Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #61
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
Because you can book the September offer through 7/31, does that mean they won't announce any potential special offer until August for fall travel? We are booked for 10/18-10/25 and I'd love for free dining or a room only discount!
Thanks!
That's what we have been hearing (early August). But, I am really hoping that something can still come out this month. Waiting is killing us. Good luck!!

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #62
gbaker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
That's what we have been hearing (early August). But, I am really hoping that something can still come out this month. Waiting is killing us. Good luck!!
We recieved a pin code but not for the dates we are going. These are the dates we recieved.
8/25-10/2
10/18-10/31
11/11-11/23
11/30-12/4
12/15-12/22
gbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #63
gbaker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overexcited View Post
My parents went a few years ago planning ahead for free dinning. They announced all sorts of dates but theirs. I called and they have them a discount, did not equal free dinning but it took a good chunk off the dinning costs.
Could you call Disney even if you booked it through a TA?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #64
La Tomate
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaker View Post
I believe so. I asked the question a wee while ago - but lost the number to call.

I'm booked in for 28th Sept -> Oct 6th, I'd LOVE a free dining code, but I'm starting to lose hope.
La Tomate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #65
stef12280
Earning My Ears

Smile I got free dining

I got free dining heading there with my 2 kids from September 28 to Oct 5. A friend at work got a coupon in the mail and she gave it to me for free dining. I actually changed my reservation from Art of Animaton to POR and got free meal plan and saved almost $200 dollars.
I did the free meal plan 2 years ago and thought it was fantastic.
Good Luck !!!
stef12280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #66
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are booked with a TA, they are the only one who can call and add a discount to your booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tomate View Post
I believe so. I asked the question a wee while ago - but lost the number to call.

I'm booked in for 28th Sept -> Oct 6th, I'd LOVE a free dining code, but I'm starting to lose hope.
Don't give up just yet. It is not time for the Oct. discounts to be released. I would not get nervous about the possibility of no discounts until mid-August at the earliest.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
gbaker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you are booked with a TA, they are the only one who can call and add a discount to your booking.

Don't give up just yet. It is not time for the Oct. discounts to be released. I would not get nervous about the possibility of no discounts until mid-August at the earliest.
We have to have ours paid for by the first of August and we have had some major medical issues with a family member so we are really hoping for free dining also. Hoping to celebrate a great recovery from open heart surgery in October!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #68
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We recieved a pin code but not for the dates we are going. These are the dates we recieved.
8/25-10/2
10/18-10/31
11/11-11/23
11/30-12/4
12/15-12/22
Oh wow!!! We are leaving on Oct. 2. I hope that those dates become public so that we can revise our reservation. I also hope that you get the dates that you want. FREE DINING FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #69
La Tomate
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Okiedokie, Cool.

I'm antsy ... :-) I know...
This is is our first ever Disney vacation, and our first vacation that doesn't involve a tent... AND... it's our DD's 5th birthday :D
Hoping to make it as special as possible, we're going through fertility issues and HOPE to be pregnant again next year - which would mean that we wouldn't be thinking of going back to Disney for quite some time if we are blessed with a second child.

Free dining would be a great surprise, and so welcomed.
My DD loves "going out to eat".
Old 07-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #70
gbaker
Earning My Ears

Thanks! We are arriving Oct.5-12. I hope it does become public for everyone!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #71
karenci
Earning My Ears

Just spoke with someone in reservations, on the off chance there was a pin attached to my account for our trip october 19. Unfortunately, there wasn't. She did say that the last wave of pins has gone out for that time period, and they don't know if those discounts will go open to the general public. Just wanted to run that past y'all for verification!
karenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #72
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

I spoke with a CM last week for the same reason and they told me they thought the Fall offers would be out in the next couple of weeks. But I learned not to take anything a CM say's to heart.
LouFapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #73
angierae
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping for a room only discount that falls around 10/20-10/22 because we are (sadly) only spending two nights on property, and three nights and two days of tickets would make it MORE expensive for me ( we are doing one day plus mnsshp).

But a room discount would be fab. Sadly, the last time I got an email pin was 3/2011.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #74
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

Quote:
We have to have ours paid for by the first of August and we have had some major medical issues with a family member so we are really hoping for free dining also. Hoping to celebrate a great recovery from open heart surgery in October!
gbaker, from my understanding even if you have already paid for the vacation, if free dining is offered for the period in which you are staying you can still add it right up till like 48 hours before your check-in. So don't give up on it yet!
LouFapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #75
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
gbaker, from my understanding even if you have already paid for the vacation, if free dining is offered for the period in which you are staying you can still add it right up till like 48 hours before your check-in. So don't give up on it yet!
All dining plans must be added 72 hours prior to check in.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: