jodi7966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5

Lancaster County Pa just on the Berks and Chester county lines too
jodi7966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #36
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad
 
myhouseofmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: quakertown, Pa
Posts: 828

I figured this would be a good place to ask fellow Pa Disney world drivers. I am planning our first "Driving to the world" trip this coming Fall. Has anyone here drove to Disney from here in Pa??? If so any tips and/or helpful advise for someone who is doing it for the first time?
__________________
Dec 2013 AOA & POR Dec 2011 Pop Century Sept 2010 Riverside Dec 2009 Pop Dec 2008 Pop Aug 2007 Sports Dec 2006 Music Dec 2005 Movies Dec 2004 Music Dec 2003 Contemporary Dec 2002 B.W.
myhouseofmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #37
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrero121

Where in south hills
We are in Washington county...
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #38
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse
I figured this would be a good place to ask fellow Pa Disney world drivers. I am planning our first "Driving to the world" trip this coming Fall. Has anyone here drove to Disney from here in Pa??? If so any tips and/or helpful advise for someone who is doing it for the first time?
We have driven three times. The most recent memorial day weekend. we leave in the late afternoon and drive all night. We usually arrive in Orlando around ten am.
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #39
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad
 
myhouseofmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: quakertown, Pa
Posts: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701 View Post
We have driven three times. The most recent memorial day weekend. we leave in the late afternoon and drive all night. We usually arrive in Orlando around ten am.
Yeah, we are planning on leaving Thanksgiving around 5-6pm and driving straight thru. I have done the drive when I was younger (before kids) but thinking leaving and driving over night would be a good idea with the kids, hoping they sleep some of the night away.
__________________
Dec 2013 AOA & POR Dec 2011 Pop Century Sept 2010 Riverside Dec 2009 Pop Dec 2008 Pop Aug 2007 Sports Dec 2006 Music Dec 2005 Movies Dec 2004 Music Dec 2003 Contemporary Dec 2002 B.W.
myhouseofmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #40
disney_girl125
Mouseketeer
 
disney_girl125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 413

I drove in February and i'm going to again in August. In February I left at 3am and I arrived in wdw at 8:30pm. I even ran into some snow on the way down which slowed things up. We only stopped to get gas, use bathroom, and one quick fast food stop for lunch. We ate dinner when we arrived.
As for the return trip we took the auto train. I prefer to drive so next time i'm driving both ways. I booked a hotel about 5 hours from wdw for the return this time. I figure we'll stay at the parks our last day until around 5pm. Then drive 5 hours. The next day we'll just have around 12 to do. Going down i'm going to drive straight through again.
disney_girl125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #41
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse

Yeah, we are planning on leaving Thanksgiving around 5-6pm and driving straight thru. I have done the drive when I was younger (before kids) but thinking leaving and driving over night would be a good idea with the kids, hoping they sleep some of the night away.
Ours always sleep almost the entire trip and when not sleeping they watch TV or play on their electronics.
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #42
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad
 
myhouseofmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: quakertown, Pa
Posts: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl125 View Post
I drove in February and i'm going to again in August. In February I left at 3am and I arrived in wdw at 8:30pm. I even ran into some snow on the way down which slowed things up. We only stopped to get gas, use bathroom, and one quick fast food stop for lunch. We ate dinner when we arrived.
As for the return trip we took the auto train. I prefer to drive so next time i'm driving both ways. I booked a hotel about 5 hours from wdw for the return this time. I figure we'll stay at the parks our last day until around 5pm. Then drive 5 hours. The next day we'll just have around 12 to do. Going down i'm going to drive straight through again.

We also are planning on leaving the world around 5pm for our trip home. The plan is the same as yours drive 5 to 6 hours then spend the night somewhere and finish the drive back the following day. Do you have a favorite stop off place/hotel or just something that you stop at when you get tired???
__________________
Dec 2013 AOA & POR Dec 2011 Pop Century Sept 2010 Riverside Dec 2009 Pop Dec 2008 Pop Aug 2007 Sports Dec 2006 Music Dec 2005 Movies Dec 2004 Music Dec 2003 Contemporary Dec 2002 B.W.
myhouseofmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #43
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,168

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse

We also are planning on leaving the world around 5pm for our trip home. The plan is the same as yours drive 5 to 6 hours then spend the night somewhere and finish the drive back the following day. Do you have a favorite stop off place/hotel or just something that you stop at when you get tired???
We stayed in troutville va if you are traveling 26-77-81 route. If was a red roof inn very clean and 80 for a Saturday night. Several other hotels on that exit too
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #44
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad
 
myhouseofmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: quakertown, Pa
Posts: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
We stayed in troutville va if you are traveling 26-77-81 route. If was a red roof inn very clean and 80 for a Saturday night. Several other hotels on that exit too
Planning on doing 95. but thanks for the info
__________________
Dec 2013 AOA & POR Dec 2011 Pop Century Sept 2010 Riverside Dec 2009 Pop Dec 2008 Pop Aug 2007 Sports Dec 2006 Music Dec 2005 Movies Dec 2004 Music Dec 2003 Contemporary Dec 2002 B.W.
myhouseofmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #45
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran
 
dansyr2514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 2,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post

Me too!
Yay!!!
__________________
dansyr2514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.