Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #31
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
When we went in January, 2013, I had done on-line check in. When I arrived, I went to give them my credit card. They said, no need, we've charged your stay to your card. They asked if I wanted to use the same card for charging to the room; I said yes and that was that.
Wait a moment... so when did your statement show the charge occurring? At online check in, arrival, or departure?

Honestly, if the desk clerk used that wording with me, and I hadn't read this thread first, I would hear "we've charged your stay" and assume the clerk meant "we have all your credit card info, so your stay will be charged to that card" (at the end of your stay.)

I should work on my listening skills, perhaps...
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #32
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

We have paid in cash on arrival several times as well. However there have been several anecdotal reports recently of guests arriving and finding out that their card has already been charged with the outstanding balance. Apparently it doesn't happen all the time, but it DOES happen. One of the reasons why we don't do online check in.

Room only reservations require a deposit equal to one night's stay, due at the time of booking. Since your stay is only for one night, you have to pay the entire amount up front.
We did online check in for a stay a few weeks ago. We could not do online check in without providing a credit card. The card was charged before we got to the resort. We were told this is to speed up the check in process. We contacted Disney and recommended this info be posted on the website when you.do online check in.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #33
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
not true in my experience (sorry to contradict you). We always do online check in and if you haven't paid your whole amount it will make you enter a CC number BUT they don't charge it. We've arrived and paid in cash with no problems. We arrive - they ask how we'd like to pay the balance and we go from there.
Guess you were lucky then.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
mommycrawford
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the replies!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #35
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
Room-only balance is not due until check-in HOWEVER, if you utilize on-line check in & proved a cc number, they will charge your balance to that card prior to your physical arrival when they process your info.

So, if you want to pay in cash, do yourself a favor & wait to add a cc to your portfolio once you arrive.
This happened to me also. I did online checkin and provided my CC. When I arrived at POR I wanted to pay with a Disney Rewards Card but they had already charged my stay to the CC I provided during the online checkin process.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #36
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
Wait a moment... so when did your statement show the charge occurring? At online check in, arrival, or departure?

Honestly, if the desk clerk used that wording with me, and I hadn't read this thread first, I would hear "we've charged your stay" and assume the clerk meant "we have all your credit card info, so your stay will be charged to that card" (at the end of your stay.)

I should work on my listening skills, perhaps...
You know, since I had it all budgeted, and I believed that I would be charged at check in, I never even looked! It didn't matter.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #37
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Here I am again. I just think that paying for room only reservations at Disney is odd. The way they use a hand held calculator to present you with the balance is strange. I think they should just ask for a credit card upon check in to guarantee your stay and other charges, and detail the charge for you when you check out. I've never checked my credit card during my stay to see if they have charged me the entire balance on check in, or if they charge the room charge every day during the stay. I suspect they have something in the fine print whereby they have a right to charge you for unused nights if you have an emergency and need to leave before the originally booked end of stay. All other hotel chains I've stayed would allow me to cancel with no penalty before 6pm, since I never use a priceline or internet rate. I've never had to leave before my end of vacation in Disney. I guess I just don't like the check in at Disney. It seems haven't been helped by an outstanding cast member upon arrival (except my BWI stay in 2005) who starts the magic off well. I know this is hard to believe for most of you but it is true. And I am a very cheerful person, especially when starting a Disney stay!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC, CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR,Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: