Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #46
melanell
Earning My Ears

I think that anytime a family visits the same location yearly there is certainly room for allowing everyone to try things they are really interested in doing.

I think it would be really unfair to never let anyone else have a say in what resorts to stay at. WDW has so many resorts, that you could actually make a fun family goal of trying out as many different ones as possible in the future years. Or you could alternate, going to POP or POR one year, and letting the family choose a new resort the next, and so on.

You don't have to give up Poly. You're just postponing it until next year.
melanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #47
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

I agree with a PP who said its not all about the money, but rather the needs for that particular trip. I have 4 kids under 8, so right now my needs are to be either on the monorail line or in the Epcot resort area. When my oldest is out of a stroller, we will probably stay either off property or somewhere cheaper than one of the deluxes.
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #48
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

I think some may have misunderstood what I was trying to say in this thread. I wasn't really debating wether or not I should book what my hubby wants. It was never really a question. I just wanted to hear that others haven't regretted booking AoA. Plus I know when I go to book the poly the following year there will be no question cause he picked last time haha

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #49
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Actually my husband couldn't tell you how much any of our disney trips cost. He has no idea that the poly is more than AoA. He is probably assuming AoA is more because of the size. When it comes to disney my husband takes the approach " happy wife happy life". He just leaves it up to me to pick it all. We actually have been to both resorts. He knows the theming of both. He knows all about the monorail vs bussing situation. He just thinks that the cars suite looking like alot of fun!( he owns a body shop so cars are his passion). Last year we went over to check out the new resort and of course the kids were hooked! At the end of the day I realize my little boys won't be little forever so I'd rather let them enjoy the AoA before they grow out of it. Plus my oldest son is a great artist. he wants to work for Pixar one day and I heard about the daily animator that is in the lobby so how can I not stay there now!
Sounds like a couple of low information voters to me. We have some friends who have the ability to stay when and where they want to, anytime they want to. There 2 daughters who happen to be young at the time saw a pro-mo for one of the POP resorts when it first opened. They were planning there first trip to Disney as a family and their daughters begged them to stay there. They thought it looked cool. There trip was for a week, though after the first night, they were absolutely miserable. They said they couldn't get out of there fast enough, though endured it for the remainder of the trip. Unfortunately, most of the time in life, you get what you pay for and resorts at Disney are no exception.

Last edited by hookedonears; 07-01-2013 at 03:34 PM.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #50
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonears View Post
Sounds like a couple of low information voters to me. We have some friends who have the ability to stay when and where they want to, anytime they want to. There 2 daughters who happen to be young at the time saw a pro-mo for one of the POP resorts when it first opened. They were planning there first trip to Disney as a family and their daughters begged them to stay there. They thought it looked cool. There trip was for a week, though after the first night, they were absolutely miserable. They said they couldn't get out of there fast enough, though endured it for the remainder of the trip. Unfortunately, most of the time in life, you get what you pay for and resorts at Disney are no exception.
The AoA suites are very different from a Pop standard room. Having a separate room for the parents is a huge benefit that even a deluxe doesn't give you. The AoA suites are bigger than all of the deluxe rooms. Space is nice.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #51
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the OP gets that you really like the Polynesian. However, she was asking for others' opinions on Art of Animation and if they enjoyed their stay. She's decided on Art of Animation based on what she's heard so far and she's looking forward to it.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #52
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
I think some may have misunderstood what I was trying to say in this thread. I wasn't really debating wether or not I should book what my hubby wants. It was never really a question. I just wanted to hear that others haven't regretted booking AoA. Plus I know when I go to book the poly the following year there will be no question cause he picked last time haha
This happened to me when I voiced concern about an ADR my husband asked for, only b/c it just had a very public bad review.. The thread ended up making me look like I was a horrible person b/c I was concerned & I wasn't even planning on canceling the ADR

There seems to be alot if that going in lately.. Instead of answering a question you get judged..

Glad you made your decision while I love the Poly I think you made a good decision!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #53
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that her husband would choose to stay at AoA instead of the Poly, if there weren't other factors involved? The volcano pool, Monorail stop, Magic Kingdom view, electric water parade, sand beach area, shorter bus waits, relaxing tropical atmosphere, larger rooms and on and on and on. The only other factor that I can imagine for her husband to prefer some place else, would be financial, which is perfectly understandable.
I can think of a reason why a husband might want the AoA - the private bedroom with a lock on the door.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #54
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Another vote for AoA! If my husband and kids were really excited about it, I'd bite the bullet and make them happy without even thinking about it! You may save money doing that too! AoA has one of the best food courts on property and the biggest pool! The cars section of the resort looks amazing.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #55
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post

I think the OP gets that you really like the Polynesian. However, she was asking for others' opinions on Art of Animation and if they enjoyed their stay. She's decided on Art of Animation based on what she's heard so far and she's looking forward to it.
Yes - I agree with you!
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #56
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post

I can think of a reason why a husband might want the AoA - the private bedroom with a lock on the door.
Lol
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #57
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post

Exactly this! Just wanted opinions from others that have been! We were able to visit the resort and the kids were in love! I thought the resort was awesome looking! So I am excited! Am I little disappointed to not go to the poly ? Sure! But making my family happy and making disney memories with them is what it's all about! It's nice to hear from the people that have been and enjoyed it! The poly will be there next time!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*

Last edited by julluvsdisney; 07-01-2013 at 10:50 PM.
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #58
mom2dina
Mouseketeer

You did the right Thing! You will have Fun! and Next year you will go to Poly!

mom2dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #59
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Guilty of reading just the 1st and last page of this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned so if it has I apologize. Pete and the gang did a review of AoA with his last 7 resorts in 7 days here on DISunplugged and they absolutely LOVED it! You definitely need to watch it! We have not stayed there yet but we definitely will. Also I want to share this story, when DD was younger we stayed at the Deluxes because of the convenience, the fist time we stayed at ASMo she absolutely loved it and asked 'why haven't we ever stayed here before'. All the resorts are different and they all have something wonderful to offer, IMHO. Have a great time!
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Kimi313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: