Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

June 27, 2013

Debarkation

Hilton Diagonal

We hear Mickey on the phone for the last time.

We have 8:00 am breakfast at Lumiere's, so we get a 6:45 am wake up call. So hard to get out of bed! Somehow we struggle up, wash up, and pack up our overnight and last minute stuff. A few last checks of the stateroom before we leave our "home" for the last 12 days, and then out the door at 7:50. We say a sad "goodbye" to Aldo, who is already cleaning out rooms on our way down the hall.

We head to Lumiere's, get omelets and eggs benedict, and say goodbye to Valentin and Erwin. After taking some pictures, we gather our things, drop off that survey that they want so much, and head out the atrium where we are scanned off for the last time.

We head over to the luggage claim area, and get our bags, then through security and out to the buses. The Disney folks are out in force, and they direct us to the bus that is loading for the Hilton Diagonal Mar. We head over there, drop off our bags to be stored underneath, and get on.

That's where we met . . . the old lady from hell.

On the bus from the ship to the hotel after the cruise, the 9:00 bus had the audacity to wait until around 9:30 for the last ones off the ship. Old lady from hell was sitting in the front, and as each person came on the bus, happy with the glow of a wonderful cruise, she would bark at them "YOU'RE LATE!!! HURRY UP!! WE ARE ALL WAITING!!!" WTH? Check-in isn't until 3 pm at the Hilton, so what's her rush?

A family tried to be nice to old lady from hell, and asked her, "Did you enjoy your cruise?"
Her response: "Yes, but I wouldn't have, if I ran into people like you."

At the hotel, old lady from hell demands that the Disney hospitality people get her bags off the bus, instead of the porters, so that she doesn't have to tip.

In the check-in line, old lady from hell has someone hold her place, which is unfortunately right behind us. When we are at the desk, old lady from hell comes charging up, throws some Hilton card on the counter, and screams at a trainee, "You don't have any idea what you are doing, do you?" The other desk clerk quickly says, "No, he's in training". My husband, who at this point can't help it, says "He's in training, and YOU have lost your place, so go to the back of the line!!!" Old lady from hell quickly gets back behind us and shuts up, at least for a while.

We get checked in, and were able to get connecting rooms this time! Both are empty, but are not cleaned yet, so we go and wait in the lobby. We also checked in at the Disney Hospitality Desk, and were given a 7:15 am bus for our flight back the next day. Around noon, we check again, and one of the two rooms are ready, so we all head up there. After another couple of hours, we check again, and the other one is ready too, so the kids get their keys, and the luggage is delivered.

Some families planned Barcelona trips to see La Sagrada Familia and Montserrat.
We just crashed. We slept and slept.

We got up for dinner, and decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. It is small but the food was good. We saw several other cruisers there, including a family from West Virginia, Tara (Tozzie), and a mom with two girls. Unfortunately, the old lady from hell was there too! She raises her hand and screams for the wait staff multiple times (for water, bread, where's her food, how much orange is in the orange/chocolate mousse, she wants her check, etc.) She says, "You need more ink in your printer, I can't read this bill. Is the service included? Because the service was terrible!" She is complaining about not having a BUTTER KNIFE . She demands the manager, and says, "The food is good, but the service was terrible, and I won't be coming back here" at which, the entire restaurant, which was all Disney cruisers, immediately erupted in loud cheers and applause.

DD goes and talks to Tozzie for quite a bit - she is such a sweetheart! We vow to NEVER become like that old hag! (I'm sorry if this is coming off as harsh, but she was really something - I truly hope I never see her again!)

We head off to bed after dinner.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa

Last edited by Deb in IA; 07-11-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: