Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #2626
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post

How did you get FD for Nov? We love going in Nov, and this is the first year we are actually hoping not to get FD. We live POFQ and are hopeful the gap in time that we are going that doesn't have FD will result in much lower crowd levels!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
A Free dining promo starts 11/11
Old 07-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #2627
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You know, I think you'll probably just be OK...

The official POFQ Lobby re-opening is currently scheduled for Monday 15th July, with services starting to transition back over from Friday 12th July onward.

Andre
Since the lobby refurb is almost complete, any word if Elliott Dyson is returning to Scat Cat's Club?
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #2628
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Just back from my first stay at POFQ June 27-July 2. I have to say going into this trip I was nervous, because I really did not feel like the resort was my taste. But supriseingly I really liked it. I was in building 6. Room 6301, it is a corner room facing the gardens. I had 2 queens. I know I had read on here before leaving that all corner rooms were kings.
This resort really is compact. Nothing really is more than a 4-5 minute walk, and I was not walking fast at all. As far as the bus situation, the only time we shared was going to DTD, and POR was always first pick-up and drop-off. And we also shared one morning going to Epcot. Pofq is truly a romantic resort. I would not hesitate to stay again.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #2629
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
A Free dining promo starts 11/11
Is this a PIN or a public offer?
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #2630
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Since the lobby refurb is almost complete, any word if Elliott Dyson is returning to Scat Cat's Club?
Heard through friends that Elliott is not supposed to come back. We will miss him so much. We always visited POFQ even when we were not staying there on all our trip to WDW just to listen to him. Disney really did a bad thing getting rid of him.

We are supposed to stay there in November and it will not be the same.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #2631
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

According to Elliot, his contract was terminated and he is not coming back. He is supposed to let us know if anything changes or if he will be performing anywhere else around Orlando in the evenings.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #2632
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
I know I had read on here before leaving that all corner rooms were kings.
No, you read that all of the King Bed rooms are located on corners - not that all of the corner rooms have King Beds. i.e. there are more corners than Kings!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #2633
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in today for 5 nights!! Hoping for building 5 and we paid for a king bed!

TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #2634
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, you read that all of the King Bed rooms are located on corners - not that all of the corner rooms have King Beds. i.e. there are more corners than Kings!

Andre
Thanks, for clarifying.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #2635
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Well, I went ahead and booked POFQ for Thanksgiving week! We have only ever stayed at WL and BC. I hope we love POFQ! I really really did not want to book without a discount. We arrive the Thursday night before Thanksgiving so if there is a free dining promotion then we would most likely arrive in time. I just don't feel good paying for these inflated prices, I don't feel like I am getting a very good deal
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #2636
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

checked in at 10:45am (online check-in 10am) and our room was ready! We got our request for building 5 and the same room we've had twice already this year! I love walking out the door and seeing the beautiful river!! Building 5 seems a little busy but the real test will be the food court tomorrow!

went to DTD by way of boat which took 20 mins to get on the boat. When we left, the boats were closed bc of the weather so we took a bus which took just over an hour. Next time we will drive, lol. Other than that, it has been a good day!! The lobby refurb is blocked and can't see anything. The CM had us sit at a table and chairs outside the bar while she got our packet. It went very smoothly!

TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #2637
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope Elliot's back but it didn't sound promising when I called and asked POFQ
Old 07-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #2638
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
According to Elliot, his contract was terminated and he is not coming back. He is supposed to let us know if anything changes or if he will be performing anywhere else around Orlando in the evenings.
This is sad to hear. I was hoping that he might return after the refurb of the check-in area was completed. It will be interesting to see if POFQ gets new entertainment in the lounge or if this change was just another overall cutback.

Last edited by crazy4wdw; 07-04-2013 at 09:16 AM.
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #2639
Vickie1016
Mouseketeer

Laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Just want to remind you that the laundry area is updated and you must use a credit card / debit card / Visa gift card, etc. now (no coins or cash) to pay for your laundry. Your KTTW will not work either.
Do you know if a Disney Gift card is accepted? (I already have my quarters packed...lol)
Vickie1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #2640
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Well, I went ahead and booked POFQ for Thanksgiving week! We have only ever stayed at WL and BC. I hope we love POFQ! I really really did not want to book without a discount. We arrive the Thursday night before Thanksgiving so if there is a free dining promotion then we would most likely arrive in time. I just don't feel good paying for these inflated prices, I don't feel like I am getting a very good deal
You might see if AAA is offering discounts, assuming you are a member. We booked our June stay on Orbitz for POFQ, better discount than offered through Disney at the time, and had no problems at all.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: