Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Inaugural Magic Cruise to Greece and Turkey - June 15 - 27;DONE with pictures!!

This is the same cruise as MinnieDiva's and abayaflowers, so there may be some redundancies.

I thought I would start this, but probably won't be able to finish it for a while!

Here is the pre-cruise information:

The family - me Deb, DH Eric (who was celebrating his birthday on June 17), DD Jennifer age 22, and DS Mark age 18.

We had planned this to celebrate DS's high school graduation and DD's college graduation, until she decided to add a minor and extend college for another year, and our 25th wedding anniversary later this year (September).

This is our 5th DCL cruise - our last one was last summer to Alaska on the Wonder, and before that, we were on the Dream for a 5 night double dip in August, 2011.

We flew out of Des Moines, Iowa for the first time because we had fewer segments to fly on United - we did Des Moines to Newark, and then Newark to Barcelona. We were supposed to do the same on the way back, but it got badly messed up - more on that later.

We did the Disney pre and post cruise hotel and ground transfers, but booked air on our own, because we used frequent flyers for 2 of our tickets.

The plan:
I had planned to stay in Barcelona 2 days before the cruise, to do some sightseeing and to get adjusted to the time change, and this strategy worked well for us.

I also planned one night in the same hotel after the cruise, to repack (getting all those gels and liquids into the checked luggage, etc) and to SLEEP!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa

Last edited by Deb in IA; 07-11-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: