Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #16
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltg View Post
Well, I'll be different and throw out the opposite opinion. The choice for separate sleeping arrangements would win out for me every time. Yes, AKL is a lovely resort. I've stated there a couple of times. That said, when vacationing with the kids, I prefer the ability to be able to do stuff when they go to bed. Whether I want to sit up and watch tv, read, or even - dare I say it - have a little grown-up time with my husband, I can do that with separate rooms. There is no single hotel room that can accomplish that for me.

Regardless, good luck choosing!
I agree 100%. That's why we rent DVC points. We do get our own bedroom, jacuzzi, kitchen, w/d, & 2 TVs. Plus they're all deluxe. It's a win-win for us.
There's nothing magical about cramming all 4 of us in 1 room with 1 bathroom. Even on a cruise where our teens can have some freedom to roam & it's only for sleep that we're all in the room at the same time, we still get 2 cabins now.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Bottom line is what you think your family is going to enjoy the most? Although I have never stayed at AOA, I have done Pop a few times. I did AKL, Kiddani Villas so I had the works & honestly it was a bore for my 3 children & myself, this place would have been great if it were just hubby & I but personally, I felt it lacked the bright cheerful, loud & crazy fun that I think of when we do disney altogether. If you want R&R than sure akl will work but if you want bright vivid color do aoa, check out the pics. AOA has done a fantastic job in bringing the movie theme to life. good luck!

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #18
katiee37
DIS Veteran

OP--your kids seem to be at a perfect age to appreciate AoA. Everyone regardless of age can appreciate animals in their backyard, but not everyone will appreciate larger-than-life Ariel characters or a Finding Nemo pool or Cars or Lion King themed areas...unless you're planning another trip within a couple years, now is the time to experience AoA if it's become a must-do for your family. If it hasn't, then AKL would be fantastic at any age!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: