Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1711
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

I've had the WL vs. CR debate too. The thing that normally makes the CR win is the monorail. We try to avoid the buses when possible. I know WL has the boat to MK, but how do you get to EPCOT from there? Bus? Is there a boat to the TTC?
The "quick" way to Epcot from WL is the bus, but we enjoy catching the boat over to CR then taking the monorails. The boat ride to CR is very short, and then we have all of the CR transportation options.

The boat options are the boat loop between WL, CR, and FW and also the direct boat to MK. There is no direct TTC boat without transferring at MK. There are buses to each park including MK, which really don't seem to be that bad.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #1712
annakate27
Mouseketeer

Hello again!!!! I have more Contemporary questions. We have the Hospitality Suite booked and I am wondering if anyone knows the room numbers of the Hospitality Suites? I was told that they are located closest to the tower but I'm not sure if that is accurate. We are excited about having such a large room but now somewhat dreading have to walk to the tower to enjoy the club level. TIA

(Me) (DH) (DD 7)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #1713
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am planning to book for sept 2014 when the rates are released next week and just wondering what I should be booking. Am debating between tower and garden wing and wondering which books out first? I will be hoping for a discount but I want to book now so I can pay it off over the year instead of all at once.

Should I book BLV, TPV or Gw room? Which one has least availability? I really wanted TPV but am not sold on the parking lot below, although I know my kids would love seeing the castle from the room
Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #1714
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am planning to book for sept 2014 when the rates are released next week and just wondering what I should be booking. Am debating between tower and garden wing and wondering which books out first? I will be hoping for a discount but I want to book now so I can pay it off over the year instead of all at once.

Should I book BLV, TPV or Gw room? Which one has least availability? I really wanted TPV but am not sold on the parking lot below, although I know my kids would love seeing the castle from the room
This is just a guess, but I would think the GW rooms would book up first as they are the cheapest. Since you are trying to decide between 3 room types, maybe compromise and book BLV. This will put you in the tower and although it will be a little more than a GW room, it will be less expensive than a TPV .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #1715
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

This is just a guess, but I would think the GW rooms would book up first as they are the cheapest. Since you are trying to decide between 3 room types, maybe compromise and book BLV. This will put you in the tower and although it will be a little more than a GW room, it will be less expensive than a TPV .
In my experience, GW rooms book up first, especially the standard view rooms. The GW standard view rooms are actually the least expensive rooms of any monorail resort I believe.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #1716
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

In response to questions about the GW rooms... This is just my opinion, but we didn't care for them. We actually stayed in the GW during our wedding trip and it felt very un-Disney. The CR decor is very modern (which we actually loved and part of why we chose it,) but while there, it tended to feel very conventioney and like any other resort anywhere you might travel. The following year we stayed in the tower, and although the decor was the same, it felt much more Disney-like because of the mural, monorail, gift shop, Chef Mickey's, etc... All being visible when you exit your room. It just felt more fun to us and more like we were part of the 'action.'
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #1717
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
In response to questions about the GW rooms... This is just my opinion, but we didn't care for them. We actually stayed in the GW during our wedding trip and it felt very un-Disney. The CR decor is very modern (which we actually loved and part of why we chose it,) but while there, it tended to feel very conventioney and like any other resort anywhere you might travel. The following year we stayed in the tower, and although the decor was the same, it felt much more Disney-like because of the mural, monorail, gift shop, Chef Mickey's, etc... All being visible when you exit your room. It just felt more fun to us and more like we were part of the 'action.'
Thank you for this review...this is what I was worried about too so it is helpful to see someone else's review as well. We love the poly as it is the only onsite we have tried so far and were going to do a split stay between poly/CR...but it looks like there will be construction when we want to go at the poly so am thinking of a week at the CR!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #1718
princessap
DIS Veteran

So now that I am leaning towards a week at the CR, can someone help me decide which view is best??

Also, our girls will be 2, 5 and 7 at the time of trip...they LOVED the poly, will they like CR as much?? I have always wanted to stay there but not sure it is kid friendly?!

Can someone tell me where to find the kids activities, or tell me what your kids love about the CR?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #1719
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We always stay at CR MK view and DD loves it. Watching the fireworks from our own balcony every night makes it worth every penny for us DD loves watching the monorail from the room, and enjoys the shops and restaurants. The pool is great, water slide and splash pad included DD loves all of the children's activities at the pool, beach and boats to rent are a highlight for DH and DD
Old 07-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #1720
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers View Post
We always stay at CR MK view and DD loves it. Watching the fireworks from our own balcony every night makes it worth every penny for us DD loves watching the monorail from the room, and enjoys the shops and restaurants. The pool is great, water slide and splash pad included DD loves all of the children's activities at the pool, beach and boats to rent are a highlight for DH and DD
Thank you! I love hearing opinions on TPV because I always said if I stayed here it would be in a tpv room...but I looked at pictures and i didn't like looking at the parking lot below...is that something that you noticed??
Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #1721
princessap
DIS Veteran

Playing with the numbers and it worked out the same price minus a few dollars for both free dining and room only discount?!? is that normal?!

Is TPV normally excluded like it is this year??
Old 07-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #1722
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
but I looked at pictures and i didn't like looking at the parking lot below...is that something that you noticed??
Only when you look down.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #1723
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Playing with the numbers and it worked out the same price minus a few dollars for both free dining and room only discount?!? is that normal?!

Is TPV normally excluded like it is this year??
I can't answer about FD & TPV but I can tell you that with the room only discount TPV was available.. I honestly wouldn't count on FD it really appears they are slowly phasing it out.. GP so far is only Sept 2-25 TH with FD personal pins being sent to selective ppl for remainder of the yr..

Now that being said. We saved more with RO 30% and added 7 day PH & DDP. Alot of times the deluxe resorts price out better with room only depending on number in your party & eating habits. We are a party of 2.

CR never tickled my fancy always stayed Poly, GF, BC, POR or values but after staying CR Tower BLV we loved it! The location is amazing! The monorail is so very convenient & the rooms large & beautiful! Can't wait for Sept! 67 days!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #1724
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I can't answer about FD & TPV but I can tell you that with the room only discount TPV was available.. I honestly wouldn't count on FD it really appears they are slowly phasing it out.. GP so far is only Sept 2-25 TH with FD personal pins being sent to selective ppl for remainder of the yr..

Now that being said. We saved more with RO 30% and added 7 day PH & DDP. Alot of times the deluxe resorts price out better with room only depending on number in your party & eating habits. We are a party of 2.

CR never tickled my fancy always stayed Poly, GF, BC, POR or values but after staying CR Tower BLV we loved it! The location is amazing! The monorail is so very convenient & the rooms large & beautiful! Can't wait for Sept! 67 days!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
This year it worked out cheaper with room only for us at the poly too..we are two adults and three kids (one infant so really two paying kids)...I looked again at room only and it says only garden and lakeview rooms included?!

We have only stayed at the poly and loved it which is part of why I am hesitant to stay elsewhere I am glad to read you stayed at the poly before too and loved the CR as well!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #1725
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I love hearing opinions on TPV because I always said if I stayed here it would be in a tpv room...but I looked at pictures and i didn't like looking at the parking lot below...is that something that you noticed??
I was surprised on our first stay but I don't even notice now. We say we look out not down I LOVE watching the castle change colors during the night when my family is sleeping We would never stay anywhere else
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: