Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Princess Merida
Earning My Ears

Split Stay Resort Choice

Hello, we have finally made a partial resort decision. We are going to check into either the AKL or the WL for 5 nights and then transfer to the Poly for our last 3 nights. We cannot decide between the WL and AKL. We have a DD2 and DD6 at time of trip so we will be spending a lot of time at the MK. I know my family would love the animals at AKL but not sure we would like how dark it is. We wouldn't be using any of the sit down restaurants since we are all pretty picky eaters. The WL is super close to the MK which would be really convenient and it also has the boat but I'm not a fan of the rooms...maybe it's just the pictures not sure. We do have 2 days planned to be at 1st resort and I don't know which resort has better amenities. Please help!!! Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

With the ages of your kids and knowing that you will be spending more time at MK then I would suggest WL. However, since you will be spending the last few days at the Poly, which has monorail access to MK then I would go with AK. I have stayed at both and personally AK is my family's favorite. There are activities for the kids at the resort just like WL, however, the main difference is the decor and the animals at AK.

Which ever one you pick, enjoy your vacation and make a lot of family "mickey" memories.
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

The AKL is very special -- pools, animals, activities - and the buses are excellent there. I was disappointed in WL and pleasantly surprised by AKL.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
pryncess527
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom View Post
With the ages of your kids and knowing that you will be spending more time at MK then I would suggest WL. However, since you will be spending the last few days at the Poly, which has monorail access to MK then I would go with AK. I have stayed at both and personally AK is my family's favorite. There are activities for the kids at the resort just like WL, however, the main difference is the decor and the animals at AK.

Which ever one you pick, enjoy your vacation and make a lot of family "mickey" memories.
I agree. Since you're gonna have such easy and park access to MK the second portion of the trip it seems like saying at AK for the first time and enjoying the drastically different scenery of the lodge would be a good choice
pryncess527 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: