Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #16
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

We went to CSR in June. I have never been to the Wilderness Lodge (I am guessing that is what WL stands for?). I actually slightly preferred the CBR to CSR. What I liked about CSR was the pool and the playground. They had an awesome pool with a really cool waterslide but I think WL has a great pool as well never been. The bus service was great except for one day where it was terrible (40 minutes wait for Epcot bus). Other people had some issues though.
It is really close to AK. The food options are horrible, disorganized and poorly laid out. The lake is beautiful.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

We've been to both.

WL -
Loved being so close to the bus and coming home to lantern lit walkway and on in and up to room. So close. I also loved the quiet native American flute music on the way back at night time in the bus. We did take the boat ride over to MK, and it was fun, but it seemed to me that it took a tiny bit longer than the bus ride over.

The counter service had a very tiny seating area. Also no mickey waffles there that I recall. But you can get mickey waffles at the table service there at WL. You should try to do breakfast there at least once. We really enjoyed the breakfast skillet. My husband got a fine looking ommlette.

The pool here at WL seemed to be full...there were less people in the Villas pool which is just around the corner.

CSR
It is a little more walking here compared to WL. However, not as big as CBR. There's only 3 villages here. We were in Casitas. We are going again and paying extra for the preferred location so we can get Casitas again. My husband said the main pool here was warmer than the one at WL.

The bus service was fine, but it was a bit further to walk back to our room compared to WL.

We loved Pepper Market. It had the different areas to get different foods. Lots of seating. You can get the Mickey waffles here.

I did not feel we were quite so close to our room here though. Like at WL, after breakfast, we could take the elevator back up to our room and brush our teeth before getting the bus to a park. At CSR Pepper Market, we hit the restroom and headed straight to the bus and did not take the walk back to our room.

I love the lobby area of the WL. I loved that we got a standard room in the north wing. We could see the fireworks in the distance at MK. No noise in our hallway.

Also if this is important...WL gift shop sells loaves of bread which we purchased to make our son PB sandwiches. CSR gift shop does not have loaves.

Does any of that help?
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
We've been to both.

WL -
Loved being so close to the bus and coming home to lantern lit walkway and on in and up to room. So close. I also loved the quiet native American flute music on the way back at night time in the bus. We did take the boat ride over to MK, and it was fun, but it seemed to me that it took a tiny bit longer than the bus ride over.

The counter service had a very tiny seating area. Also no mickey waffles there that I recall. But you can get mickey waffles at the table service there at WL. You should try to do breakfast there at least once. We really enjoyed the breakfast skillet. My husband got a fine looking ommlette.

The pool here at WL seemed to be full...there were less people in the Villas pool which is just around the corner.

CSR
It is a little more walking here compared to WL. However, not as big as CBR. There's only 3 villages here. We were in Casitas. We are going again and paying extra for the preferred location so we can get Casitas again. My husband said the main pool here was warmer than the one at WL.

The bus service was fine, but it was a bit further to walk back to our room compared to WL.

We loved Pepper Market. It had the different areas to get different foods. Lots of seating. You can get the Mickey waffles here.

I did not feel we were quite so close to our room here though. Like at WL, after breakfast, we could take the elevator back up to our room and brush our teeth before getting the bus to a park. At CSR Pepper Market, we hit the restroom and headed straight to the bus and did not take the walk back to our room.

I love the lobby area of the WL. I loved that we got a standard room in the north wing. We could see the fireworks in the distance at MK. No noise in our hallway.

Also if this is important...WL gift shop sells loaves of bread which we purchased to make our son PB sandwiches. CSR gift shop does not have loaves.

Does any of that help?
Seems like a great comparison of the two resorts.

For what it's worth, there are Mickey Waffles at Roaring Fork, you just get them from a different line than the breakfast platters. The seating area is small, which will affect you during crowded times. I often make a run down from the room in the morning to grab mug refills and a plate of Mickey Waffles that we then enjoy in the room. Mmmm waffles
GrandCalifornian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #19
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Seems like a great comparison of the two resorts.

For what it's worth, there are Mickey Waffles at Roaring Fork, you just get them from a different line than the breakfast platters. The seating area is small, which will affect you during crowded times. I often make a run down from the room in the morning to grab mug refills and a plate of Mickey Waffles that we then enjoy in the room. Mmmm waffles
Oh my word, how did I miss them in 2010? Glad they have them. Thanks for letting me know.

We really did love WL, but we had a much shorter trip that year because of it. For us, a moderate means getting to stay more nights.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
flamark
Mouseketeer

Another vote for WL! It is a beautiful resort. The only reason it's not one of our top resorts is that the rooms only hold 4 people. The CSR on the other hand is our least favorite Disney resort aside from the AllStars. I think you wouldn't regret it one bit if you upgraded to WL!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
blanq
A 42 year old fan of Peter Pan's Flight and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
There are some days I can't even remember my own phone number

I have stayed at both CSR and WL, and although both have pros and cons, I would choose WL anyway. BTW, the Pepper Market is truly awful (DS claimed it was worse than school hot lunch).
blanq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: