Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour

Has anyone done this tour in Nassau? I've tried searching the boards and didn't find anything. It sounds great, but I was hoping for a little more information.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
MarthaTracks
Earning My Ears

We are planning on booking this excursion as well. I found out that it is relatively new, like October 2012 new. Any reviews of those you have already gone would be wonderful.
MarthaTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
jcm1957
Earning My Ears

Yes well worth

We have been there twice, Erika was on top chefs deserts. Check out there page on Facebook. Well worth a visit. Highlight of our trip to Nassua.
jcm1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

I haven't heard any other reviews. There was one on trip adviser that was positive, but it wasn't associated with the cruise.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
engle
DIS Veteran

I am going at the end of may and will report back!
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

I am so glad this topic came up! We have been going back and forth on this excursion. We were married in Nassau 13 years ago and had our wedding dinner at the Graycliff. This is a perfect reason to revisit!! Plus, Erica from Top Chef! My 10 year old daughter and my favorite show - that sold her, too! Just booked - going on Dream May 12th. Will let you know how it is!
lilagirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
westmomof2
Earning My Ears

Graycliff Escape excursion

Hi! So I was wondering if there were any updates now that a few (or at least one) of you have gone on this excursion? I wanted to book this excursion for our 8/1/13 sailing....

Thanks!!
westmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

Is this seasonal? I was on the Dream in April 2013 and this wasn't available.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #9
Otimon
DIS Veteran

We've booked this excursion for our Oct. Dream cruise.

Reviews or no, chocolate lovers that we are, we figured you can't go wrong sampling different chocolates and making some of your very own to bring with you.

Full steam ahead!!!!!
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
engle
DIS Veteran

LOVED it!!

There were 4 of us, all adults, that did this in late May. There were children on the tour and they seemed to really enjoy it as well.

After a short van ride from the port, we were at Graycliffe. Our tour started immediately with the lesson on how cocoa is grown as well as the origination of the chocolate factory itself. We then "suited up" for the tour!! We were shown how the cocoa bean is processed and how it becomes chocolate as well as shown the inner workings of the very small factory.

After that, we were given a class in chocolate making...super fun!! We were able to make chocolate/candy/nut covered strawberry, truffle, marshmallow as well as made our own chocolate bar. We were able to take the box of them home!!

All in all, it is a GREAT tour and would recommend it... I also think kids ages 8 and older would love it.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer!!
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle View Post
There were 4 of us, all adults, that did this in late May. There were children on the tour and they seemed to really enjoy it as well.

After a short van ride from the port, we were at Graycliffe. Our tour started immediately with the lesson on how cocoa is grown as well as the origination of the chocolate factory itself. We then "suited up" for the tour!! We were shown how the cocoa bean is processed and how it becomes chocolate as well as shown the inner workings of the very small factory.

After that, we were given a class in chocolate making...super fun!! We were able to make chocolate/candy/nut covered strawberry, truffle, marshmallow as well as made our own chocolate bar. We were able to take the box of them home!!

All in all, it is a GREAT tour and would recommend it... I also think kids ages 8 and older would love it.

Awesome to hear. This is our #1 excursion choice for Nassau for our Thanksiving 2014 Dream cruise (if we actually go and don't push it out to the next year).

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

Any idea what the price for this tour is if you do it on your own?
It's $59/pp for the DCL excursion. After the free or cheap factory tours we've done in the states that hurts to pay.

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle View Post

Did your tour depart in the morning? I was originally planning on staying on the ship in Nassau, but if I could get out and do this in the morning, I'm tempted!
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
Otimon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Did your tour depart in the morning? I was originally planning on staying on the ship in Nassau, but if I could get out and do this in the morning, I'm tempted!
According to our scheduled tour in Oct., the time is set for 10:45AM. We're looking forward to it.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #15
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling

I just booked this tour for my husband and I on our cruise next month. It sounds like fun! The beginning time is 10:45 and return time is 1:45. Does anyone know if there is time for lunch at Graycliff? Or should we just plan to eat when we return to the ship?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: