Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer

What else besides autograph book?

Any suggestions on what we could have the characters sign besides an autograph book when we do the meet and greets around the ship?

We already have 2 books from disneyland and was hoping for something different. I know my 3 yr old daughter will enjoy meeting the characters and will want them to sign something. Thought about a canvas backpack and putting it on a clipboard (for a hard service) but dont know how well all the characters could sign it (like pluto)

This is not what we are going to bring to guest service- have that taken care of- pillowcase and photo mat.

Thanks
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
NACFl
Mouseketeer

We had a photo matte signed. It is our favorite souvenir! We put our family picture from pirate night in it.
NACFl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
msd1776
NebraskaDisneyFan

I will second the photo matte. We flew to Florida and drove to Port Canaveral so we picked a matte up at a store along the way. When we got on board, we dropped the matte of at guest services. They delivered it serval days latter to our room all signed. We carried it on the plane on the way home.
msd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
amyh13
Mouseketeer

What size matte did you buy?
amyh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
abbiep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh13
What size matte did you buy?
I bought a 11x14 and had 4 picture slots cut 25x7and 24x6 had them land scape and portrait because I knew it would be hard to pick one picture. Also if you use Matt I would suggest putting Matt in frame and drawing around edge of frame so they won't sign all the way to the edge
abbiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Scraptographer
Mouseketeer

My daughter has had the characters sign a couple of different things besides autograph books. Once she had them sign the white canvas shoes she wore. Since there was limited room DD only had the Fab 5 plus Daisy and another favourite or two sign. The problem was that she liked them so much, and she got so many comments on them that she wore them everywhere and eventually they smudged (long after the cruise). But she enjoyed them a lot.

On another cruise we bought one of the DCL canvas bags they sell (mostly white with the logo), I think it was even on sale as a deal of the day, and she had lots of characters sign that. The bag she still keeps hanging in her room. She still has the shoes too, but they were relegated to the back of her closet

And although one helpful Cast member did suggest that we leave the bag at the main desk to get it signed, realistically these items did not take longer to sign than an autograph book.

And the characters will often use the piano in the lobby or the walls or the floor as a flat surface. Just saying.
Scraptographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
ggthatsme
Earning My Ears

Last November, My daughter made simple, round salt clay ornaments. We painted them and carefully packed them in our luggage. I carried them around in my backpack and every time she had a character experience, we pulled out an ornament and a Sharpie (works best on the paint). Now, we have wonderful souvenirs on our tree to reminder her of the cruise

ggthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraptographer View Post
My daughter has had the characters sign a couple of different things besides autograph books. Once she had them sign the white canvas shoes she wore. Since there was limited room DD only had the Fab 5 plus Daisy and another favourite or two sign. The problem was that she liked them so much, and she got so many comments on them that she wore them everywhere and eventually they smudged (long after the cruise). But she enjoyed them a lot.

On another cruise we bought one of the DCL canvas bags they sell (mostly white with the logo), I think it was even on sale as a deal of the day, and she had lots of characters sign that. The bag she still keeps hanging in her room. She still has the shoes too, but they were relegated to the back of her closet

And although one helpful Cast member did suggest that we leave the bag at the main desk to get it signed, realistically these items did not take longer to sign than an autograph book.

And the characters will often use the piano in the lobby or the walls or the floor as a flat surface. Just saying.

Oh the shoe thing is a GREAT idea! My DD would love that...tho her feet are tiny for now so it'd be hard to sign.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
shburks
DIS Veteran

On our cruise, they would not allow us to have the autograph book signed with a Sharpie (for the non-face characters) and told us (repeatedly) that we had to use a regular pen. Maybe they don't have backup costumes sitting around like they do at WDW? I don't know but that might affect what you choose to have signed if you get to a character and they won't allow you to use a Sharpie.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
jgive
Mouseketeer

I'm impatiently waiting for our first cruise, but we used a 9" Lightening McQueen vinylmation for characters to sign in February at WDW.

Upcoming
2015: Glass Slipper Challenge!

2014-Cruised the Southern Caribbean on the Magic, Flower & Garden Festival, PHM 5K, WDW Marathon Weekend 10k; 2013-Villians Pin Event, D23 Expo, PHM 5k; 2011-F&G Festival; 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon Relay; 2009-F&W Festival; 2008-WDW Half-marathon, F&W Festival,Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13k; 2007-WDW Half-Marathon
jgive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Are you thinking of something to carry with you to meet and greets? Or something to leave at Guest Services for character signatures. I think many of the suggestions here (photo mat, sneakers, tote bag, vinylmation) are things that people can leave with Guest Services and request signatures - either specific characters or all available. I haven't seen characters sign much other than autograph books during the scheduled meet and greets around the ship, though it might be possible.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
supercrossfox21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Are you thinking of something to carry with you to meet and greets? Or something to leave at Guest Services for character signatures. I think many of the suggestions here (photo mat, sneakers, tote bag, vinylmation) are things that people can leave with Guest Services and request signatures - either specific characters or all available. I haven't seen characters sign much other than autograph books during the scheduled meet and greets around the ship, though it might be possible.

Enjoy your cruise!
My question was about meet and greets. I already have things picked out to take to guest services. I have recently been told on another board that the only thing they will sign at meet and greets are autograph books or scrapbook papers. So I guess it kind of answers my question about what to have them sign. Now just wondering if its true they will only sign with pen vs. sharpie.
supercrossfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

A light saber? One of the big 9" vinylmation?

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
supersecretadventure
Earning My Ears

It's was a great idea

I saw someone who had the characters sign in an ipad app, then she took the signature and put it on the picture. I think it was the A+ signature app in the ipad ***I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, check out the app, you can see what I mean.... The app is also in the iPhone, and probably other smart phones. The end result would be an autographed photo..... You'd just need a stylus for the characters to use.
supersecretadventure is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: