Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #256
WeeVee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34

Preview Dinner

Anyone get tickets to the preview dinner? It sold out within seconds.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #257
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,947

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVee View Post
Anyone get tickets to the preview dinner? It sold out within seconds.
I had a job interview at 10 and couldn't even try. Hopefully we will get reports from some attendees.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #258
teamkelly
Excited to take the kids for their first time in Sept!
 
teamkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10

What time does the actual Food and Wine Festival begin? We will be there on opening day, but I'm not sure when the kiosks/events/tasting begins. Regular Future World opening time? Regular World Showcase opening time? A special time?
Thanks in advance!
__________________
Me DH "P" (5) "C" (3)

11/22-29/2014 Pop Century for Thanksgiving Week!
9/22/2013 - AoA Cars Suite with the kids!
MNSSHP and Food & Wine Festival!
3/2003- ASM
'89- off property
'87- off property
teamkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #259
BeerMe
DIS Veteran
 
BeerMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 943

Regular time. I seem to remember WS staying open a little longer, but my memory towards the end of the day is a little fuzzy due to all the beer and wine.......
__________________


We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #260
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkelly View Post
What time does the actual Food and Wine Festival begin? We will be there on opening day, but I'm not sure when the kiosks/events/tasting begins. Regular Future World opening time? Regular World Showcase opening time? A special time?
Thanks in advance!
Kiosks are open at 11am and close for most of the days at 9pm. Regular World Showcase times is a good estimate of times, since that is where the food booths are located.

For event times you will need to get the pamphlet, which changes weekly, at the entrance to Epcot, the Festival Welcome Center and many other locations throughout Epcot.

The first post, on the first page of this thread is a good place to check on times when they become available.
__________________
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #261
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,514

Fuzzy Glimpse

Kind of a blurry glimpse of the artwork for the festival this year. Taste Around the World
__________________
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #262
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!
 
PoppyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,015

Do we purchase tickets or pay for entrance to the daily culinary demos or mixology seminars or the wine seminars ahead of time? Or do you do that the day of?

I know you have to book the big ticket items ahead of time.
__________________
"PoppyGirl" 50 DH 59"UdderMan" DS "Dopeydo" 14 DD "Fickle Pickle" 11
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #263
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran
 
crazy4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
Do we purchase tickets or pay for entrance to the daily culinary demos or mixology seminars or the wine seminars ahead of time? Or do you do that the day of?

I know you have to book the big ticket items ahead of time.
If you make advanced reservations for any of the demos or seminars, you pay for them at the time the reservation is made. The advance payment is nonrefundable. You can make reservations for the demos and seminars when the reservations become available for the other events. Many of the demos/seminars sell out in advance.
__________________
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #264
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran
 
crazy4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Kind of a blurry glimpse of the artwork for the festival this year. Taste Around the World
That's interesting. The theme for last year's F&W festival was "Taste your way around the World".
__________________
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #265
WeeVee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
That's interesting. The theme for last year's F&W festival was "Taste your way around the World".
That may not be the theme but I saw it on something advertised, which might be from last year. The artwork is new though, I believe.

It was on the email banner from Tables in Wonderland announcing the Preview Dinner. Maybe that's why the other poster mentioned it as the theme.

Last edited by WeeVee; 07-02-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Other info
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #266
teamkelly
Excited to take the kids for their first time in Sept!
 
teamkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Kiosks are open at 11am and close for most of the days at 9pm. Regular World Showcase times is a good estimate of times, since that is where the food booths are located.
Thank you so much- that is exactly what I needed to know!
__________________
Me DH "P" (5) "C" (3)

11/22-29/2014 Pop Century for Thanksgiving Week!
9/22/2013 - AoA Cars Suite with the kids!
MNSSHP and Food & Wine Festival!
3/2003- ASM
'89- off property
'87- off property
teamkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #267
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,942

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
I thought I read somewhere, maybe here, that you can purchase the wristlet GC with a regular Disney GC? Is this correct? We have a bunch of GCs saved up, but I would really love one of the wristlet ones!
You cannot purchase a GC with another Disney GC.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #268
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer
 
ryansstitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post

If you make advanced reservations for any of the demos or seminars, you pay for them at the time the reservation is made. The advance payment is nonrefundable. You can make reservations for the demos and seminars when the reservations become available for the other events. Many of the demos/seminars sell out in advance.
Many of the demos appear sold out in advance. But I went during one of the busiest weeks and they made it clear that they hold back tickets to purchase day of and a day or two before. I bought tickets day of to 2 that sold out in the first 48 hours of reservations. If you can't get what you want in advance or aren't sure if you want to plan yet, you can wait. There is the risk though that what you want may sell out at the ticket kiosk. Try to get there at future world opening to get into the festival center if you need tickets day of.
__________________
DD DH Me


ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #269
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran
 
crazy4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansstitch View Post
Many of the demos appear sold out in advance. But I went during one of the busiest weeks and they made it clear that they hold back tickets to purchase day of and a day or two before. I bought tickets day of to 2 that sold out in the first 48 hours of reservations. If you can't get what you want in advance or aren't sure if you want to plan yet, you can wait. There is the risk though that what you want may sell out at the ticket kiosk. Try to get there at future world opening to get into the festival center if you need tickets day of.
I didn't realize this. This is good info to know!
__________________
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #270
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran
 
Tinkerboy00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 1,326

We are originally from FL and F&W was our second date. Now we go back every year for our anniversary (Nov 4th). We missed the last two F&W but are going this year for our 12th anniversary!

One of our favorite things is the Australian Wine Walkabout. Was that there last year? I hope it comes back this year. Always a blast talking to the wine presenters.

That and the goat cheese tartlet from France. ha
__________________
Tinkerboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: